Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120815 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »
Jumping out of Yuri's dive kick pressure is not an ideal answer. It's one thing you can do to get out of the dive kick pressure but the opponent can adapt and start using s.B OS into demon flip. If you get tagged out of the air with s.B they'll do demon flip throw after and you're back into an unfavorable situation. It's something worth using ocassionally as the opponent can mix in the command grab but just be weary that jumping out is not completely safe.

K' DP is also not a really good answer to Yuri's dive kick because of his DP arc is too horizontal and doesn't cover directly above his head. Might have to time it later but there's a lot of ways for Yuri to stuff the DP or make it whiff.

You're looking at finding patterns or gaps and rolling backwards/forwards, c.C, s.A, s.D, jumping out or guard cancel roll/blowback as being your options against Yuri divekick pressure. Also, just blocking is an answer but Yuri has so many ways to open you up still.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »
That is why I mentioned "Depending on the angle of decent and how late you react".  Never pre-empt a dive kick for the reason mentioned above.  The dive kick doesn't actually come out as quick as you think.  

Try experimenting in casuals against a Yuri player. 

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
Samson K vs. Saitsuofleaves KOFXIII Test Upload

I pretty much made this to test out how my Logitech Cam would fare doing uploads of replays.  Meh quality, but at this point we don't have a lot of replays.

The reason I put it here instead of the Terry thread where I planned on doing so, is because the person I faced had a beast K'.  I had pretty much phoned it in early (it was 1 AM and I just needed one match for a replay to try it out) which is why I was doing so much random crap with my Kensou, but then his K' beat me down.

We had 10 matches which I mostly don't have because I habitually skipped the replay save since I never used it before.  His K' read me like a book completely.

Anyway, like I said, this is just a test run.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2012, 01:18:03 AM »
He really utilized the Narrow spike to get it into a slide position really fast. I figure if you just blocked low, he wouldn't have felt so at liberty to slide, but I'm also not sure if, at that spacing, it would have been safe.

He had really good reactions. Any slide was met with a full combo from dp+A which is very good to do.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2012, 01:29:04 AM »
It was 1 AM and online...I'm only human.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2012, 02:17:19 AM »
It was 1 AM and online...I'm only human.

Not knocking your gameplay, Saitsu, just saying inner thinking that came out in words. I'm sorry. Oh, I was also wondering. What do you think of Super HD Bypassing. Where you can do a super that's either a punch or a kick, but use CB instead to HD bypass.

I tried it with Terry and it's freakin' retarded.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2012, 02:53:01 AM »
Uh, depends on the Super I guess.  Works better with characters that have better DMs in Neutral.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2012, 03:58:29 AM »
Uh, depends on the Super I guess.  Works better with characters that have better DMs in Neutral.

You can combo it. Like st.D into qcf x2 +CB would link. You could do st.C, f+A, qcf, hcb+CB and that should link too.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
I'm aware of that.  But in most cases you can combo into it, you probably could've gone into HD mode and at least added a couple more hits unless it affects scaling.

Being used on better neutral DM's makes it better because they're more likely to be used and turn the tide.  Like say...EX Buster Wolf HD Bypass through a projectile into Trinity Geyser.  A lot of meters but the opponent will likely be too terrified to every throw that many neutral projectile again.

Or the usual fun stuff of Command Grab DM HD Bypass into Neomax for a decent amount of characters.

sir_arthur

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
Hi everyone, im fairly new to the site but not to KOF, and ive been playing K for a while now, but havent figured out, whats the input for qcb K after EX Chain Drive, ive tried buffering, tking, etc with no success

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
You have to TK it the moment you see him fall down. Its not easy, but just keep trying. Its just a matter if timing.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2012, 01:26:22 AM »
Hi everyone, im fairly new to the site but not to KOF, and ive been playing K for a while now, but havent figured out, whats the input for qcb K after EX Chain Drive, ive tried buffering, tking, etc with no success

You can also buffer a backdash during the recovery of the move and do an air minute spike from the backdash, for it to work you have to do it right as you leave the ground or right before you land though.  For some reason this method works better for me than TKing it, both methods definitely work though so you should use the way that works best for you.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »
it's not worth doing at all because you can get an extra 20 or 30 points of damage and have to drive cancel it with EX air Minute Spike which you're already wasting 3 meters and a drive to keep the combo going

not a great idea to learn it since you can miss it and eat a shit of damage since the recovery sucks for it.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
The extra damage is always useful and the option's there. The EX Chain Drive super does crappy damage by itself, but the opportunity to combo after it is what really makes it strong. The last 2-3 hits of the super are also unscaled/true damage so you're getting a consistent value as Air Minute spike doesn't get lower than 10 dmg.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
[KoF13] Part 1 - 3v3 Team Tournament Cafe Id

I'd say the K' in this video was pretty on point.  I especially liked the EX Minute Spike HD Bypass into full combo.