Author Topic: Vice (Console)  (Read 58486 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Vice (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:30 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throws
Death Blow - ;bk / ;fd+ ;c / ;d

Command Normals
Dokken - ;fd + ;a

Special Moves
Splash - ;dp + ;a / ;c *

Mayhem - ;qcb + ;a / ;c
    ∟;qcf + ;a / ;c (Splash - EX only) *

Deicide - ;hcf + ;b / ;d *

GoreFest - ;hcb ;fd + ;a / ;c *

Desperation Moves
Negative Gain - ;hcb x2 + ;b / ;d *

Overkill - ;db ;dn ;df  ;fd ;uf ;up ;dn + ;a / ;c (in air)

Neomax
Awakening Blood - ;qcb ;hcf + ;a ;c

Vice's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
- (shown in video) Strong version of Mayhem has le
ss lag. If you hit with the edge of it you can do a strong attack as a followup.
- (shown in video) Added a new chain combo D -> D. Only cancellable in HD mode.
- jump CD is faster.
- (shown in video) EX Mayhem has faster startup.
- (shown in video) Strong version of Decide can be comboed into the Strong version of Mayhem.
- EX Deicide has less lag and is easier to followup with normal attacks.
- (shown in video) Splash (including the followup version) can be super cancelled into Overkill AFTER it hits.
- (shown in video) Overkill can be MAX Cancelled.
- Overkill’s command has been made easier. If the last input is in any downward direction it will register.
- Damage adjustments:
* Her f+A (when cancelled) does 45 damage (down from 70)
* Her Overkill does 200 damage (down from 220)
* Her EX Mayhem does 120 damage (down from 160)

Producer Yamamoto says: She’s received a number of damage nerfs, but in exchange she has a lot more combo opportunities making the nerfs not so noticeable. Her air game has especially improved with her jump CD, EX Decide can be used afterwards to follow up.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:33:41 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Vice (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:39 AM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:16:50 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:46 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:34:47 PM by nilcam »

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 03:09:16 AM »
hmm k I just started using Vice not too long ago and have a few questions:

- Best pokes? I've been using c.B, s.C, CD and deicide, and occasional max range Mayhem works sometimes as well but against some characters thats just asking for pain.

-what do u anti-air with? EX deicide works at a distance and hop D is ok against telegraphed shit, but what if theyre jumping at me? is there something i can do or is blocking my only option?

-whats some good blockstrings to use?

-some non-meter consuming followups for EX Deicide (i know u can do s.D f.A xx Mayhem then jab EX deicide)?
best followup for D deicide?
can you combo into D deicide (outside of mayhem DC)?
 can you combo anything out of B deicide (other than Gorefest and her Grab DM)?

-whats the difference between regular and EX Gorefest? just more damage? can u combo out of the EX?

-how do u guys utilize Splash or is it useless outside of punishing bad fireballs? i'm thinking there's a way to use it mid-blockstrings or as a reset mid-combos but idk how to set it up (if it is possible).

- Any advice for a new Vice player ^^ ?

Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

The Villain

• New Challenger
  • XBL- Kill To Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:48:48 PM »
Can we get a list of Vice players and their footage? Im Curious to see the different playstyles for her

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:50 PM »
hmm k I just started using Vice not too long ago and have a few questions:

- Best pokes? I've been using c.B, s.C, CD and deicide, and occasional max range Mayhem works sometimes as well but against some characters thats just asking for pain.

-what do u anti-air with? EX deicide works at a distance and hop D is ok against telegraphed shit, but what if theyre jumping at me? is there something i can do or is blocking my only option?

I'm not much of a Vice player, but based only on my experience fighting her, I highly recommend j.CD as both an AA and a poke. It has amazing speed and range. It beats just about anything I've ever tried against it.

-whats some good blockstrings to use?

I think ending a blockstring with B Deicide is your safest option.

-some non-meter consuming followups for EX Deicide (i know u can do s.D f.A xx Mayhem then jab EX deicide)?
best followup for D deicide?
can you combo into D deicide (outside of mayhem DC)?
 can you combo anything out of B deicide (other than Gorefest and her Grab DM)?

