Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Console)  (Read 57313 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou (Console)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Doing two sets of his TC to start an HD is usually a good thing, makes it a lot easier to hit confirm, and yeah it is known.  I try to usually avoid doing two sets after HDA because my HD combos tend to push my gauge to the limit so I can't afford to waste too much time.

But yeah if you know your spacing and you're not that confident hitconfirming off of the first TC, it's nice to have.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »
Didn't realize that kensou could link ST D off his target combo think its a 2 frame link.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
Didn't realize that kensou could link ST D off his target combo think its a 2 frame link.

It was mentioned in the change lists by the director.  And it feels more like a one frame link.  If you can land it consistently, then TC, st.D xx EX DP is his best punish combo.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »

It was mentioned in the change lists by the director.  And it feels more like a one frame link.  If you can land it consistently, then TC, st.D xx EX DP is his best punish combo.

So, was playing with Kensou a little more and an almost staggeringly easy HD combo for 4 bars only requires you use C fireball, [HDC] EX Super Fireball, (MC) Neomax

The whole thing does about 890 dmg, but if anyone can make it any better with another rep or something I might be missing, maybe even that st.D in HD, I'd really appreciate it.

Okay, here it goes:

j.C, st.b, st.C, -delay- st.B, st.C [HDA], st.B, st.C, -delay-, st.B, st.C, qcf+C, qcf+C, [HDC] dp+D (2), [HDC] qcf+C, qcf+C, [HDC] qcb+C, [HDC] qcbx2 +AC, (MC) qcfX2+AC = 890 dmg

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
If I remember I hit around 914 for 4 bars.  It's been a while.  I hit 950 with 5 before.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 07:17:35 PM »
If I remember I hit around 914 for 4 bars.  It's been a while.  I hit 950 with 5 before.

In HD mode, I don't really know what to do. I just did whatever linked. If you have a better set of specials I can substitute, that'd be great!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
Well the best loop to do with him is the RDP+B [HD] air QCB+P.

Now for the most part the best version of it is corner only where you get to throw in some Fireballs after the dive bomb and before another DP to add some damage.

From around midscreen, you have to do RDP+D first in order to get the dive bomb to push to the corner.  From a bit further out, you have to add a couple of rekkas.  From full screen you have to start with two rekkas, do 1 hit of RDP+D, do two more rekkas, THEN do the RDP+D into dive bomb.

Of course, if you really want to get down to it, there's a trial mode combo where you can do the RDP+B [HDC] air QCF+P loop from anywhere, but you have to run in after the dive bomb before doing another DP until you get to the corner, and that's a pain.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
Few things I know:

Normal to Backflip are safe against GCD.

Somewhere from midstage to corner, Sie can perform:

...(HDA) st. C, rdp+B(1 hit), (HDC) qcf+A/Cx2, (HDC) rdp+B(1 hit), (HDC) qcbx2+A/C, rdp+D, (HDC) air qcb+A/C...

Hit confirming qcf+K in corner will place Sie in a position to perform fb trap qcb+A. Hit confirming qcf+K from full screen will leaving Kensou to do either a fb trap qcb+C or a qcf+K to safety run-in.

If one or none of these work, please correct me.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
Alright, I'll try this out, thanks!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
Didn't think Reiki would get on that Kensou train.  Did one of your mains piss you off?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
Didn't think Reiki would get on that Kensou train.  Did one of your mains piss you off?

No, I'm actually learning him to teach someone else.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »

No, I'm actually learning him to teach someone else.

Ah I see.  Well remember, the corner is where Kensou dominates.  Do whatever it takes to get the opponent there.  After that it's a matter of knowing how to change it up to inflict heavy damage.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
So, about his fireballs...

He's got an EX fireball and a fireball DM. Isn't that a little redundant? Or are there cases where it would be better to use one over the other?

The way I see it, the fireball DM is better because it does more damage and has a bigger hitbox. The only thing the EX fireball is better at that I can think of is speed, but I don't think slower speed should be a problem for the Fireball DM.

What can you guys tell me about their differences?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:01 PM »
Fireball DM keeps the opponents jumping habits and punishes in check forcing them to react to your FBs rather than predicting them.

EX Fireball comes out as fast if not faster than C Fireball DM however just the nature of the move itself only requiring one QCB rather than two, makes it a lot better for FB wars as you can win with reactions as well rather than just predicting your opponents moves.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »
Alright, I'll try this out, thanks!

Ok. I just realized that after hitting Athena with qcf+K in the corner. An immediate qcf+A will not trap her because she gets up late. So, st. D(whiff cancel), qcf+A works on her instead.