Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Console)  (Read 64983 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
Aside from El Rosa, who else has a killer Ralf to watch?

Oogoosho, best ralph in the world probably (he uses ralph and rapes like arcade top k players).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 12:11:34 AM »
For anyone needing help with Ralf trial

King of Fighters XIII - Trial Mode : Ralf Jones

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 11:54:44 PM »
thanks Musolini.

I cant seem to find any videos of him, can somebody send a link or two to his vids please?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:33:20 PM by C 3 »

luminair

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »

On another note... Ralf should generally NEVER Drive Cancel besides 2 occasions...

- If he caught someone with a raw b~f+A or b~f+C...

- If he wants to DC from b~f+C into EX Galactica Phantom *charge lvl 2*

Every one of his combos are better off finishing either meter less or with Bareback Vulcan... You NEVER want to do an uncharged EX Galactica Phantom in a combo... Because Bareback Vulcan will give you the SAME damage with 1 less meter... Ralf has such easy ass hit confirms that if he were to spend drive meter he should just rather do an HD combo...

I completely agree with you, although hitting with a raw b~f C is kinda rare, only done for far punishes, I wouldn't drive cancel that unless you got the opponent in the corner. He builds meter strongly, so I find his most effective position being battery. I like doing his HD combos though since they are so easy once you get the timing down and so flashy to boot

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
Combos for one drive, one meter. Whattya got?

;c;df ;a xx  ;c Hammer,  ;a Gatling [dc] EX Hammer,  ;c Hammer,  ;c Gattling.

I've taken to this combo because it's almost meter positive, ending up with ~75% for a little more damage than just canceling into a super after the  ;a Gatling, iirc (I'm at work trying to remember the testing I did earlier).

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
Thanks for posting that. Was looking for other uses for EX Hammer other than for it's priority. Good to know that you can generate this much meter.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 05:15:27 AM »
Whats the point of being able to DC Blitzkrieg Punch into ex Blitzkrieg Punch if it doesn't connect :/

Any way or setup to maximize damage off the ex galactica phantom?

Hope you guys are abusing his HD bypass.

Combos for one drive, one meter. Whattya got?

;c,  ;df ;a xx  ;c Hammer,  ;a Gatling [dc] EX Hammer,  ;c Hammer,  ;c Gattling.

I've taken to this combo because it's almost meter positive, ending up with ~75% for a little more damage than just canceling into a super after the  ;a Gatling, iirc (I'm at work trying to remember the testing I did earlier).

Thanks, will try.

EDIT: Tried it, loved it, stole it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:41:34 AM by Diavle »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »
Did anyone notice that Ralf runs faster than Clark? Clark takes 5-6 steps to cover the whole stage... Ralf does it in 3 steps... Ralf's far s.C is also faster than Clark's...

@Diavle -

- Ralf doesn't need HD bypass... He can easily hit confirm every time into his HD combo...

- Ralf should never really use EX Galactica Phantom in combos... It's only good for punishing... One cool trick is the "start-up" is "invincible" and "then" he has "auto-guard"... He is invincible for a short period of time even if you "hold" the EX DM... You can use this to charge the EX DM up to level 2 where it gives you "380 dmg"... You'll be able to punish moves that have a long lag with this method...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 06:14:20 AM »
Thanks for the ex phantom tip, will use.

As for HD bypass, why wouldn't I use it? Fish for it with close standing C, cancel on the second hit into the kick super and then neomax. Piss easy and almost 75% damage. Can also be done off of a far standing C and D.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
Why would you ever do that when you can just do s.C *1 hit*, qcf+C... Then just hit confirm that into cr.C, HD... Off of far s.C or far s.D you only wanna activate HD if you are certain that it'll connect... Ralf isn't a grappler so he can't do tick HD grab combos... Piss easy HD combos are only for beginners... Ralf can do 70% HD combos with just 1 meter... So that should be your goal...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »
Yeah you do that expert stuff of yours, I'll stick to my piss easy, low risk, high reward combo. Thx.

Also, there is a  lot stuff that can be punished by a far standing C or D so hit confirming is not an issue.

Anyway, after a quite few matches yesterday I can safely say that Ralf is a beast of a character in this game. Builds meter like a mofo, hit confirms up the wazoo, great damage off minimal meter. He also pretty much laughs in the face of fireball whores. But most of all, he's fun as heck to play as.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »
Thanks for the ex phantom tip, will use.

As for HD bypass, why wouldn't I use it? Fish for it with close standing C, cancel on the second hit into the kick super and then neomax. Piss easy and almost 75% damage. Can also be done off of a far standing C and D.
i use the HD bypass cause of the online st D df A HD bypass qcf C........ makes things alot easier when u play some one with a bad connection

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
Yeah you do that expert stuff of yours, I'll stick to my piss easy, low risk, high reward combo. Thx.

Also, there is a  lot stuff that can be punished by a far standing C or D so hit confirming is not an issue.

Anyway, after a quite few matches yesterday I can safely say that Ralf is a beast of a character in this game. Builds meter like a mofo, hit confirms up the wazoo, great damage off minimal meter. He also pretty much laughs in the face of fireball whores. But most of all, he's fun as heck to play as.
I wasn't trying to sound rude... Ralf is mostly used as a battery... So blowing all your meter isn't usually my way of playing him... I'll usually only spend up to 1 (2 if it will kill) meter and 1 drive most in the 1st round for 1 combo... Only go for HD combos in the 2nd round onward which I'll try to spend no more than 2 meters...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 12:13:10 AM »

I wasn't trying to sound rude... Ralf is mostly used as a battery... So blowing all your meter isn't usually my way of playing him... I'll usually only spend up to 1 (2 if it will kill) meter and 1 drive most in the 1st round for 1 combo... Only go for HD combos in the 2nd round onward which I'll try to spend no more than 2 meters...
man u sure do know ur ralf i would like 2 play you if you dont mind

any hoo what would u recommend for a combo out of the corner with 2 stocks and half a bar

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »
Air qcf+P seems to be very useful, pretty safe and has a deceptively long range. Gonna try the EX version more, want to see how useful its invincibility is.

Yeah, sorry, I know what you mean but I don't think easy 75% damage is anything to scoff at just because you can get more for less meter but for a lot more effort and room for error.

I also don't believe in using the first character strictly as a battery, especially Ralf who can dish out very good damage. Prefer to have a team and style of play where each character can play and survive fine with or without meter.