Author Topic: Vice (Console)  (Read 58485 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Vice (Console)
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »
Also, how is that possible to combo Mayhem C after D Decide but not cl.D after D Decide ? Is that a cancel of Decide's recovery frames by a special move without using drive ?

The D Decide is free cancelable into the C Mayhem, kinda like Chin and Billy can free cancel (i.e. without using drive) some special moves into others.

The B and D Decides don't put Vice at a significant frame advantage which is why you sort of link the command throw or super after them (which combo because they have just 1 frame startup). EX Decide on the other hand does put her at a significant enough advantage to be able to combo with sC, sD etc.

Its a balancing act basically, if you could combo normally after a non ex Decide then she would have an infinite. She can do it now but only as long as she has meter.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:22:31 PM by Diavle »

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 01:21:50 AM »
I just figured out recently that Vice's neomax after her Overkill DM can have the input be done either way due to Vice being directly above the opponent during Overkill. This might have some use in matches as it allows you to choose which side you want to go to. Not sure if this is old news or not though.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
I just want to say I've been having a lot of fun with Vice's blockstrings in this game.  She has so many interesting things to challenge the opponent with.

Her trip can be cancelled into her command normal which can then be cancelled into Deicide for safety or Splash to be mean.  Using Splash against a cornered opponent is so goddamn good if their reactions aren't up to snuff.  Whether or not the A version connects seems to be character and depth specific, but the C version will definitely reach if they're in the corner at the expense of giving them more time to react.  Still, if you're against a character where the A version works and they don't poke her out of it, it's a lot of fun and feels very dirty.

Far as I know Vice is the only character in the game that can end a blockstring with an unguardable hit.  Good times.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
Yeah, she's really fun.

So far I don't get why people insist on saving meter for her HD so often, meterless damage is not bad but anything tagged on at the end scales like crazy. You can get similar or better damage by supercanceling splash whenever the opportunity arises, you also continuously use and build meter this way. You are also building meter mid combo as well, so many times I had my meter finish building just when the Splash followup hits.

EX Splash is so fast, looks very brutal too. The invincibility on it doesn't seem very reliable though, pretty small window.

That string you mention is very solid, makes for a nice frame trap too. I prefer doing it after cr.B x3 instead of sweep though, lets you hit confirm into a combo or transition into the block string if they are blocked.

In terms of pokes I think far s.C is my fave right now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:38:20 PM by Diavle »

Loryuo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
anyone got any tips vs. projectile chars?(ie takuma)

seems like i can't get in a safe way.

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
I don't really like using sweep>f.a because after trying it out the f.a will whiff when you use the sweep at the range you'd normally use it. It can really leave you open. Sweep straight into decide is the way to go imo. I second using cr.b>f.a, as well.

If you want to talk pokes, use far d and learn how amazing that normal is. Hits high as hell, but still touches crouchers.

Vs. projectile chars you just have to learn how to get around each particular fireball and wait them out. If they want to sit back and chuck fire then they'll push them selves in the corner. If they want to push out, just stick your ground, because vice has the tools to be a wall of normals.

Oh, and jokes: sweep>HD>air grab>neomax.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:19:44 PM by konkrete »

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »
anyone got any tips vs. projectile chars?(ie takuma)

seems like i can't get in a safe way.

The best thing to do is wait it out and see if they get impatient in my opinion. Blocking fireballs builds you a ton of meter for negligible chip damage, and you gain significantly more meter than the person throwing the projectile. And if you have meter, all it takes is an anti-air to lead to big damage. As for Takuma's close fireball, you can sweep under it with Vice and cancel into her EX Decide for an anywhere juggle combo. If they insist on staying back and get really predictable with their fireball game, you can do the C version of Splash if you read a fireball coming, and cancel into her Overkill DM.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:04:02 PM by Josh »

NCV

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 02:04:44 AM »
Speaking of tough matchups, I feel like she has a tough time against the other grapplers, who all have much more dominant normals. At times I feel like I have to let them in and guess right because having to close the gap against a Clark or Daimon is brutal at times.

Not sure if it's known, but max damage for 1 meter in hd comes from doing ;d,;d>hd>;d,;d>;c tackle>ex tackle [wait] ;a tackle>;d decide into however many reps you get after that with ;c tackle>;d decide. The timing is a bit hard for that ;a tackle to get down at first, but you just want to wait as much as possible.

Qpunch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »
Would putting her on my team as the second character be advisable?
MBAA: C-Wara, CWLen, C-Aoko, C-VAkiha
KOFXIII: Kula, Vice, Iori, Mai
GG: I-no, A.B.A
Umineko: Eva Beatrice, Lucifer
BB:Hazama
IaMP: Patchouli, Sakuya

NCV

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 01:36:53 AM »
I like her second. For me I like putting her on a team where I can give her a lot of meter and have the anchor play with whatever meter is given. Vice gets damage off a lot of stuff, and doesn't necessarily need drive. The only downside to this is there are not a lot of teams that can fit this dynamic, and makes meter management a little trickier. Putting her on anchor frees up some of that team-building and decision making, but can get you in a bind if you find yourself using too much meter and having to stick in there with Vice alone.

Just don't put her first lol.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »
Been putting time into her and it seems this con from the wiki...

Does not build meter very well

...might be inaccurate. It seems Vice is unique in that her meter building ability resides in her combos.

Not sure who updates her wiki but imo her combos should be divided into damage focused (more damage, less meter build up) or meter focused (build more meter, sacrifice a little damage).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:20:15 AM by Diavle »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Been putting time into her and it seems this con from the wiki...

Does not build meter very well

Not sure who updates her wiki

No one is really focused on her wiki at the moment. You want to help?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
Most already know since it's been on the front page in the past but Vice can combo EX Decide off of regular throw on Athena & Chin. Just figure to put this on the page since it's been awhile someone's posted on here.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2013, 01:01:21 AM »
Omg that's great... One of our top player uses Chin... and this gives huge advantage against him...

Ok sooo I officially picked up Vice... I played her a lot in 98/2k2... However, she lost my favorite move (her qcb+K kicks that chipped) so I didn't feel like playing her... Since I'm originally a grappler, recently I got bored with just pure rush down...  As I can see, her pokes aren't on the same level as my other characters... (Billy/Mai) but she has some really awesome tools and tons of decision and options... Something Billy and specially Mai lacks... I am sure most of this is known but I guess I'll share her strenghs that I find amazing...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »
s.C+D, hcf+D is a true block string and is safe on block... It also combos on counter hit and she can do qcb+C/AC and follow-up with further combo...

From hop she has an instant active + DM > Neomax for 670 damage for 3 meters... This potentially a grab Neomax that does huge damage for being done raw... Also her Neomax hits full screen and from behind her and does 560 damage on counter hit... Since she can also turn virtually anything into an HD combo, if she ever has 3 meters and full HD then you literally should fear her existence on the screen...

Also I'm practicing linking s.A consistently after qcb+C as it greatly increases her damage output with spending just 1 meter... From a j.C she gets 448 damage mid-screen which is really high...

Also I got a 100% reset with her today from a cross-up j.B into HD into hcf+B and them blocking and eating DM > Neomax... I believe her tick > HD > grab DM > Neomax is rather strong and should be utilized more...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:31:02 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!