Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Console)  (Read 57301 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Sie Kensou (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:25 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Command Normals
Backflip Feint - ;b ;d

Special Moves
Chokyudan - ;qcb ;a / ;c *

Ryutouda - ;qcf ;a / ;c
  ∟ ;qcf ;a / ;c (Ryutetsushou)
          ∟ ;qcf ;b / ;d (Hasei Shitsukuu Zanryuu)

Ryubokko - ;dp ;a / ;c *

Ryugakusai - ;rdp ;b / ;d *

Ryusogeki - ;qcb ;a / ;c (in air) *

Sikuzanryukyaku - ;qcf ;b / ;d *

Desperation Moves
Super Chokyudan - ;qcb ;qcb ;a / ;c *

Super Punch Drill - ;qcf ;hcb ;a / ;c

Neomax
Seigan Senki Hakkei - ;qcf ;qcf ;a ;c

Kensou's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
*Air EX qcb.P starts up faster
*s.B>C is now a target combo. Follow ups possible after it hits.
*His punch super is now a 1 frame throw
*When air qcb.P hits, it can be canceled with a special or greater
*His fb’s recovery time is improved

Producer Yamamoto says: Aside from being a good way to disrupt guard, his punch super can be used effectively to catch opponents who roll past his fb. His fb game has improved and can be used as a central strategy now that the recovery is better. His air qcb.P can be cancelled with any special and the new s.B>C target combo can be linked by following with c.B or s.D. I recommend using these changes aggressively along with his fb whilst minding distances.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:32:06 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:39 AM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:01:04 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:54 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:32:24 PM by nilcam »

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
you cant max cancel ex fireball super?
what gives?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »
Heres a console exclusive new BNB combo for Kensou.

CR ;b ST ;b ST ;c CR ;b xx Rekkas
+ Damage: 240

Got a decent HD combo

Jump  ;c ST  ;b ST  ;c ST ;b ST ;c Activate HD Mode ST ;d RDP ;d HD Cancel Rekka x2 RDP ;d HD Cancel Rekka x2 RDP HD Cancel Air QCB ;c land QCB x2  ;a ;c Max Cancel QCF x2  ;a ;b
+ Damage: 902
+ Meters Used: 4

Note: If you do replace the last RDP with an EX one you can do 935 damage.

Buriki One

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »

1. What is the difference between EX Rekkas and regular Rekkas. Do they have frame advantage if i stop in the middle of the chain. HOw punishable is this move (EX and normal) on block or is this move ONLY meant for combo finishers.

2. With the speed upgrade on his fireball. Can he do the fireball/frame traps he could do in 98/2k2?

3. Looks like he lost his 98/2k2/XI pokes, so what normals are good now. standing and air to air

4. Can anyone please explain what his new qcf+K move is and its uses?

5. Any properties or use for his command somersault?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 01:13:34 AM »
kupô

i have hard time to deal with these character Mai/Leona/Iori

can you give me some advices to kill theme

Mai - good zoning with normal,the threat of NeoMAX,very nice air play :-(
Leona - same as Mai with V-Slasher, mix with hop+CD>d.B again and again......
Iori - Crossp b.B, jump B/D, and the normal Iori stuffs

thanks kupô ^0^

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
I don't really PLAY Sie, but my brother does, so I fight him a lot. So I'll hazard some guesses, especially since I DO play Mai and Leona, and I know what I'd be worries to run into.

Mai - good zoning with normal,the threat of NeoMAX,very nice air play :-(

You know, you might be able to Bait Mai's Neomax on twitchy players by throwing out a noraml to call out the neomax idea, and then quickly command-backflipping. She'd pass right through you, and you could cancel the flipp into special upon landing. You can beat her at projectile games with Chokyudan, also, and this could bait her into trying to land EX Kachousen in projectile wars. As Kensou, I'd say in on Mai. She has no really fantastic Anti-airs normally, and you jump C and B can both be used well to maintain aerial pressure on knockdowns. I like to use run-unders with her, to switch sides on jumpers and suprise them, but Kensou's Ryusogeki should help make that hard for her to do.

And you have a command grab. Perfect way to punish a desperate Mai who tries to land Musasabi, Hissatsu, Ukibane, or poorly-timed projectiles. She might be a better zone'r, but you're much stronger up close.

Leona - same as Mai with V-Slasher, mix with hop+CD>d.B again and again......

