Author Topic: Clark Still (Console)  (Read 84430 times)

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still (Console)
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »
I mean is there any indicator as to which side to block/attack/escape when he starts running, seems like it is to negligible to determine by sight. I'm talking about the ambiguous roll after the SAB.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
I mean is there any indicator as to which side to block/attack/escape when he starts running, seems like it is to negligible to determine by sight. I'm talking about the ambiguous roll after the SAB.

You have to watch when he rolls.  There's a certain distance he has to dash before his roll will be behind the opponent, but if you're not used to it, it's definitely hard to tell (it helps coz I use Clark myself).

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 03:42:21 AM »
ok as long as it's discernable if you "practice" watching how far he runs (before he rolls) so you get used to it. Will hit the practice mode with this.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
ok as long as it's discernable if you "practice" watching how far he runs (before he rolls) so you get used to it. Will hit the practice mode with this.

Yeah not hard once you try it a few times. 

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »
I think really advanced players might deceive you if you try to do this. So be really careful.
Because if you run your forward roll go further, thus you can run touch backward then forward roll and you will expect a cross up (if you're use to run forward roll range) and it is not ... because the non running roll has less range.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:55:56 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2012, 12:49:27 AM »
Dat oki

DAT OKI

Watch from 4 mins (or the whole thing if you want)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tLdLCWQpoU#t=4m

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »
Wow, pretty sure this is new as I've never seen anyone do it before (16:24):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qDvTFlMlkcA#t=984s

The, very solid, Clark player does a sweet corner DC combo and ends it with an air throw... but not before he does a j.D first. He jumps again after the j.D and is able to land the throw for the full combo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:45:35 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
Wow, pretty sure this is new as I've never seen anyone do it before (16:24):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qDvTFlMlkcA#t=984s

The, very solid, Clark player does a sweet corner DC combo and ends it with an air throw... but not before he does a j.D first. He jumps again after the j.D and is able to land the throw for the full combo.

Seems like they brought it back from v1.0.  In v1.0 I remember that you could do A Gatling x2, j.D, air throw and I only managed to do it ONCE and I could never replicate it again.  I was almost sure they took it out in v1.1 and I'm glad it's back.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:55:21 PM by Kane317 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvTFlMlkcA&feature=player_embedded#!

16:25

Some very interesting tech, Dandy J I think was the first to show that combo. Now I gotta' try that shit. How did he get that throw at the end?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:52:22 PM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
Seems like they brought it back from v1.0.  In v1.0 I remember that you could do A Gatling x2, j.D, air throw and I only managed to do it ONCE and I could never replicate it again.  I was almost sure they took it out in v1.1 and I'm glad it's back.

Damn, and he did it in tournament like it was nothing. Respect.

The guy was winning a lot so he stayed on a while, his Clark was very enjoyable to watch. Probably one of the most combo heavy Clarks I've seen yet I think.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:47:02 PM by Diavle »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2012, 06:28:33 PM »
What is the timing on getting that jumping Grab at the end?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
I dunno, I couldn't replicate it.  I tried desperately trying to translate the Japanese BBS back in the day but I couldn't find any real explanation.  All I can see is that in the video is he does a vertical jump D instead of a diagonal one (and I know I did it diagonal the time I got it in the arcades).

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »
As far as i know it's character specific, it works only on Iori Vice and some other char ...
And it was on 1.1 too, Kane ask frionel on twitter he has more info I guess.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
In regards to Toryuken this weekened (road to EVO tourney held in Toronto, Canada), the most used character was easily regular Kyo. No Mr. Karate in sight from the Canadian players, only one using him was Justin Wong iirc.

Again, I don't get why Clark and Billy are rated fairly low. Billy is really easy to use and can zone out a majority of the cast. And Clark has tons of tools available to him and works on any point.

With regards to Clark I think its just Bala clouding our judgement, aside from him there's no other Clark performing well in tournament, consistently or at all usually.

Only seen one good Clark from Japan and that's about it.

Yeah as a tournament Clark player I slowly realized he really has some bad matchups.  Basically anyone that can shut him down air-to-air like Iori, Kyo, Vice etc...gives him a hard ass time.  His only true anti-air is his air throw which you can't get off if they beat you air-to-air, and his console Ex Gatling is way too risky to go for as it doesn't juggle correctly a lot of times and not worth the risk/reward (much better against grounded opponents but still risky).

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »
I would argue that there's not enough people using Clark. As for me I always keep a charge ready if they try to Hadou me, his EX is really good at blowing up zoning. As for air-to-air I think short hop B and neutral D are good against Beni, Kyo, Iori, and Billy. If they're being really aggressive and jumping in, he has the tools to get them off, his st.A is good for that, st.C and A Gatling can do it at certain distances too.

The game is young, but I reject that's he's relatively low because of some bad matchups.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:30:50 PM by LouisCipher »