Author Topic: Athena Asamiya (Console)  (Read 72393 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
^ This is great, I'll post it up on the front page!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Azik21

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2013, 05:06:07 AM »
So, saw a post by Tikok that said 407 was the most damage Athena could get off of a command grab in the corner for one drive and for some reason I felt the undying urge to challenge that.  What I was able to find was with a slight tweak to the combo that was posted I could get 420 dmg instead of 407 dmg.

Original:  hcf+C, qcb+A, qcb+C, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, f+B, qcb+D, dp+C = 407 dmg

If you sub out the f+B after the drive cancel for a short hop j.f+B you can squeeze a bit more damage out of the qcb+D since you'll be higher in the air.  Makes it a bit harder to hit with though so you'll need to be careful.  So the notation would be:

Edit:  hcf+C, qcb+A, qcb+C, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, J.f+B, j.qcb+D, dp+C = 420 dmg

I did find that the damage fluctuates by 1 or 2 points depending oh how many times j.qcb+D hits though.  Other versions that I was messing with removed the second psycho ball at the beginning for a second short hop j.f+B into j.qcb+D which can net about 413 but it's a lot harder so I wouldn't recommend it (might build more meter though, didn't think to check).  

Oh, and if anyone is working on the mid screen off of command grab butt loop I find it helps to walk forward and the instant you cross under them duck and hyper hop into the j.f+B.  Since just walking and hopping will put you to far ahead of them, that slight stall seems to help.

I consistently get 421.  I find it easier to take a step backwards then qcb+A after command grab.
King of Fighters XIII - Athena command grab max damage in corner (50% Drive)

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2014, 09:32:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y8kQSRRuNc&list=LLTiANNHb3_nSKhN0PLu9_vA&index=8

9:00

Can somebody explain how does he land the command throw into f+B, qcb+D, f+b, qcb+d.
does he jump for both f+Bs, or is the first one done off the ground? are those short hops?

Azik21

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y8kQSRRuNc&list=LLTiANNHb3_nSKhN0PLu9_vA&index=8

9:00

Can somebody explain how does he land the command throw into f+B, qcb+D, f+b, qcb+d.
does he jump for both f+Bs, or is the first one done off the ground? are those short hops?

He does grounded  ;fd ;b ex phoenix arrow then hyper hop  ;fd ;b ex phoenix arrow.  It will corner carry to land the hd bypass from pretty much full screen (about 95%)  Thanks for asking about this because I didn't know how to do it till now

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:32 AM »
I see you're an Athena player, can you test this out for me if you haven't already done so?

Are you sure that he does the first f+B off the ground and not with a manual hyperhop?
I was trying with the "off the ground" variation for the first f+B, and with a manual hyper hop for the second, but when I get the second f+B (in the air) to hit, my EX Phoenix arrow hits, but not fully, the second part whiffs, making it impossible to continue the combo

Azik21

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »
yes I'm positive.  I forgot to mention it is a screen specific combo.  You will not get two reps of ex phoenix arrow unless you are more then half screen away from the corner your going towards.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:36:04 PM by Azik21 »

sammy5m1th

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2014, 06:48:10 AM »
Yeah, its grounded f+B and then a hyper hop f+B, I use that one a fair bit but it can't be done corner to corner.  If you're closer than about half screen you leave out the second EX arrow and just do light arrow and follow up or HD bypass the hyper hop f+B.  It's also important to note that you need to do the double EX arrow version ASAP because if they are to low to the ground when you hit with f+B then the ball part of EX arrow will hit and the kick won't which will end your combo early.

Personally I'm still working on command grab into butt loop.  I can do it but there's a lot of judgment calls that go into it and I'd like to find a way to time/space it out to where it's like the non-command grab butt loops and you can always just walk forward and hop or walk forward and hyper hop without any variance.

As a side note, I found a combo video that goes over a lot of different combos from various positions, starters, and amounts of meter.  Pretty sure it's all old news but might be helpful to someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWwJY5rt52k

Azik21

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Ab9Q-Yizk&feature=youtu.be

Silly mixups and a corner 6 frame safe jump from command grab (yes I know there's no point)