Author Topic: New player from Toronto  (Read 1189 times)

Illin_Fo_A_Killin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New player from Toronto
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new around here and I'm from the Greater Toronto Area. I come from a SF background, but I've never played any of the KoF series before. I decided to buy KoF XIII yesterday because it just looked awesome, I was hearing good things about it, and to be honest there's no huge comeback mechanics in this game which is pretty refreshing lately.

I'm trying to figure out how this game works, and what characters I want on my team, but for now I'm just trying to get used to this game works in general. After I get more of a hang of this game I plan on entering as many tournaments around here as I can. If anybody is down to play, and to put up with me for a bit while I learn haha, my xbl is illinfoakillin.

Nice meeting everybody!

Illin

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: New player from Toronto
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:06:04 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel Illin_Fo_A_Killin, it's a pleasure to meet you and I know that there are several other Toronto area players on here that you could possibly meet up with.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »
Welcome, Illin!

I'm happy to hear you like XIII precisely because of its lack of comeback mechanics. I have a feeling a lot of casual fighting fans will never be able to get into the series because they'll lose their first two characters and give up.

Good luck forming a team and (especially) getting a feel for KOF. It can take a while, but it's so worth it.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »
Welcome!!

Yep, amongst other things, have heard a lot of players praise KOF for NOT having ridiculous comeback mechanisms. The closest thing the console version has to that is more meter gain by those being punished, but to date have not heard anyone complain (me included) ;)

There are methods and characters that can be chosen for not building the opponent's meter so this becomes firmly footed in the strategy dept. and broadens the scope of play.

Great to hear that you intend to participate in tourneys!