Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 121502 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #330 on: January 16, 2014, 08:22:50 PM »
...hot damn, the uploader made it a private video. YOLO!

Footsies, huh? I can respect that, though I don't think he'll be regaining a slot on my "real" team any time soon. I played a couple matches with him tonight, and I found myself lacking. The set caused me to rediscover my groove for the game as a whole, and I have to thank K' for his part in that. I no longer see K' in my future with this game though, King will always perform better for me personally.

Here's an example. K' throws an opponent, just as they're getting up while they're on all fours visually, you do Chain Drive. If you did it right, the opponent has to block the other way to defend against it.

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
  • With these eyes, I can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2014, 12:30:03 AM »
That sounds awesome, I really dig the concept. It's a shame there's no in-depth analysis of this floating around, it seems like something that could lead to discoveries for other characters as well...
Shen's is the Cr.C that pierces the heavens...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2014, 07:01:04 AM »
That sounds awesome, I really dig the concept. It's a shame there's no in-depth analysis of this floating around, it seems like something that could lead to discoveries for other characters as well...

He did a whole video, but it works on a lot of situations. I tested it earlier today on hard knockdowns, tech rolling, air resets, and each time, you can time it to hit behind them. The real kicker is doing it twice. It's a backturned cross up situation so it's really weird to block.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »
Can't learn this guy for crap though he is my favorite character.
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:34 AM »
Having trouble with K' and Elisabeth atm. K' Trial 6 is evil. I delayed the  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a and timed it so after the second hit of that move I can DC into  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c and I ALWAYS whiff. Please Help!!!!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2014, 07:30:12 PM »
It's not a timing thing (kinda), it's a positioning thing. You actually have to DC off the first hit of dp+A. You also only get a few frames to do it in, which is why it's so tough.

There are two ways to do the dp+A to qcf+C/AC combo. You either do half-circle back, forward + A, qcf+AC or dp+A (the exact motions, do not hit forward twice), then quarter circle forward.

The second method is confusing to some, but go into training mode and turn inputs on. When you do a dp and let go of the direction, it takes on an additional forward. If you tried to do qcf+AC at that point, it'll do super. If you do not let go of the stick, it won't register forward, but will be held at down-forward. From there, you go to down and do a quarter circle forward instead from that point.

The other way, which is harder is do a kind of double-tap motion after doing dp+A, f+AC. You have to tap the buttons almost immediately after doing dp+A. Some people have success in pressing buttons than doing directional inputs, so this method works. I have never done it outside of HD mode (Where the cancel window is much bigger) so I can't speak for it.

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2014, 07:39:40 AM »
I'm on pad....and it's pretty easy though I will be perfecting this in the days to come.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2014, 01:27:21 PM »
You have to DC on the first hit not the second one. Its easier if you do hcbf+A qcf~uf+AC for the EX to come out

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2014, 02:28:31 PM »
Wow, I completely forgot about upforward for EX DC. I have just been doing it straight up and getting mixed results due to timing.

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:30 AM »
You have to DC on the first hit not the second one. Its easier if you do hcbf+A qcf~uf+AC for the EX to come out

Can you do the DP and get the same result?
It'd probably be easier because to confirm Reiki's earlier post you do get an unwanted  ;fd if you let go of  ;df and all you have to do is hit  ;uf  ;a ;c for an easy DC....I could be wrong though.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »
No that wont work. Has to be the input i suggested.

Check my channel as I did the trial with hands to see if need help

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »
I did....just that I'm on pad and can't afford an arcade stick at the moment.

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
What's up guys!

So I've begun making a full-detailed tutorial on K', and completed the first part, focusing on his movement, throw, normals and command normal.

The K' Bible - Part 1

Tell me what you guys think! Give me any feedback, any problems you felt with the first part, positive or negative, anything to help improve the second part!

Part 2 will be all about K's specials, so I really want your help! Give me whatever info about K's specials that you feel are important for a K' player to know, and of course I will give you credit on the video. Also, if there was something on Part 1 I missed and you pointed out, I will go over it at the beginning of part 2 and give you credit as well.

Let's all work together on this!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:49:39 PM by FM Sway »

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
  • With these eyes, I can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 07, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »
Sorry for being too lazy to dig through this thread and having to ask such a simple question, but...

I've recently been practicing K' HDs (just the basic DP xx qcb + B/D loop) but tonight I happened to discover that in HD mode you can cancel DP into Trigger just by holding the button... however, it doesn't seem to combo, like ever. Is this a height issue? Does the trigger have to be cancelled into during a later frame of the DP? What's the secret to combo-ing into trigger from DP?
Shen's is the Cr.C that pierces the heavens...