Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97699 times)

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 03:58:24 AM »
Do you mean X-Calibur super cancel V slasher?

If it's this just do qcb.P qcf hcb.P, there is no shortcut or whatever else, just a bit of training.

I did it with something like TK LP(IOH), hcb but only to down-back + LP, back + LP.  That's what the inputs looked like the first time.  And it combo'ed into instant overhead j.A, X-Calibur, V-Slasher.

I'll play with it some more, I figure it's either a) some weird shortcut that I need to figure out, or b) I gained enough meter for V-Slasher after X-Calibur hit that the Super just fired off.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 04:40:42 AM »
personally i use meter only for hd too but if in corner i go in with a xcalibur C i consider to use them for moonslasher grand saber x2 and dm.it was just a consideration from the close D openings which of course can lead to hd activation or some bypass hd activation too

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 11:05:55 AM »
b) I gained enough meter for V-Slasher after X-Calibur hit that the Super just fired off.
I think it was just that.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:38:34 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

luminair

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 03:49:38 AM »
The straight up jump  ;d is really good. I think its the only move that has like no start up frames. You can instant overhead with it the only problem is that it has very small horizontal reach, so its use is limited outside of the corner or of a very good read. I don't know if there are any hard knockdowns in this game where your opponent isn't able to choose okizeme options, so if there is please let me know.

You can instant overhead (  ;up ;d )> hitconfirm into V-Slasher which is a really strong tool because of the damage and inability to react to it. The only thing is that its pretty hard to perform, the commands need to be exact
 ;dn ;df ;fd ;up ;d ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;c

Their is leniency though, you can actually press  ;uf  ;up before leaving the ground and you will still jump straight up as long as you did it fast enough

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 04:07:18 AM »
To me, the IA ;d to V-Slasher is easier in this game than ever before. ANd I believe qcf x2, Up ;d, qcb+P also works for this.

I also love the fact it can hitconfirm ;a X-Calibur.

Gelohk

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 03:19:22 AM »
Sorry if this is a very noobish question, but how do you time standing normals before Moon Slasher?  I know this is an old SF technique but I never played much Guile. :)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »
Basically, in the time it takes you to go from "down" to "up", during that neutral period, you need to chain a hit in. I often do it by mistake with Leona's Standing A while doing moon slashers from crouch B, A. Since I do "Up-back" for basically all moonslashers now, sometimes I stop at "back" on the way to upback for a split second, and that gets me a standing normal.

Gelohk

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »
Ok, I will have to give it some more practice to try to feel when to hit that button in between down back and up back.  Thanks for the reply will work on it some more.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
Just got some practice down yesterday with HD bypassed EX V-Slasher (with ABC) to Neomax. Wow, this feels like an absolute godsend. For 4 bars and a full HD meter you can basically threaten to zap 80% of an opponent's life for doing a punishable ground move. It doesn't seem like you can do this air-to-air as well though, unless they're pretty low to the ground on the V-Slasher contact.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 01:35:49 AM »
That's a pretty good tactic Ryujin, somehow I didn't even think about it after all this time, haha. It also doesn't even scale at all, so it does comparable damage to complicated HD combos. Thanks for the discovery! Should be added to her list of potential combos on the Wiki.

Hmmm, I haven't tried it myself, but Maybe she can also Instant Over Head with Neutral Jump D into EX DM into Neomax? Hmmmm...

Leona's so great in this game. Even when she's not on my team, I have other characters colored to look like her, so I don't miss her TOO much... XD

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
That's a pretty good tactic Ryujin, somehow I didn't even think about it after all this time, haha. It also doesn't even scale at all, so it does comparable damage to complicated HD combos. Thanks for the discovery! Should be added to her list of potential combos on the Wiki.

Hmmm, I haven't tried it myself, but Maybe she can also Instant Over Head with Neutral Jump D into EX DM into Neomax? Hmmmm...

Leona's so great in this game. Even when she's not on my team, I have other characters colored to look like her, so I don't miss her TOO much... XD

Hey thanks, I can't take full credit for that though - the idea was already in the wiki, I just thought "hey what if I could activate the HD at the same time?!? whoaaaaa"

And yeah, I think you could do this off of either the j.A or j.D as well. IIRC j.A gets you about the same damage as blank EX-V-Slasher to Neomax, j.D to the same does around 820.
FB|Twitter

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 05:20:30 PM »
im not sure u can neomax cancel an EX v-slasher in combo. by my experience it doesnt bypass the HD (example if u do c.B f.B ex v-slasher pressing abc u dont bypass the HD and cant neomax cancel)  it must be just a ex v-slasher so i think just as a punishemnt of normals or fireballs or anything who keeps the other close to the ground.dunno if instant overhead is an exception didnt try it
hope im wrong cause this would be huge ! just think being close to the other doing a c.B buffering  ;dn ;df ;fd and then instant overhead into a ex v-slasher ABC and neomax
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:30:26 PM by sociald »

HalfEmpty

• Rising Dragon
  • I shall plague you forever
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »
leona makes me think of this, just another thing I'm trying to feel out about the game... does XIII have any kind of a partitioning system on charges? I was thinking about it when I read you guys posting about delayed moon slashers. it brings me back to sneaking a jab or a short in before a rising flash with Remy in 3S.

----------
keep playing and keep thinking

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
im not sure u can neomax cancel an EX v-slasher in combo. by my experience it doesnt bypass the HD (example if u do c.B f.B ex v-slasher pressing abc u dont bypass the HD and cant neomax cancel)  it must be just a ex v-slasher so i think just as a punishemnt of normals or fireballs or anything who keeps the other close to the ground.dunno if instant overhead is an exception didnt try it
hope im wrong cause this would be huge ! just think being close to the other doing a c.B buffering  ;dn ;df ;fd and then instant overhead into a ex v-slasher ABC and neomax

Hm, ok. I didn't try it off of the cr.B - I'll check the jump-ins again. I might've just been doing the j.A/j.D with HD already activated or something.
FB|Twitter

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
im not sure u can neomax cancel an EX v-slasher in combo. by my experience it doesnt bypass the HD (example if u do c.B f.B ex v-slasher pressing abc u dont bypass the HD and cant neomax cancel)  it must be just a ex v-slasher so i think just as a punishemnt of normals or fireballs or anything who keeps the other close to the ground.dunno if instant overhead is an exception didnt try it
hope im wrong cause this would be huge ! just think being close to the other doing a c.B buffering  ;dn ;df ;fd and then instant overhead into a ex v-slasher ABC and neomax

Hm, ok. I didn't try it off of the cr.B - I'll check the jump-ins again. I might've just been doing the j.A/j.D with HD already activated or something.

just tried now u can only bypass hd on a simple EX v-slasher. on combo or instant overhead it doesnt bypass (i dont understand why ?). ex v-slasher hd neomax 790 damage
please correct me and say it is possible ;)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:51:19 PM by sociald »