B Deicide is only +1 on block (I think), so the only possible follow-ups are one-frame grabs like Gorefest and her DM.

D Deicide can be followed up with Mayhem, but it's too slow to combo into outside of DCs.

EX Deicide can be followed up with normals.

And I believe her most damaging non-meter combo is cl.D, f+A, qcb+C -> qcf+P.

-whats the difference between regular and EX Gorefest? just more damage? can u combo out of the EX?

Just more damage and range. Some moves that are normally "safe" against Vice's grabs because of the pushback can be punished with the EX version.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »

Stand B is a good one as well, long range, and can combo into A Mayhem at full range (which is suprising), or even Gorefest, if you're slightly close. Especially the EX version.

Random Note: Remember, she can get EX Deicide off Crouch D sweep. So keep that in mind! Especially since she's one of those people who cannot cancel her far D or C into anything...

-what do u anti-air with?

Neutral Hop/Jump D and B are OK too, since the attack box is so far away from her body. Her close D also does a good job for people trying to jump ofer you, as she has her leg kicked almost straight up at one point. It's not the best AA, but it's actually better than I'd initially expect.

Oh yeah, and there's Overkill. Good if you can predict their movement!

EX Gorefest has some of the greatest grab range in the game. You won't see it used often because people would generally wanna save her meter for those Deicides, but if you have the reaction for it, you can catch people unaware from much further than they'd expect. You can grab them from the full range of a crouch B, and almost full range of a stand B, for 196 damage. For that kinda range and damage, it's like a nice Mini DM, and sets up a good closer-to-corner knockdown situation for you.

-how do u guys utilize Splash or is it useless outside of punishing bad fireballs? i'm thinking there's a way to use it mid-blockstrings or as a reset mid-combos but idk how to set it up (if it is possible).

EX Splash is stupid-fast. If a person stays on the ground for any amount of time after it starts up, they've now been slammed. It's a little under half screen range, but remember, it can be super-canceled into Overkill, for a very solid, EXDM-like 340 damage. (270 with normal splash into Overkill, which is also nothing to sneeze at! That's 9 more points than her Close D, f+A, C Mayhem->Splash Followup...)

-----

One more note: Dokken (her overhead) Doesn't combo out of weak normals... but it does get the speed of a canceled normal, when used after weak attacks. Thus, you can do a quick 2 hit crouch b, crouch A, then immediately go into Dokken, as an odd form of reset into Mayhem / Gorefest. Of course people could jab out of this, or just block, but it's a nice thing to possibly catch them un-aware, and a psuedo-blockstring, as they don't even have enough time to jump between the crouch A into Dokken. If they DO try to jump, they get hit, and you get a free combo!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:00:21 PM by SAB-CA »

Braver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »
Can anyone post good Vice matches? I've been losing a lot with her and want to see how other usually win with her?

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:12:28 AM »
Can we get a list of Vice players and their footage? Im Curious to see the different playstyles for her
Most of these are from the arcade version. I meant to post these days ago for you but been busy with work.

Almost and OCV, you can check for the rest of the matches on tube.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 03:17:46 AM »
Couple more here,

Some others just gonna list.

Vice is in this, Pretty cool Vice mirror match at the end after 9:49.
http://youtu.be/7UpscJilX0M.

Pretty decent Vice right here. Shes in the first two matches, does much better in the second match.
http://youtu.be/eBnRDANZGW4
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:38:22 PM by BiGGDaddyCane »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 03:19:52 AM »
That all i have atm. If anybody knows anymore fill us in please. =D.

Been too busy to be searching for vids.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
I know there has been a similar 100% console combos like this one posted before, but this is SNKP's version: バイス「マニアックコンボ」改
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:18:01 AM by Kane317 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kokujindayo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
I saw this earlier, I'm not a Vice player but jesus christ that was foolish

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 01:53:54 AM »
lovely.
I cant seem to get my head around that C mayhem into st.a. Is it dependent on the distance from the corner?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1