Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Console)  (Read 64964 times)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones (Console)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
I feel as if there's less you can do with it now that it doesn't do a bunch of hits. His other options are way better for combos. I use it as a surprise tactic sometimes as the move allows you to cancel normally uncancellable normals.

For example, far s.C (which brings you closer to the opponent during the attack) can be cancelled and comboed into vulcan. Can't juggle after even though you can DC out. EX though gives you the multiple juggle and let's you follow up after and if you do s.C, EX vulcan, [SC]mount vulcan super in the corner. That's 523 dmg which isn't too shabby, but the downside is 2 stk 1 drv and most important, no confirm.

Honestly I can't find a ton of utility for the move.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »
most people go for more damage when it comes 2 ralf and normal valcan only does 1 hit and they can do a quick get up. so just like lookin at the move by itself its really not a useful not even as a anti air its sad really

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
I don't see any US Ralf doing it (seeing NKO now) so just in case I'm saying it here use and abuse of instant overhead hop D. Seriously this move is awful, especially against charge characters. The hop comes out too fast it's like a free 70Dmg once in a while. and then your opponent is trying to guard it you have a free mixup on your lows.

It's just awful for your opponent.

Plus it's near unpunishable (since your opponent is guarding low for a d.B, the reaction time is really short to hit you while jumping)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:10:57 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
^That is some good info. Ralf's an occasional sub for me and was looking for more tech - very nice, very nice.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
I don't see any US Ralf doing it (seeing NKO now) so just in case I'm saying it here use and abuse of instant overhead hop D. Seriously this move is awful, especially against charge characters. The hop comes out too fast it's like a free 70Dmg once in a while. and then your opponent is trying to guard it you have a free mixup on your lows.

It's just awful for your opponent.

Plus it's near unpunishable (since your opponent is guarding low for a d.B, the reaction time is really short to hit you while jumping)

Felix/Fixel does this a lot actually. He'll actually do it after doing st.C, df+A, qcf+C a bit more than just a naked hop D to keep you stuck in blockstun. As an instant overhead, it's not bad, but if you want to do that off a knockdown, you might as well meaty a j.A into his Dynamite Drop. You can beat the above tactic by doing an invulnerable DP though.

Xan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »
Couple of Ralf corner combos.

[1 meter, 1 drive] j.C st.D qcf+C st.C (AC)x4 dc qcb+C qcb+A b~f+A b~f+A st.C (611dmg,73stun)
[2 meter, 1 drive] j.C st.D qcf+C st.C (AC)x4 dc qcb+C qcb+A qcbhcf+K (699dmg,45stun)

More likely to start off with a different jump in and cr.B st.C or st.C df.A etc. in a match but I still think they're worth it.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »
Hey Xan, excellent mileage on that 1|1 combo.

Would you like to post those and any others that fit the bill on the 50% thread?

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0

Good stuff...

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 04:10:36 AM »

[1 meter, 1 drive] j.C st.D qcf+C st.C (AC)x4 dc qcb+C qcb+A b~f+A b~f+A st.C (611dmg,73stun)
[2 meter, 1 drive] j.C st.D qcf+C st.C (AC)x4 dc qcb+C qcb+A qcbhcf+K (699dmg,45stun)

More likely to start off with a different jump in and cr.B st.C or st.C df.A etc. in a match but I still think they're worth it.

i did alot of experimenting with his ex valcan punch and was only successful a few times online. i kinda wish i only had to mash 3x instead of 4x that really bothers me.

good combos

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »
K i dropped Karate... Fuck top-tiers... Using Mai and Billy as usual... Picking up Ryo and Ralf (again)... For Ralf i only wish that he had his anti-air d~u+A from XI... It's really annoying dealing with Kyo's stupid d+C pressure with no anti-air...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 09:51:23 PM »
K i dropped Karate... Fuck top-tiers... Using Mai and Billy as usual... Picking up Ryo and Ralf (again)... For Ralf i only wish that he had his anti-air d~u+A from XI... It's really annoying dealing with Kyo's stupid d+C pressure with no anti-air...
lol you shouldnt have never left him in the first place. i found the best another way to deal with nagis  ;dn ;c im starting to use  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a its really risky but it do work seeing how is hurt box is a little lower but like i said its really risky

-------

wait wait wait the best way to deal wit nagis  ;dn ;c is with valcan punch or ex volcano im not sure but i do think ex volcano has upper invincibility.... 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:27:39 PM by bigvador »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 04:16:57 AM »
No... The only way u can deal with it safely is s.A... Thats only when he is close... When he is far i'll just far s.C/D... EX Hammer is a no no on Kyo's d+C... He can get auto-guarded and still block... Only thing you can do is be patient...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 05:51:32 AM »
im just throwin out stuff i done that work EX  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c does work for sure and i never said ex hammer i hate that his jet upper is dam near useless since the start up frames is slow

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
jet upper should be upper body invincible... that would be awesome... oh well... he is still decent minus the anti-air...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 08:17:30 AM »
with the start up being kinda slow i dont know if it would matter as much..... in all honesty i can only say hes decent because he has huge combo ability but personally i prefer the old ralf he had it all..... dam near unstoppable

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:23 PM »
so umm.. is there any use for EX slide punch (b~ f+ AC) and EX rapidpunch (mash AC)?
Are they at all invincible? or fast? or.. something lol.
Seems theyre just there just because they had to add an EX version for the moves -_-
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice