Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120844 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »
Hey, that's awesome! I don't mind a little dashing as long as there's a reliable midscreen combo that can be done for some drive.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »
Hey, that's awesome! I don't mind a little dashing as long as there's a reliable midscreen combo that can be done for some drive.

Also, no matter where you are on screen, even if your ass is in your own corner, it WILL carry the opponent to the other corner no matter what.  It takes a bit of practice to get used to because it feels a bit weird.  But yeah, there you go.

The irony is, through learning this and doing a lot better at the Narrow Spike link...I can't do the damn DP+A [DC] QCF+C anymore T_T.  I had it down pat a while ago with the longcut and everything, and now I can't do it anymore for crap off of the Narrow Spike.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2012, 02:02:58 AM »

Also, no matter where you are on screen, even if your ass is in your own corner, it WILL carry the opponent to the other corner no matter what.  It takes a bit of practice to get used to because it feels a bit weird.  But yeah, there you go.

The irony is, through learning this and doing a lot better at the Narrow Spike link...I can't do the damn DP+A [DC] QCF+C anymore T_T.  I had it down pat a while ago with the longcut and everything, and now I can't do it anymore for crap off of the Narrow Spike.

I learned a trick on how to do that, Saitsu. What you do is not do the longcut, it's not the important part. Got this from DemoNinja, but what you do is you do the exact inputs for the dp. f, d, df. Do not hit forward again before doing qcf+C. It works! You see, normally, people don't do the exact input and they hit forward or df twice before doing the qcf motion and that makes the super come out. If you turn on inputs and try it, you'll see you can do it easy!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2012, 02:45:26 AM »
Reiki, I'm aware and I tried that.  However, after 3+ years of over extending at least on P1 side of my DP's, it becomes annoying.  I can do it P2 side easier for mechanical reasons (however this also tends to screw me in EX Kyo HD combos).

Plus there's no guarantee that in the heart of battle, I won't screw it up and burn unnecessary meter by mistake.

Besides, it's not so much my inability to do it that's the problem, it's the fact that I had the DC DOWN not too long ago and now I suck at it.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
Reiki, I'm aware and I tried that.  However, after 3+ years of over extending at least on P1 side of my DP's, it becomes annoying.  I can do it P2 side easier for mechanical reasons (however this also tends to screw me in EX Kyo HD combos).

Plus there's no guarantee that in the heart of battle, I won't screw it up and burn unnecessary meter by mistake.

Besides, it's not so much my inability to do it that's the problem, it's the fact that I had the DC DOWN not too long ago and now I suck at it.

Okie doke. Well, it's not entirely necessary. If you can get the narrow spike slide to combo, that's plenty for midscreen combos to stick. That's great right there. The dp into fireball is good damage, but not a necessity for strong K' play.

I feel what really should be highlighted is the changes to Ein Trigger's C version. In arcade, you never used C unless to induce more block stun. Even then, not so useful. Here, it makes the Second Shoot move faster and the Second Shell has a large horizontal space (You can catch people pretty easy when they try to roll through it.)

I think understanding when to use these tools at neutral other than doing combos will be the most useful.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:05 AM »
That would be nice to know.  Because if I do indeed go to Winter Brawl, I might use K' and he'd be about 2 weeks old at best.

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
There's a shortcut for dp into qcf motion - do dp normally then just tap forward again.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »
Yes, but it's way too finicky for K' outside of HD mode.

foger

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
you can always try 632146A + qcfC, works for me and my execution sucks

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
Yes I know, and that's the longcut I'm using, but for some reason I suck at it now.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »
So I think we should take K' a step further and probably analyze some of our progress with him and matches we've been in. Would you guys wanna do some analyzing on how I use K'? I'm not going to say looking at my videos will make you improve or that critiquing my play is just beneficial to me. I think we need something to start off with.

Since I'm being recorded every other week, my footage is easy to get to. What do you think?

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2012, 12:36:58 AM »
That would be cool unfortunately I dont have a lot of matches recorded other than some of the Wednesday EXDragonProject Rbs. 

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2012, 01:38:30 AM »
http://youtu.be/cmG8KgSSlDk?t=1h37m27s
Reiki.Kito vs. RogerDodger

http://youtu.be/cmG8KgSSlDk?t=1h58m4s
Reiki.Kito vs. Geo.YUC

http://youtu.be/Mew4zzPWx74?t=16m35s
Reiki.Kito vs. N4US

Here are my most recent matches.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
Just a few things to note

Match vs Roger Dodger:
- Its not advantageous to fire off a trigger after blocking an opponents cr.B (Yuri) as it comes out too slow, most likely did it by accident.  Better off retaliating with a cr.B or if you notice a pause best to backdash to observe your opponent's habit (in this case Yuri's running command grab).  Or you could small jump back air CD instead, which if whiffs and creates space gives you time to see how the opponent then approaches; jumpin or run in. 

- Noticed you go for Minutes spike after your opponent block's string ended in Second shot, which is risky but good to keep pressure on your opponent who might be anxious to get back in after keeping them out for long.  Its better to use EX Minutes spike into Narrow Spike which is 100% safe so you can still keep the pressure on them.

- Pro tip against Yuri's dive kick: just jump up.  Depending on the angle of decent and how late you react it will make the dive kick whiff and free to retaliate back

Otherwise good stuff

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
Thanks! I think this is helpful not just for me, but in showing some K' matches to see what we're up against.