Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97696 times)

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2013, 08:47:19 AM »
does anyone know of any safejump setups / or practical meaty earring setups?

cydvis

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »
does anyone know of any safejump setups / or practical meaty earring setups?
It's not much but it's what I use:

safe jump: after  ;fd ;b, hop forward + anything is a safe jump.
practical earring setup (not meaty):
 - after  ;b,  ;fd ;b;dn ;db ;bk ;a midscreen, I do B ear ring. You can be punish by quick EX or super projectiles, though.
 - after anti-air moonslasher midscreen, ear ring.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:07:01 PM by cydvis »
reality sucks

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:20 PM »
thanks for the response! is that safejump safe vs things like kims EX flash? Any other safejumps that yall know of? Anything off of cr.D maybe ?  

Also, are the combos that Juicebox lists in his character primer the optimal HD combos for leona? im trying to squeeze as much out of her as possible
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:44:56 AM by The K1 Effect »

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2013, 10:32:25 AM »
Juicebox's combos should be the optimal ones. Thats what he usually does.

as for safejumps, the one cydvis posted and hop foward j.A after a throw are the only 2 i know of.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

cydvis

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »
Also, are the combos that Juicebox lists in his character primer the optimal HD combos for leona? im trying to squeeze as much out of her as possible

Optimal HD combo for leona (from 0 to 2 bars) => The King of Fighters XIII: Leona Optimized HD Combos

You can have a safe jump after an anti-air air super at a specific height but it's not really reliable (unless you've got hours of leona gameplay)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:14:01 PM by cydvis »
reality sucks

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »
thanks guys <3

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2013, 04:24:33 AM »
got another question that I would test myself, but im not at home. is cr.C xx D Grand Saber a legit blockstring, is it a good frametrap, or can people mash normals during it and hit me out? Im curious because I was thinking about doing more cr.B > cr.C xx D Grand Saber > stuff, for pressure / to keep myself in. Also, same question applies for st.CD xx D Grand Saber. Opinions?

Edit: Also, I went back and watched that vid on page 12 of Pikachu.....in the first match he was pressuring kyo in the corner with cr.A xx A Baltic Launcher......is that legit o.O ? For some reason im under the impression that the opponent can stick a normal in there and interrupt the A Ball.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:39:08 AM by The K1 Effect »

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »
It's legit in the since that A launcher hits crouches and if your opponent doesn't hit you they get to deal with it.  It's by no means a block string, although the launcher is active after Leona gets hit so if they're late on the punish it may still hit them.  I suppose you could try and do cr. B, cr. A launcher to push them back and get some space away from shorter normals, but anything that covers that gap (like any rekka) will tag her.

And I'm pretty sure nothing into D grand saber is a block string, my local players got sick of me doing stand CD into D saber and started tossing out whatever they had that was invincible when they see me doing it.  It's not fun getting counter hit by Bionic arm.  Doing cr. C into D saber is kinda the same thing.  Just poked around at it and I could do regular throws, cr. B, and stand C before the saber came out as Ex Iori.  cr. C into Ex saber is a block string though and its positive on block too.  In general though, I don't think D saber is the best tool for keeping yourself in.  A lot of characters have some pretty scary damage off of 3-frame, close C normals and Leona's fastest normal is 4 frames.  Against the characters that don't have that advantage though they've at least also got 4 frame normals so its kind of a game of chicken at that point.

Also, I've seen a few people say you can safe jump with Leona from anything other than her command normal overhead.  That's the only move she has that does an un-techable knockdown so are people just saying that you can safe jump a reversal assuming the opponent does/doesn't tech roll or what?

One more little thing i ran across.  You can do qcf, hcb, b+A/C to do V-slasher right off of the backdash. Not ground breaking by any means but it's nice in certain combos/if you really want to punish something with V-slasher for some odd reason.  
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:32:53 AM by sammy5m1th »

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2013, 09:36:02 AM »
thanks for the response, much appreciated

cydvis

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »
Also, I've seen a few people say you can safe jump with Leona from anything other than her command normal overhead.  That's the only move she has that does an un-techable knockdown so are people just saying that you can safe jump a reversal assuming the opponent does/doesn't tech roll or what?

I'm not sure I understood that question.
I said it's a safe jump because if the opponent does a 3frames-or-more reversal move you can block it and if he doesn't do a reversal the jump can hit him.
reality sucks

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »
I know the command normal f.B overhead gives 3 frame reversal safe jumps, but I've also seen people claim they can safe jump off of Leona's throw, which is very tech-able and your opponent will recover long before you hit the ground if you hop at them.  I'm pretty sure Leona can only safe jump off of that overhead but I've heard people claim she has other setups, that's the stuff I'm curious about.

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:55 AM »
uhh....are you guys sure there arent any safejumps off of VSlasher? Because im almost positive I just found one and idk how it would have gone undiscovered for so long......its basically just VSlasher > immediate hyper hop j.C (delayed). It probably works with any jumping normal, but yeah. I tested it vs XIII Kyo's EX DP and Kim's EX Flash Kick. It worked vs both.

Am I really the first person to post this? Doesnt seem possible considering how simple the setup is......Anyways, yeah. Just trying to contribute.

Also, theres a safejump vs 4f reversals (tested vs XIII Kyo's EX DP) if you end a combo into light X-Calibur. Just hyper hop j.C (delayed). Can only be done in corner since they dont fly away after the XCalibur.

Also, something else I found which is kinda interesting. Its not a safejump, but its a little setup that might yield something.....or not. Idk. Basically I did (in the corner) combo > C XCalibur > Moon Slasher > instant hyper jump j.C. This is how the situations worked out:

vs XIII Kyo's light DP - Leona wins
vs XIII Kyo's heavy DP - Leona wins
vs XIII Kyo's EX DP - Kyo wins.

Also, if they try to delay their DP, or if they move away from the corner AT ALL, it crosses up. That stuff being said, it seems to be timing sensitive regarding when to push j.C. If you time it wrong, light DP will beat you. Also, this doesnt work at all vs Kim or Ash, and im assuming Saiki too.......or any character with a non traditional DP animation. This will almost certainly make Terry's Rising Tackle whiff though, so theres that. Testing should be done to see vs which characters it works and which it doesnt and all that jazz. I might get to it later today, idk.

Opinions?

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »
Hate to say it but none of those safe jumps are real K1.

You can tech all of Leona's knockdowns except the command normal overhead.  So if they roll recover any of those setups they can beat out whatever you're trying to do with anything they want to use.  If your opponent doesn't roll recover then those things work well enough but if they do you're dead in the water.  Next time you load up training mode test out your V-slasher safe jump by having Kim tech/roll recover/quick rise the knockdown if what I'm saying isn't making sense.

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
Ah there it is. I had a feeling I was forgetting something. It was just too easy. Welp, there goes those setups lol

cydvis

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
I know the command normal f.B overhead gives 3 frame reversal safe jumps, but I've also seen people claim they can safe jump off of Leona's throw, which is very tech-able and your opponent will recover long before you hit the ground if you hop at them.  I'm pretty sure Leona can only safe jump off of that overhead but I've heard people claim she has other setups, that's the stuff I'm curious about.

I'm guessing it can be possible to have a safe jump after an anti air V slasher or Grand saber at a specific height and at specific places of the stage if the opponent tech roll (because leona have more avantage in those situations) but it's absolutely not reliable at my level, only the f.B overhead safe jump is as far as I know.
reality sucks