Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Console)  (Read 57312 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou (Console)
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
So EX Dive Bomb is +6 on block at best...that's pretty damn good.

Target Combo to st.D is a 1 frame link as I suspected.

Target Combo is -1 on block, have to watch out for that.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 01:57:28 AM »
I've got this really cool, but gimmicky, super throw reset with kensou.

basically do anything into ex rekkas, then run up and command grab.
def easy to spot once you use it once on someone, but it sure makes them feel dumb when you hit them with it lolll.

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
kupô

Any safe-jump setups ?

thanks

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »
kupô

Any safe-jump setups ?

thanks

Whoa dude, I saw you post this message in a few threads.

You can always try to practice and test safejumps yourself in training mode using the record and playback functions. Figure it out and have fun.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »
Seems to me like Kensou's gotten lamer since the console release. All I see people do is rekkas to rdp + K (at least in HD mode). Are those two moves (and his fireball) really the only moves worth using?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 03:05:56 AM »
Still waiting for an answer to the question above...

But now I'd like to ask: sometimes people Drive Cancel his rdp + K into qcb + P in the air, and sometimes they don't.

How do people pick their times when doing this?

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 09:10:45 AM »
Canceling into dive from DP is really circumstancial, since you need to time the drive cancel to the final active frames if you anti-air the oponent with the DP so you don't wiff it.

If done from the back of the screen it's best to do drive cancel into dive, to follo up:

Do  ;d (wiff) and empy cancel into DP  ;d.  ;dWill get you in closer so you can get the full damage, either  ;d DP or EX.

Another followup is after the dive, do rekka (wiff) rekka into qcf.K

If you do drive cancel into dive near the corner you can do the following.

After dive hits, do a rtk. ;a, fireball  ;a, Rekka, rekka x2, DP ( ;b or EX only), this combo is best done after the EX DP starter, it gives you better possition after the first dive

The best variation after this would be to do the same combo, but without the rtk.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »
Seems to me like Kensou's gotten lamer since the console release. All I see people do is rekkas to rdp + K (at least in HD mode). Are those two moves (and his fireball) really the only moves worth using?

The air QCB+P is really good if you space it properly (thus making it safe on block) and it can really throw people off their rhythm, the EX version is excellent because its safe on block and leaves Kensou positive on hit (so he can do a ground combo after it).

The qcb+K is also good as a surprise move but risky because it has bad recovery. Its low invincible so you can beat out people who mash lows etc. Its also really good for reset mixups.

DP+P is pretty useless aside from doing some rather excellent chip damage, almost does a throw's worth if you do it completely. Of course, if you do it completely then its pretty much suicide on block so you have to make sure your opponent will be dead and can't guard cancel roll. The move isn't really unsafe if you do the right amount of hits but just isn't worth it considering the damage. The EX version does have some invincibility though.

Still waiting for an answer to the question above...

But now I'd like to ask: sometimes people Drive Cancel his rdp + K into qcb + P in the air, and sometimes they don't.

How do people pick their times when doing this?

Its depends on the player first and foremost, a lot just don't do it for some reason. The player Green Tea for example has a pretty solid Kensou but he almost never ever uses any meter with him, he just stacks it for his other characters.

Overall though its risky doing it off of an anti-air because the timing and spacing can be iffy so its easy to do the drive cancel and have the qcb+P whiff.

Its mostly used in combos started on the ground and especially in corner combos starting with a throw in the corner. There is no reason not to do it really, you can easily get really solid damage anywhere on the screen with just 1 power meter and drive. Should your opponent end up in the corner after the drive cancel then you can add in some extra hits via the fireball and rekkas if you want.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:10:54 PM by Diavle »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 01:19:32 AM »
That's 4 bars in console, this is old KOF XIII arcade footage.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
Ok idk why nobody has posted this before but I upped HD+2 bars to 833 (you can get more and I'll mention that later). I'm gonna post it in numerical notation because I'm most comfortable with it and I'm posting from my phone, commas will indicate links, no comma means cancel >_<

There are two iterations, corner and midscreen. I'll start with corner.

2b 5b 5c, 5b 5c HD 5b 5c, 5b 5c 214a, 5b 5c 421d dc j.214a, j.214a 214a, 421b dc j.214a, 214a, 236a 236a, 236236ac

From starting positions you can do

2b 5b 5c, 5b 5c HD 5b 5c, 5b 5c 421d [[as above from 421d]].
If you're still not in the corner enough for j.214a to hit when tk'd, you can make the first drive cancel a j.214c for extra carry. This makes the tk much harder.

Starting it without the 2b you get more damage (so starting 5b 5c) but I'm getting old so need the extra time to prepare for the link mentally.

Similarly you can stick this tk j.214a into your corner bnb. It works off of any dp in the corner (needs to be j.214a off of a 421b to be able to get it).

I don't see anyone doing it and I've not seen it mentioned so I thought I'd put it for people to at least see if they're new to him.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:30:08 AM by raisedbyfinches »

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »
So if you use the A dive u can do get a TK'd a dive after that and then land a fireball into whatever?
Thats pretty much my same HD combo aside from the TK'd dives lol. I'll try it out tomorrow.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
You can get it off the C dive as well but its a lot harder, its ever so slighly easier to get it from starting positions than starting in the corner.
You don't even have to be accurate with the tk with the A version and do it quite high up!

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 03:30:07 AM »
I've been trying this for a while since I'm trying to get a 3 stock kill combo . . . still no luck.

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2013, 06:52:51 AM »
Corner, post rekkas: whiff st.A, hyperhop C. Fairly easy safe jump.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)