Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120779 times)

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
Normal air Minutes Spike is really hard to combo off of by itself, EX is much easier.  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k will probably still be the standard wall carry HD loop. Once you get to the corner you can do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ->  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c ->  ;fd ;d;fd ;a ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k loops, which are slightly more damaging. The cancel from  ;a Crow Bites to  ;c Trigger is also much easier to do in HD mode.

Going from that last sentence, I was experimenting with shortcuts for DP moves and found out some interesting info. I've been struggling with trying to master  ;a Crow Bites Drive Cancel to  ;c Trigger, since being able to do it consistently grants a big increase in K's corner damage. I tried out the  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a shortcut a few times, but I found that while I could do it consistently outside of a combo, I have a tendency to "ride" the gate of my stick when trying to perform it quickly during a combo, so it was coming out as  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a instead, which would result in a Super Cancel to Heat Drive when I would try to go for  ;c Trigger. I had then switched to doing it as  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;fd ;c , because while that technique requires much stricter timing, I found I preferred it since I would avoid accidentally cancelling to a DM.

Then I saw the video on Nico Nico Douga where a player was going through K's entire movelist and struggling with the trials where you have to cancel  ;a Crow Bites to Trigger. In one of the scrolling comments, someone listed the input for the Crow Bites as 626A, or  ;fd ;dn ;fd ;a . I went to try it and found out that it works!. This got me interested in messing around to see how else you could input a DP motion, and the results I found were pretty interesting.

In order for the game's command interpreter to register a DP motion:

1. The first input MUST be  ;fd
2. The second input can be either  ;dn or  ;db
3. The third input can be either  ;df or  ;fd

This makes the total recognizable DP motions as  ;fd ;dn ;df;fd ;dn ;fd;fd ;db ;df and  ;fd ;db ;fd .

This also explains why  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd works, as the game reads it as the  ;fd ;db ;fd input.

With this information, I was finally able to consistently perform this particular Drive Cancel easily in a combo. I even make it a little easier on myself by HOLDING  ;fd right before I want to do  ;a Crow Bites, then finishing the motion with  ;db ;fd ;a (basically like doing Zaneiken with Andy).

Just wanted to share this info. It should help make these DP cancels a lot easier for everyone.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
So you're saying if you do  ;fd ;db ;fd and then do qcf+C, it'll drive cancel?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
So you're saying if you do  ;fd ;db ;fd and then do qcf+C, it'll drive cancel?

I would assume so.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »
Yup, you can do  ;fd ;db ;fd ;a ->  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c to Drive Cancel. The key is to avoid the  ;df in  ;fd ;dn ;df so you don't get a Super Cancel to Heat Drive. I just thought I would share that info since it would give people an idea of how many different ways you can shortcut a DP motion and that way they could find the method that works best for them.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
Good shit bro I'll definitely try this out next time

;)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
This means I'll have to practice using Takuma more since you technically have to do the same thing with his db, f+D move. In any case, I'd like to approach a different vein of thought. Cancelling st.C, f+A into Narrow Spike (qcb x2 D). I've got it off once, but it's pretty tough stuff.

EDIT:

Tried it out and put my inputs on. I do the df input a lot. It's going to be a pain not to do that, but this is indeed a lot easier than riding the gates to a hcbf+P move.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:35:21 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
Initially I was not very excited about  ;fd ;dn ;fd ;a being possible, because I figured I'd just mess up and do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;a instead, but when I sat down and experimented to find what else worked, it paid off.

If you still have problems, you can still do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;fd ;c and just learn the timing needed. If your reaction time is good, you can do that and if the Drive Cancel doesn't happen, you have just enough time to DC the second hit of Crow Bites into  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b . That will allow you to juggle afterwards with  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c . It takes less damage, but it's a way of salvaging the combo and still getting some extra damage, along with the crazy corner carry and hard knockdown that  ;c Crow Bites gives you.

kairu1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 06:52:56 AM »
my apologizes for the noob question, but would someone be able to explain the timing of K's trial 4 to me? I cant seem to figure out the timing of the hd cancel from the  light uppercut to the ex narrow spike.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 08:57:54 AM »
Mh, that's a bit hard. I remember having a lot of trouble doing that when I started. The best thing I'd tell you is to try to do a hcb after you do the dp+A motion. That's how I usually do it. You can do it one fluid motion. Just remember to press the button appropriately.

For example, you do dp like  ;fd ;dn ;df + A and then immediately do from  ;df , ;dn ;db ;bk and it'll work.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:28:17 PM by Reiki.Kito »

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »
what Reiki said should work for you i honestly watched for the first hit of the dp then drive cancelled. 
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
Initially I was not very excited about  ;fd ;dn ;fd ;a being possible, because I figured I'd just mess up and do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;a instead, but when I sat down and experimented to find what else worked, it paid off.

If you still have problems, you can still do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;fd ;c and just learn the timing needed. If your reaction time is good, you can do that and if the Drive Cancel doesn't happen, you have just enough time to DC the second hit of Crow Bites into  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b . That will allow you to juggle afterwards with  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c . It takes less damage, but it's a way of salvaging the combo and still getting some extra damage, along with the crazy corner carry and hard knockdown that  ;c Crow Bites gives you.

For the:
;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;fd ;c

Is it not the case that you have go back to neutral after the dp then quickly press  ;fd ;c

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:36 AM »
Nope, you just need to be very fast. The key is to make sure you press  ;a at  ;df and  ;c at  ;fd . It's like a slide input or 1 frame shift from ;a to ;c almost.

Of course, I found out today that you can do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;dn ;df ;fd ;c and it will work, you just have to be extremely precise. Most people do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;a , which is why they get a Super Cancel instead.

kairu1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 06:27:07 AM »
Mh, that's a bit hard. I remember having a lot of trouble doing that when I started. The best thing I'd tell you is to try to do a hcb after you do the dp+A motion. That's how I usually do it. You can do it one fluid motion. Just remember to press the button appropriately.

For example, you do dp like  ;fd ;dn ;df + A and then immediately do from  ;df , ;dn ;db ;bk and it'll work.

what Reiki said should work for you i honestly watched for the first hit of the dp then drive cancelled. 

works like a charm now, thanx guys

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 07:05:23 AM »
So, just letting you all know:

After trying it out today, I've found that EX ein trigger has invincibility during the move. I don't know if it's the forward+D version or not, but I know it did have invincibility.Try it out.

Also, buffering qcb+D x2 to get the slide after f+A is going to be VERY important. I think it's not only a good mix-up, but you can get a DP chain off of it and is a much strong HD activation initiator.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:27:53 AM by Reiki.Kito »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 07:17:07 AM »
Normal air Minutes Spike is really hard to combo off of by itself, EX is much easier.  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k will probably still be the standard wall carry HD loop. Once you get to the corner you can do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ->  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c ->  ;fd ;d;fd ;a ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k ->  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k loops, which are slightly more damaging. The cancel from  ;a Crow Bites to  ;c Trigger is also much easier to do in HD mode.

Going from that last sentence, I was experimenting with shortcuts for DP moves and found out some interesting info. I've been struggling with trying to master  ;a Crow Bites Drive Cancel to  ;c Trigger, since being able to do it consistently grants a big increase in K's corner damage. I tried out the  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a shortcut a few times, but I found that while I could do it consistently outside of a combo, I have a tendency to "ride" the gate of my stick when trying to perform it quickly during a combo, so it was coming out as  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a instead, which would result in a Super Cancel to Heat Drive when I would try to go for  ;c Trigger. I had then switched to doing it as  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;fd ;c , because while that technique requires much stricter timing, I found I preferred it since I would avoid accidentally cancelling to a DM.

Then I saw the video on Nico Nico Douga where a player was going through K's entire movelist and struggling with the trials where you have to cancel  ;a Crow Bites to Trigger. In one of the scrolling comments, someone listed the input for the Crow Bites as 626A, or  ;fd ;dn ;fd ;a . I went to try it and found out that it works!. This got me interested in messing around to see how else you could input a DP motion, and the results I found were pretty interesting.

In order for the game's command interpreter to register a DP motion:

1. The first input MUST be  ;fd
2. The second input can be either  ;dn or  ;db
3. The third input can be either  ;df or  ;fd

This makes the total recognizable DP motions as  ;fd ;dn ;df;fd ;dn ;fd;fd ;db ;df and  ;fd ;db ;fd .

This also explains why  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd works, as the game reads it as the  ;fd ;db ;fd input.

With this information, I was finally able to consistently perform this particular Drive Cancel easily in a combo. I even make it a little easier on myself by HOLDING  ;fd right before I want to do  ;a Crow Bites, then finishing the motion with  ;db ;fd ;a (basically like doing Zaneiken with Andy).

Just wanted to share this info. It should

great logical post and breakdown of the dp motion. i think zaneiken into fb is gonna be my super cancel (unless im using andy).

anybody got a tip for cancelling 2 fb motions where the second ones button is the same as said characters ;dn ;df ;fd x2 super. with shen for example i do it with a slight pause in between so a super doesn't get triggered. any easier way?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!