Author Topic: Athena Asamiya (Console)  (Read 72377 times)

Franchyze22

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:44 AM »
Hey I don't know if this is known but I think you can link Cr.b into things like Psycho Sword, heavy Psycho ball etc. You just have to do it real fast like link timing.

Renegade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
Hey I don't know if this is known but I think you can link Cr.b into things like Psycho Sword, heavy Psycho ball etc. You just have to do it real fast like link timing.
I'm pretty sure if you do two (hit confirm) it won't link into heavy psycho ball or command throw.

Two Lk into psycho sword is a mid screen B&B though.

I really like Athena. I think people kinda sleep on her, but her buffs from Arcade seem pretty significant, esp the Target combo w/ the butt.

Her command grab is too good. Invincibility plus the ability to do great damage w/o meter? Yes plz.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
her command grab is really invincible??

what do u guys feel are her best midscreen combos?
EX command grab doesn't seem too practical to me since u can do practically the same things, besides EX psychoball, with a normal command grab (unless i'm completely missing something).

But here is a corner combo i found to be really good for the ratio of meter/damage

2/3 stock, no drive
(corner) cl.C, qcb+A, st.C, f+B, qcb+BD, hcbx2+P (EX)

does close around the 400s (can't remember off the top of my head)
but in all honesty it doesn't seem too practical because there really won't be any situation where u can get a cl.C as a punish. its super hard to catch anyone with a jump in with her for a combo since her jump is so floaty.

so i think this might be a more practical version.
catching someone pressing buttons or not blocking overhead.

please let me know if there are more optimal/practical combos that can be done
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:54:21 AM by choysauce »

Renegade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
Yeah, her command grab has invincible startup. Stupid, isn't it? I've seen some DP's go through it. Benimaru's for example.

It's not as fast as some of the other ones though (Yuri/Clark/Daimon), but it's the #1 reason why athena is scary when she corners you.

As far as combos go, I never really go for more than 1 meter or 1 drive cancel in a combo, since I like to run Athena 1st to build bar for everyone else.

In the corner,  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a,  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c should be your #1 priority. Great damage, no meter, and leaves them cornered.

Unless you're just doing close C->A fireball as a block string, I wouldn't go for that A fireball, Stand C at all. It's too risky to use that link in an otherwise guaranteed combo.

Her EX Super is almost never really "worth it", unless it's a situation where the HP DP or the level 1 wouldn't hit. An example I can think of is her midscreen combo:
close  ;c,  ;fd ;b,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d,  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b,  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;a + ;c

Any other time it's probably best to end w/ C DP.

For reference, C DP does 165
Shining Level 1 Does 210
EX DP does 233
EX Shining does 320
Psycho Medley does 410

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:37:28 AM by Renegade »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 02:07:59 AM »
Athena combo video that uses her air infinite in some of the combos:

KoF XIII : Totally Casual Combo Vid (Athena)

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
I didn't even know butt loop was possible mid-screen
trying that out rite now

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »
These combos are SO SICK! I spent all night last night mastering the mid screen butt loop off of cl.C and cr. B > st.B. This makes her punishes so beefy.

My tip is to hold forward, then short hop after and uncomfortable amount of walking (slightly after passing under opponent). And press the direction you are jumping + b. this is my timing to land it consistently.

I couldn't figure out how to time it off the command grab or cr.b x2. Anyone have any tips on that?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
Yea that mid-screen combo made my Athena even more deadlier
that was a good find.
ur most likely doing the kicks too slow or ur taking too many steps after DP> Fireball cause I do 3 cr.lks and land it consistently.The timing is the same for the cmd grab into it,crouching lks,and st.C dp.
My suggestion to help u out is pay attention to the char's feet or somewhere else on their body that'll probably help u out,that's what I did to master it.
Btw I pulled this off at a Tight Or Fight last week u should've been there evry1 was like yo that's gdlk
I made alot of ppl wanna pick up Athena after seeing that lol.
I was being streamed but unfortunely the internet blew up in the matches I pulled it off at
imma try to pull it off again at my next tournies I attend
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:39:06 AM by p___a__i__n »

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »
what midscreen combo off of command grab do you guys usually go for?

my combo of choice is f+B, j.qcb+BD, j.CD
it does around 200 dmg and carries them to the corner almost every time.
for 1 meter i think its totally worth it

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 04:45:06 AM »
what midscreen combo off of command grab do you guys usually go for?

my combo of choice is f+B, j.qcb+BD, j.CD
it does around 200 dmg and carries them to the corner almost every time.
for 1 meter i think its totally worth it
if u have 1 meter and at least a half drive u should always go for it(well if u can pull it off consistently off a cmd grab,cr.b lk,and st.C dp) 400+ dmg is always worth it.
But if u can't ur combo of choice is fine it takes em to the corner.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:32 AM »
i could use some clarification on the f.B loop. i really dont understand how to get this combo to work. =[

to me it looks like the game is reading it as a cross up without actually going behind the opponent? i replay the combo over and over and try my best to replicate it. i just dont get it though. ive tried walking forward, dashing, doing f.b off a hop, doing f.b off the ground, letting my inputs reverse, doing it before my input reverses. after the dp cancel to EX psychoball, i dont understand what makes the f.B loop work. i almost always get the f.b to hit, but cannot get it loop. i dont understand how to get it to connect like it does in the video.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
Dude, this cracks me down.

For what it's worth, after EX psycho ball, says walk fwd (till behind) then do a backwards hop into the f.b's .....

And by the placement in the vid, I can see that 'behind' is hell ambiguous.

Don't think I'll be getting this anytime soon.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
yeah i still cant get this one down. :(

the closest i can get is the crossed up f.b, but hitting the opponent from behind instead of front

knowing its off a cross up back hop has gotten me a lot closer though, thank you!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:05:54 PM by SPLIPH »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 01:05:40 AM »
Cool. Let us know now if you end up figuring it out d(^o^)b

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »
Where exactly are you dropping it? Are you having trouble getting the first butt?

For me it seems like, if you are directly underneath the opponent, you hop right when they start flying away. Then hit f(the direction you hopped)+b. Then hold the same direction + b

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2