Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97660 times)

Libix

• New Challenger
  • PSN: Libix
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »
I'm sorry if this have already been talked about but could not find this on the wiki.
Leonas B version of her run slasher, what is it for? cause it has really bad recovery on block
I'm thinking of picking her up so sorry for noob questions :P

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »
I'm sorry if this have already been talked about but could not find this on the wiki.
Leonas B version of her run slasher, what is it for? cause it has really bad recovery on block
I'm thinking of picking her up so sorry for noob questions :P

I've only seen one use of it after using Cl. ;c and then into her super,since it has a quick start up.

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2013, 05:20:32 AM »
After being in the lab for pass two weeks testing her cr ;d, as an anti-air....I also discover that it could be used to slide under certain projectiles. I came across it in the Saiki match-up thread that she could go under his fireball.

Character Projectiles she can go under: Saiki,Kula,Robert,Ash (I would tested out the timing with this,the tail end of it can still hit you,if it's not timed right), Andy( only the weak version of it), and King(both versions,but you have to time it).

Other characters with aerial projectiles she can't go under,due to her hitbox and the projectiles taking up too much space.

I would limited use this little trick do to fact that it could leave you wide open for a Super or NeoMax if they catch on to what your doing,but it's great way to punish an opponent who uses a fireball up close.

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2013, 01:27:30 PM »
So, what's everyone's preferred HD starter?  After months of missing the last hit of c.B, c.B, s.B for my HD starter because my opponent is just a little bit too far away (and being unable to get an early activation for the dash up off of just c.B, s.B on reaction) I think I need a new starter.  Currently looking at c.B, c.B, c.BC bypass but, for now at least, I get c.B at the bypass instead of c.C a bit too much (accidentally tagging B before C I'd guess), and c.C at the bypass will often whiff if I'm not really close to my target. 

Also what are other players using as an HD corner carry right now?  I'm currently using the one in this video:  Basic Leona Combos KoF XIII
Works pretty well, a meter-less one would be better but the only one I've seen I can't do consistently yet.

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »
My starter is 2B,2B,6B,HD,5D
training is the key if you feel that your 5B is to far, you have to dash manually when you activate HD it's not that hard
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:18:57 AM by baikdizz »

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2013, 03:22:13 AM »
You mean 5.B right? 6.B is the command normal that leaves you in the air so you can't HD there.  Either way though, the problem was never that I can't get the dash up HD activation, it was that while I'm using frame traps, jump ins, or block strings I'll often be too far away for a third hit of B to ever hit unless I started the combo sitting directly on top of them (so c.B, c.B, s.B [whiff] no HD s.D).  Thanks for the reply regardless though, haven't seen any activity on this thread in a while.

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2013, 05:06:08 AM »
^ Have you looked through the Leona Wiki page? The HD combos section has been updated numerous times recently and is still in the process for future updates, so there is a chance you might find an HD combo/starter you'll like.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:09:12 AM by ESB Cancel »
PSN: ESB007

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2013, 05:21:30 AM »
it was 5B my bad 2B,2B,5B,HD,5D or 2C

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2013, 05:46:01 AM »
Maybe we may need to create a list of common hd starts like on Kim and Kyo's wiki?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »
^ I agree, having an HD starter list would be great. But also, I think that adding the description/tactics of each starters afterwards can help players alot as well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:55:43 AM by ESB Cancel »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
^ Ok! Sounds good.

Let's see it happen. Go. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
KoF XIII : Leona Heidern HD combo

Not sure if anyone's familiar with the meter-less carry in that video, but I think I need some help dissecting how to make it work.  I think out of 200+ attempts in the past few days I've successfully done the thing maybe 12 times, and to do that I had to make the second run chop a light one.  Even then I'm really not sure when exactly you have to cancel each run chop or if the objective is just to do everything as fast/early as possible.

I've run into more than a few moments where a meter-less carry that does around 600 damage would have been game changing but so far this thing is looking a bit too difficulty to have as a go to, not to mention if you mess up in the beginning you get a blocked light run chop which is always bad news (you don't have a lot of time to charge either, so canceling to make it safe is pretty tough).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:10:35 AM by sammy5m1th »

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2013, 06:20:08 AM »
@sammy5m1th: ^ Not to take anything away from the first combo in that combo video, but you can just do: far.C, HD, d.C, Moonslash A Should be way easier than two far.C's in a row. Since you would have to charge for the Moonslash A just do d.C instead. Here's a combo you can try out: (2 Meter Version of Near Corner HD Combo # 8 from wiki http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leona_Heidern_%28XIII%29)

NEAR CORNER 2 METERS:
 far.C, HD, d.C, (d~u+A [HDC] b~f+D) x4, d~u+P [HDC] qcb~hcf+AC = 908 dmg

NOTE: This combo doesn't have to be near corner either. (Just makes it easier) It can be also done at the starting position distance at the start of the round or the starting position everytime when you restart the training mode. Hope this helped. Good luck! ;)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:19:08 AM by ESB Cancel »

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »
I've been using a meterless carry from corner to corner for a little while now, the correct charge time took some practice but I'm getting consistency these days.

2x cr.B [HD] cr.C, b~f+B [DC] d~u+C [DC] b~f+D [DC] d~u+C [DC] b~f+D, b~f+A.

From there it varies, generally you want (depending on where you started) d~u+A or C [DC] b~f+B, d~u+A [DC] b~f+C xx Neomax.

If you have more meter replace the first 2 moon slashers with EX versions.

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2013, 04:37:01 AM »
Hey everyone. Im brand new to the KoF series and Im trying to learn Leona. Ive got a lot of fighting game knowledge, just not KoF specific. My fundamentals and execution are pretty good usually. I posted this in the general discussion but figured I would just repost here since its more Leona specific:

" I checked the Leona video thread already but theres only 1 video.....and its of a guard crush. The thing I think im having the hardest time with is knowing what buttons to use, when, and why. I understand this is a fast paced game and all, but it just seems foreign to me right now because it seems like a shit ton of this game is confirming your normals / keeping pressure up by doing a 2 or 3 hit guard string then hopping to keep pressure applied......I really dont understand how Im supposed to be able to do all that while maintaining a charge. It just seems strange to me. Also, other than Leonas cr.B and s.B, I dont know what I should really be using. Her overhead is -7 on block when not cancelled into so its pretty unsafe.....when cancelled into its -4 so its still punishable. I always find myself trying to frametrap with cr.B > cl.st.D, but I dont know if thats legit or not. According to the frame data her cl.st.D is only -2 which (as far as I know) is safe on block. I just dont really know what I should be doing with her I guess. "

If anyone could give me any insight into how to play the game in general, but more specifically Leona, I would be really appreciative.