Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97671 times)

cyberfrasier

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »
Hello,

I'm having trouble comboing into V-Slasher/from Leona's overhead (fwd.b);

cr.b, cr.b, st.b, fwd.b, V-Slasher

Usually, X-Caliber (qcb-A/C) comes out instead. I've tried allowing the stick to return to neutral after the overhead but that results in X-Caliber.

I'm also struggling getting in as Leona. Am I supposed to just hop C/D?
Seems like she's terrible against King, her projectiles come out so quickly.

Any tips?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:38:37 PM by cyberfrasier »

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2013, 11:50:21 PM »
Hello,

Usually, X-Caliber (qcb-A/C) comes out instead. I've tried allowing the stick to return to neutral after the overhead but that results in X-Caliber.

Any tips?

d B, d B, B xx qcf B xx hcb P

cyberfrasier

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2013, 02:29:34 AM »
Got it, thanks. Not sure why I didn't think of that to begin with.

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2013, 06:07:19 PM »
Hello,

Any tips?

You have to play that match up real patiently because King will throw out alot fireballs. The best way to go about getting around the fireballs,from my experience is blocking fireballs and closing the gap and if you have have meter you can use a well timed V-Slasher.

I wouldn't rely too much on using the hop C/D especially if King has meter,because you're asking to get hit with either EX Trap Shot or a Super...so I would suggest trying to bait out those moves, especially on wake-up if you get the knockdown.The whole match-up is based on waiting for the King player to make a mistake during the match and you punishing them for it.....another thing you can do is go into training mode and recreate the scenario to see what you're getting hit by and find ways to get out that situation.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
Hello,

Any tips?

You have to play that match up real patiently because King will throw out alot fireballs. The best way to go about getting around the fireballs,from my experience is blocking fireballs and closing the gap and if you have have meter you can use a well timed V-Slasher.

I wouldn't rely too much on using the hop C/D especially if King has meter,because you're asking to get hit with either EX Trap Shot or a Super...so I would suggest trying to bait out those moves, especially on wake-up if you get the knockdown.The whole match-up is based on waiting for the King player to make a mistake during the match and you punishing them for it.....another thing you can do is go into training mode and recreate the scenario to see what you're getting hit by and find ways to get out that situation.

To add to the knockdown part, if you score a knockdown with the overhead f+B, you can safe jump both of those reversals by doing an immediate hop A after the overhead. Juicebox worked on this on one of his streams.

EDIT: I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere, but it seems that throw, hyperhop A also works as a safejump setup? I might've been doing something wrong, but I couldn't even get XIII Kyo's EX Orochinagi to beat it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:52:52 PM by Ryujin »
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
Use Kim's EX flashkick (3 frame reversal) or Kyo's EX dp (4 frames) to test out safejumps.
Also were you holding the EX orochinagi for a bit? coz its only 2 frames if you hold it for a few frames otherwise its like 9 frames or so.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
Yeah, I was using the fast EX Orochinagi. I tried EX Surprise Rose right before that.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
does anyone knows how to do moon slasher (drive cancel) to ex moon slasher? any tips? thx :)

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »
does anyone knows how to do moon slasher (drive cancel) to ex moon slasher? any tips? thx :)

d~u P xx u AC (within about 3 frames)

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2013, 07:07:42 PM »
@persona thx for the tips, but that move is too hard for me (i want to use it as anti air).
any other tips for leona other great high damage anti air beside is her dm or sdm?
thx.

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »
Well I cannot think of anything other than her d~u P xx d~u AC or d~u P xx b~f D. If the b~f D drags them close enough to the corner you can obviously get a free juggle. For the d~u AC, I just mash it. I get it like 4 times out of 5.

serious

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2013, 03:34:28 AM »
@persona thx for the tips, but that move is too hard for me (i want to use it as anti air).

Just found something cool, I'm sure this is already known but it might be helpful here.  You can hold up for both inputs (so you don't need to return your stick to neutral) and the DC'ed EX moon slasher will still come out.  The timing feels kind of mashable when you don't need to worry about the joystick.

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »

Just found something cool, I'm sure this is already known but it might be helpful here.  You can hold up for both inputs (so you don't need to return your stick to neutral) and the DC'ed EX moon slasher will still come out.  The timing feels kind of mashable when you don't need to worry about the joystick.

Yeah, it's more like a triangle motion,it takes awhile to get used to charge motions.....but once you do it becomes second nature ;).

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
I don't know if this is an issue for any other Leona players out there but it's driving me nuts.

Leona's HD starters feel unnecessarily hard to work with.  If I go for c.B, c.B, s.B, s.HD early confirm starter, the s.B will often be too far away to hit with unless you're standing on them, and trying for it with just c.B, s.B, s.HD will often net me the late confirm. You can't get a s.D late confirm starter so you're stuck with s.C, which is harder to charge for, the second hit (hell, sometimes the whole move) will often whiff, and it will occasionally push them too far out for flash chop to connect.  Going for the d.B, d.B, c.HD late confirm is a lot easier, but you already have to have a charge stored up to get anything.

I've frequently been in situations where a something ambiguous happens and I get a poke in, but can't go for the c.HD late starter because I've lost the charge.  Alternatively, I've also often a bit too far out for the first starter and constantly having to switch between the two isn't doing me much better.  So right now I'm trying to find the best of both worlds and the only answer I've got is to get fast enough to two hit confirm into early HD s.D first time every time.  Anyone got anything better/more practical or is this just a case of choosing a lesser evil?  Better still, does anyone have some crazy way to late confirm in s.D?

Edit:  So you can late cancel into s.D.  If you press B and D at the same time, D takes priority, and if you press B right before C when you late HD, B takes priority.  So press BD and then C and you get a late s.D.  Took me a little while to get it consistent but the range ends up being pretty much the inverse of s.C with the first hit always whiffing and the second one hitting.  Still though, you get more time to confirm with s.D so it's not completely useless, but so far all results are pointing to me needing both starters at all points in the match.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:07:04 PM by sammy5m1th »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2013, 04:21:26 AM »