Author Topic: Mature (Console)  (Read 57310 times)

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Mature (Console)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
I can't stress this enough but please abuse st.D. It's such a unused move of Matures for both stopping short hops, jumps, people jumping out of corners, etc. Does good at stuffing a few ground buttons too.

This normal has made my Mature more of an ass to deal with because people can't jump around all willy nilly and have to respect her ground pressure even more.

I agree, cr.c also does okay at stopping hop/jump pressure when you are in the corner.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:01:25 PM by Terrastorm »

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »
I can't stress this enough but please abuse st.D. It's such a unused move of Matures for both stopping short hops, jumps, people jumping out of corners, etc. Does good at stuffing a few ground buttons too.

This normal has made my Mature more of an ass to deal with because people can't jump around all willy nilly and have to respect her ground pressure even more.

I agree, cr.c also does okay at stopping hop/jump pressure when you are in the corner.

I actually like cr. C when I face characters with great vertical vertical/horizontal hitboxes in the air. It's going to lose to things like Iori's hopping C, but if cr.C loses to it, so will st.D.

I always think of st.D as something used when you read an opponent. But this is me assuming we're talking about FAR st.D. It's a great spacing tool, and it almost always put you in a better position than the opponent. But I always prefer cr.C simply cause it places me in a better advantage if I happen to anti-air.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2013, 02:52:05 AM »

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »

I love how 1) Finally someone replies to this thread and 2) They reply with a godlike video on my birthday!

Mature <3

I've actually been trying real hard to find some resets myself. I do feel like that's really the direction Mature should be going; screwing with people's heads as much as humanly possible. The more I play her, the more I realize that she forces people to hang themselves slowly, and then the fun begins.

There's also a sick mixup for Mature after her Heaven's Gate (a move I feel we need more tech with). I know there's a 4-frame safe jump setup after it, but you can do an ambiguous crossup with the A-Version Despair. The setup I've been screwing with today is, after Heaven's Gate, wait just a small moment, whiff one rekka, then go into Despair. Depending on your timing for the Rekka whiff, they have to guess back or front. Reversal DPs do beat this out, but the timing is so strict to reversal the potential crossup or non-crossup that I think it can scare people enough to not press a button and just try to block.

I think I'll dedicate the time to figure out better setups after Heaven's Gate this week. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, so if I find anything, I'd have to type it out and end it with a, "IT LOOKS COOL. I PROMISE."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:54:32 AM by FullMetal »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2013, 03:26:35 AM »

There's also a sick mixup for Mature after her Heaven's Gate (a move I feel we need more tech with). I know there's a 4-frame safe jump setup after it, but you can do an ambiguous crossup with the A-Version Despair. The setup I've been screwing with today is, after Heaven's Gate, wait just a small moment, whiff one rekka, then go into Despair. Depending on your timing for the Rekka whiff, they have to guess back or front. Reversal DPs do beat this out, but the timing is so strict to reversal the potential crossup or non-crossup that I think it can scare people enough to not press a button and just try to block.

Sup man, I just tried this and it's a pretty cool set-up and I'm glad you enjoy the video that was posted. I'm learning a bit of Mature myself after getting rocked by Chris G at UFGT9 and I'm feeling her so far. I gotta play some offline matches with her soon and see how I do with her.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
Sup man, I just tried this and it's a pretty cool set-up and I'm glad you enjoy the video that was posted. I'm learning a bit of Mature myself after getting rocked by Chris G at UFGT9 and I'm feeling her so far. I gotta play some offline matches with her soon and see how I do with her.

What's good, brother. Yeah, Mature is really fun! She has her fair share of BS stuff, but compared to the top tiers it's not as bad as people feel it is, haha. Funny I should say that, cause when Chris picked up Mature last year and I asked him why, he said his team wasn't cheap enough!

I also found a pretty cool ambiguous crossup setup tonight for her. It's on a Counter-Hit and it needs the opponent to safe fall, but I think it's insanely good if you're not going for damage and instead looking to lock the opponent down or keep a good range.

I don't have a capture card, so the quality is disgusting. If anyone wants to re-record it, it's fine. I don't think anyone's shown this setup, so here it is. Have fun!

-FM Sway

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 07:54:40 AM »
I ALWAYS use heaven's gate honestly for Mature. Neomax is pretty situational and I am not a fan of her other super unless it's to punish unsafe shit people don't know or pay attention to. (such as badly spaced Andy elbow.) But even then, it has to be EXed.

What I love about heaven's gate is that startup has invincibility (the frames before she starts moving/she's hugging herself.) so for people who don't know or untrue blockstrings (Kensou cr.d>fireball for example.) screams a free punish and corner carry. This is also her only hard knockdown move.

the great thing about this that I don't see anyone doing besides me is that she gets a free mixup with ebony's tears. After Heaven's gate, backdash once, buffer Ebony's tears during the backdash, and let that fat fireball rip.

If you do the  ;c version, it's a meaty that they have to block or guard roll. If they guard roll, Mature recovers quick enough to do whatever she wants for a punish. They block and it's free pressure. Be careful on who you do this on. People with EX invincibile supers (claw iori, AoF cast, Shen) can blow this up if their timing is good.

If you do the  ;a version, it's more of a fakeout really since it travels really slow and will catch people off guard.

I haven't fooled around with it more but this super is really underrated at times. Mature wants to mix people up yes, but she shines so well in the corner due to her buttons. (respectively  ;b for whiff pokes,  ;d for stopping opponents from jumping.)

Katanako-kun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • fighting.ru
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
hi guys
framedata plz?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:33:05 PM by Katanako-kun »
King/Vice/Kim

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »
hi guys
framedata plz?

Here:Mature

You can find that table in the tutorials section on the front page.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »
...I am not a fan of her other super unless it's to punish unsafe shit people don't know or pay attention to. (such as badly spaced Andy elbow.) But even then, it has to be EXed.

But Noturnal Rites is so cool-sounding :3

It does more damage, doesn't it? st.  ;c xx EX Metal Massacre -> st.  ;c xx Nocturnal Rites does around 500, i think.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »
I saw Thiago use the Nocturnal super at Treta last weekend. Well, most importantly the EX one.

I'm convinced that if you just want raw damage for no cost of Drive Meter, just do st.;b or st. ;c to EX Nocturnal. It did a heck of a lot of damage!

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2013, 01:55:10 AM »
Nocturnal Rites has some unscaled hits, right? I know for sure the EX version does. It's just hard to land those unscaled hits if your opponent's in the air.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »
Nocturnal Rites has some unscaled hits, right? I know for sure the EX version does. It's just hard to land those unscaled hits if your opponent's in the air.

If I recall, only the level 1 version has an unscaled 100 damage at the end. The last 3 hits of the level 2 Nocturnal do get scaled, or are already at a fixed 30-60.

Regardless, doing it raw from a normal with no drive meter used makes the move very powerful, at least level 2 does. BUT, for the same amount of meter, I think you can do double st.;c to EX Metal Massacre link instead to push the damage higher, but of course, the link is harder. Not even Thiago could get it consistently during the pressures of tournament play.

So again, just cancelling to level 2 off a normal has the benefits of instant damage with ease of use. I for one want to use it but I'm too stubborn and want to do the fancy combos ~__~

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
i'm at the point of saying do whichever you feel more comfortable with. I like cl. ;c to EX rekkas Drive cancel links. she builds enough meter and gets enough damage off it that i'm fine wasting 1 bar and half of DC bar.

One thing i'm getting pretty tired of seeing is people not punishing the light version of hcb+ ;b. People are letting Chris G get away with free chip and guard chip meter.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »