Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120755 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
I'm not a mod, but those are the rules. I used to get warned for double-posting to in forums that don't get much traffic (IE: Maxima).

You can get upset at me for spending 3 words telling you you could've easily edited your post you just did like everyone else, or you can try the advice I gave you and get over it.

EDIT: And just to be clear, when I told you not to double-post, I wasn't being malicious. Just giving the new kid on the block a reminder. So I don't understand why you flipped your lid.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:09:31 AM by Reiki.Kito »

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 11:26:12 AM »
Cool story...I was just calling you out for sounding corny trying to be the police of the internet, no flipping of lids was involved.  

As for the second part of your post, I don't understand it because it doesn't make sense.  I do, however, understand the end of it that says to get over it, which I have.

Hopefully someone will respond to this so that I am allowed to post something more relevant to the console version of K', particularly if something interesting should surface or, God forbid, I have another question.

EDIT: Yes, EDIT...on a positive note, I landed the combo on my first try when i hit training mode, I just hadn't realized that you were supposed to land and then TK the air minute spike, I had been trying to use the HD bypass on an air minute spike after the j.CD before landing.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:39:28 PM by FakeVariable »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 11:01:07 PM »
It actually made me think that you don't have to immediately cancel into the air minute spike on hit.

As long as you're buffering the motion, you could do TK qcb+D on any hit with the j.CD and turn that 80 damage into 127 damage and a lot of distance covered towards the corner. That's some nice stuff right there.

EDIT:

So I managed to do K' midscreen combo and it does about 409 damage. It's pretty input crazy, but if you get it down, you'll be the happiest person alive.

st.C, f+A, qcb+D x2 (whiff the first part immediately into slide), dp+A (1), [DC] qcf+C, f+D, qcb+B, qcb+B (whiff), dp+A  (409)
You can change the last one into dp+C for more damage, but I can't get the combo down consistently so I dunno the exact value.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:18:45 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
After the qcf+C, f+D you should change the ender to f+A, DP+C, f+D for slightly more damage. If you want to spend bar, instead of f+A you can do j.CD, QCB+KK, land, DP+C, f+D or j.CD, land, QCF, HCB+PP, TK QCB+K.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:03:22 PM by Killey »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »
Huh, really? I'll give that a shot. I'm still getting used to the qcf+C cancel so I never took the time to learn how to f+A that. Will give it a shot. That's free extra damage.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »
Huh, really? I'll give that a shot. I'm still getting used to the qcf+C cancel so I never took the time to learn how to f+A that. Will give it a shot. That's free extra damage.

After reading through this thread (I just picked up K' a few days ago) it looks like you can maximize meterless damage by doing f+A, j.CD, QCB+K instead of f+A, DP+C, f+D. I'll have to do some more playing around. The combo videos in this thread was an eye opener to me. Lots of stuff I didn't realize were possible with the character. I really hope I can get the F, D, F shortcut down for the DP+A drive cancel QCF+C because HCB~F+A can get really annoying for me if I have an off day on my execution.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:52:17 PM by Killey »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »
On the subject of doing the dp+A into qcf+C, apparently there is another way to do it. If you do the  ;fd  ;db ;fd way, you don't hit any diagonal forward twice. So it's all good that way. DemoNinja figured out a way to do it without any shortcuts. If you just do the motion for the dp, ;fd ;dn ;df clean, you can do the DP motion.

When I turned inputs on, I noticed what would happen if I tried to do a DP into qcf+C. I'd hit  ;fd before I did the motion for fireball. That made the super came out. If you don't hit forward before doing the fireball motion, the qcf+C will come out. Took me a few minutes, but after that, I could do it pretty easy. So, have to hand it to Demoninja for figuring that out.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »
st.C, f+A, qcb+D x2 (whiff the first part immediately into slide), dp+A (1), [DC] qcf+C, f+D, qcb+B, qcb+B (whiff), dp+A  (409)
You can change the last one into dp+C for more damage, but I can't get the combo down consistently so I dunno the exact value.

does the qcb+B, qcb+B, dp+A/C part only work if the combo wall carries or were you able to get that part to connect midscreen too?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 01:43:50 AM »
You can substitute in qcb+D, qcb+D if you feel you're too far. I already carried the opponent to the wall so I  just went for qcb+B.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 05:31:57 AM »
Once I have meter, d.B x2, EX qcf+P, f+B, dp+A and if I have a drive cancel on the first hit qcf+C, f+D and you can do the following after.

I am really confused with this combo. Do you have to run forward to hit the DP+A?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
Killey, I think he meant to add in qcb+D, qcb+D (whiff) into the combo. You're in too much recovery after the EX fireball to run-up and qcb+D, qcb+D (whiff) works just in this scenario.

Cross up set-up #1: 1 x d.B into regular hop
I've been trying to play with K' cross up setups. They're really hard to do for me! I've found that after 1 d.B, you can cross up on someone. Here's the bad part. You have to do the jump C at a very strict timing to cross up. However, there's an upside to it.

You can make fake-cross ups with K' if you get the timing. You could make someone block the wrong way by doing it early and it's still deep enough of a hop to combo if you get the cross up of your don't. It's really interesting what you can get off of it.

The best way I can think of setting up is this: d.B x2 (Blocked), dash up, d.B (blocked), hop over for cross up

Cross up set-up #2: d.D (sweep) into vertical super jump

If you get a knockdown on someone with a sweep from point blank and they don't tech, you can super jump over them on their wake up and cross-up with hop C. Same thing here, you can do a regular jump and make it a little ambiguous, but unless you walk up a few steps prior, it won't cross up. Hyper hop won't either. You can use blackout to cross up while they're knocked down. The farther you are when the sweep hits, the closer you'll be to them when you get behind them (except in the corner of course). You can use this to stay in your opponent's face instead of going for a cross-up cross up. At the max range of a sweep, you're close enough to do d.B. At point blank, you're safe from most moves. Be weary, if they fall break the sweep, you won't be able to cross up.

Cross up set-up #3: d.b x2, A Ein Trigger, run-up into super jump

You can set someone up for a cross up after this special. You can actually hyper hop using this set-up if they block it. It's self-explanatory. On a knockdown, K' can go for another jump C cross-up. You can time it early to make it not cross-up, but it gives you more control and options after an Ein Trigger. It also gives you more reason not to cancel into Second Shoot or Second Shell when you score a knockdown. If they fall break the knockdown, you won't be able to cross up as easily, but you can still do it.

That's all I got. With his normals really nerfed, his set-ups are kind of weird. Something with a diagonal hitbox is his blowback. Might not hurt to do some research and see if using that to cross-up would work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:04:20 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
Ah, thanks for the information. I noticed doing that will scale the combo quite a bit but at least it's an easier hit confirm.

In terms of cross up set-ups here are the ones I found.

Forward Throw, small hop j.C
You have to wait slightly as your opponent is getting up then small hop j.C. Delay the j.C a bit to hit it as deep as possible.

hop j.CD, land, hop j.C

This was is a lot more tricky as the spacing of where the j.CD is blocked determine whether the hop j.C crosses up, not crosses up, or whiffs. If you hyper hop j.CD from two character spaces away and hit towards the top of the opponent's crouching hit box then a hyper hop j.C (with the j.C delayed a bit) will cross up. If you time the j.C too late it'll whiff and if you time it too soon it won't cross up, which is good in itself. If the j.CD is blocked deeper then the j.C will never cross up.

If you do something like c.Bx2, hop j.CD, land, hop j.C you can cross up the opponent as well. Again, you want to hit towards the top of your opponents hitbox so that it puts you at the right spacing for the j.C to cross up. Timing the j.C a bit later is necessary for the cross up otherwise you end up having it hit in front or whiffing altogether.

Keep in mind these cross ups only work if the opponent is crouching. I haven't played around if they are standing but from my experiences with KoF you're either jumping or super jumping for a standing opponent cross up.

MyvTeddy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2012, 02:53:29 AM »
So, um I need a bit of help.

I'm stuck on trial 3 for K. The problem is the  f.A, qcb+K~qcb+K.

I can't figure out the timing or spot to input the qcb. It either comes out or it doesn't at all and whenever I do, I can't seem to get the second qcb+k to cancel in time for the slide kick.

:( halp?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 04:00:50 AM »
So, um I need a bit of help.

I'm stuck on trial 3 for K. The problem is the  f.A, qcb+K~qcb+K.

I can't figure out the timing or spot to input the qcb. It either comes out or it doesn't at all and whenever I do, I can't seem to get the second qcb+k to cancel in time for the slide kick.

:( halp?
i would recommend you start as soon as you see the f.A about to hit. just keep practicing the qcb kick motion too.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 04:50:41 AM »
Yea, even if it's for the trial, learning this is very important.