Without meter, Leona's reversal options are silenced by deep jump-ins, and if she's trying to block, you're keeping up solid pressure. Always cover a knockdown with a fireball, of course, and run behind it with caution, to try and bait the V-slasher. She can't outfireball you at all, and you can stop and block before a slasher hits you, if you didn't commit to an action.

Hop CD is kinda slow. You could possibly stand D or hop B her out of it. And again, that cool backflip with invincibility and the ability to cancel into specials gives you some nice anti-pressure control. And you have a great DP that even moves you foward, and splits his legs both ways, possibly even trading with crossup attempts.

A solid Kensou gives my Leona some trouble. He's not as easy to control as I'd like, and he makes much of her pressure more unsafe than usual.

Iori - Crossp b.B, jump B/D, and the normal Iori stuffs

thanks kupô ^0^

Your DP, once again, is one of the best at possibly eating / catching his crossup. But preferably, I'd want to keep him out, and chip away at him. It's not like he has any far-ranged options as Claw, and as flame, his up-close specials become less-effective, maybe making the close-up fight a bit more fair.

Iori's love their overzelous hop pressure, so maybe even full jumping back and letting out a Ryusogeki -> Ryugakusai combo should catch him every once in a while.

1. What is the difference between EX Rekkas and regular Rekkas. Do they have frame advantage if i stop in the middle of the chain. HOw punishable is this move (EX and normal) on block or is this move ONLY meant for combo finishers.

2. With the speed upgrade on his fireball. Can he do the fireball/frame traps he could do in 98/2k2?

3. Looks like he lost his 98/2k2/XI pokes, so what normals are good now. standing and air to air

4. Can anyone please explain what his new qcf+K move is and its uses?

5. Any properties or use for his command somersault?

I noticed noone answered these. Let me give my best reply here, too:

1. Dunno about EX rekka safety. Rekka's seem decently safe in the fact that the first 1 or 2 push the enemey back a bit, so you're mostly likely not gonna be grabbed / DP'd out of them. the run and kickoff also is fairly safe, but really great punishes could get you.

2. Dunno if it's be 2k2 like or anything, but he can apply solid pressure with D's into fireballs. As he can also cancel normals into backflip, this helps vary when and what he uses to counter with, allowing the opponent to find more ways to jump into his traps.

3. Stand and ground Bs are good ground control. He has an easy dash-in standing move that hits low with it, and he can chain into his C, in order to link into more damage. Sweep and stand D are also pretty good. I find his hop / Jump B to be solid Air-to-Air in similiar ways to Iori's or Ralf's. Jump D hits people who are above you in-air pretty well, and Jump CD is solid if you get into the air before them. Also not bad at setting up jump /hop pressure.

4. I mostly think of the dash-and-kick as a nice way to push people away, so you can start zoning again. It's a great way to push them back after counter hits, and after Ryusogeki hits. Can hit people who try to back-hop too often, as well. Mix it with other things to do after tossing a fireball on an opponent, and along with dash in Bs, Ds, and hops, they'll have a lot to consider over what you might be doing.

5. Start up on Flip is invincible (think it last the whole first flip), and it's cancellable during this time, through the stated first flip. The 2nd flip isn't cancellable, and just helps you escape. You can use it to flip people GCCD's, and punish afterwards, just to make them miss jump-ins, to escape throws, cancel normals, etc.

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »
thanks man ^^

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 06:11:16 AM »
Started using him again and after hitting practice, the highest meterless punish seems to be:

s.B, sC, sD, rekkas (260 dmg)

Some minimal effort HD combos:

(2 bar) s.B, sC, HD, s.B, sC, qcb+C, neomax (610 dmg)

(3 bar) s.B, sC, HD, s.B, qcf hcf+P, neomax (728 dmg)

(4 bar) s.B, sC, HD, s.B, sC, qcb+C, qcb qcb+C, neomax (857 dmg)

Any tips to consistently linking B or D after the sB, sC combo? I get it but not consistently so the opponent can mash a special or super :/

Qcf+K is so good for catching ppl out of nowhere. Also excellent for punishing lows, especially those pesky mashers. Also great for doing behind a fireball for a combo.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
You gotta be careful with that qcf+B with some matchups though... King can run in and do far s.D, and to my knowledge, Kyo can do the same, which can mean HD combo if there's a full bar... I think Clark and Ralf can do their b~f+C and do whatever afterwards... Throwing qcf+B out with a projectile, pending if it's A or C, can help make it somewhat safe though, but I think the best option would be using his A projectile...

I'm loving his fireball traps, and tbh, I think he has the best fireball traps in the game though. There are many cases where I catch the opponent with the second projectile and combo it with c.D for the knockdown.

I will say it's very important to learn his s.B, s.C link into either c.B to rekkas or another s.B, s.C into HD and then another s.B, s.C to whatever else... I feel with Kensou, spacing is even more important, as being slightly farther away can change his combo if you're getting into using his links. Some situations allow a c.B as a starter, whereas there are other cases in which you can't rely on starting off with c.B into s.B, s.C because the following c.B will whiff...

I'm not even gonna lie though, I'm still trying to get the gist of fully utilizing his B+D backflip. I have some ideas as to what I can and can't do with it, and seeing how it has some invincibility frames, I think I can incorporate that into his ground game...

I'm not liking how the majority (if not all) of his normals are diagonal in motion, which I think in turn effects his hitboxes... c.C seems good still, as does s.D, but his only good aerial attack that seems decent is j.B. I like j.D, but it doesn't work well for me at times; same with j.C...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:34:54 AM by jinxhand »

YMK

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »
^backflip is mostly useless, you can cancel it into specials once he gets to the handstand part, the invul is long gone before then though. ive only really used it in combos. lol

Ive been using Kensou on point and LOVING it. He does well against King, IMO, as he can cr.D and duck under her fireballs. forcing her to fight him, but she can still be tough, especially if she gets you into the corner.

I like using him on point just cause his meter gain is nice. most people dont seem to know that after landing a Qcf+K (like the end of rekka chain), you can whiff another QCF+b for a bit of extra meter, you can whiff a 2nd one, but you can eat a reversal easy.

also cool to note, is that lvl2 mashed DP+C (the version that gets 9 hits) is safe. its like -1 if not 0.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 07:04:10 AM »
I'm starting to use backflip more and more in my gameplay... Changing the gap between Kensou and the opponent with backflip while canceling it to his fireballs are great, especially when it makes the opponent afraid to jump in because they hit the fireball trying to dodge it... They can't do too much rolling, because qcf+B/D or qcf,hcb+A/C make him even more of a threat... Oh yeah, using backflip to force a jump in can help at times, because you can cancel it into rdp+B/D to get an AA in there... Against ground projectiles it's better, but it requires timing to avoid those things with that move... I feel backflip can definitely boost Kensou's game imo...

In the fear of opponent's rolling past fireballs, I'm wondering if setting up traps with dp+A/C would work... I know it's possible to block Kensou's c.D, and roll past his fireball without relying on GCAB... I'm thinking if you can bait or train the opponent to roll past that setup if they could run into his dp+A/C with the right spacing without being able to do anything. I haven't had time to test it out, but I'll post up if it works...

Oh yeah, how are you finding the frame data for Kensou???
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:06:03 AM by jinxhand »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
So, was playing around with Kensou and there was something I noticed with him.

As a combo starter for an HD combo, you can do s.B, st.C twice. Mind you, I don't play Kensou, but the extra 182 damage added on to whatever you can cook up in HD mode would be great.

j.C, st.B, st.C, st.B, st.C, {HD Bypass} qcf+CB, qcf+C, [HDC] dp+D (2 hits), [HDC] qcf, hcb+P, [MC] qcf x2 +AC = 699 dmg

I do not play him, but I figure this info is useful who can make my game complete.

EDIT:

Apparently, you can do 4 sets of st.B, st.C if you don't HD bypass and far C is special cancellable in HD mode. 4 sets adds up to 394 dmg. Will try to do a relatively simple HD combo to see the damage with 3 bars.

EDIT:

j.C st.B, st.C, st.B, st.C, [HDA] st.B, st.C, st.B, st.C qcf+C, qcf+C, [HDC] dp+D (2 hits), [HDC] qcf, hcb+P, [MC] qcf x2 +AC = 795 dmg

I could have max cancelled later, but I was worried it would miss. In any case, this didn't require much in terms of HD. You could easily add in a few more reps of qcf+C x2 into dp+D before cancelling into the super into neomax.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:20:55 PM by Reiki.Kito »