Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 121569 times)

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2012, 02:07:25 AM »
Off of the st C > fA chain the minute spike is pretty easy. Buffer the first 214B(D) early and then buffer another one to release the instant it comes out. It's not the largest window but with a bit of practice it should come out 100%. Doing it raw you more or less just have to do it fast. I do it with nearly super timing (reverse heat chain) just with a tiny gap between the 214 buffers to tap a B or D.

Thanks Reiki for the tip about guard point, I'm gonna go test that.

edit: you guys DON'T like doing the 632146A (DC) 236C? It's like a source of pride for me now, thinking back to how hard this game was to start, and now I'm doing half circle back > forward for DPs of all things hahaha.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:50:36 AM by LAB Falken »

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2012, 06:20:13 AM »
Not really lol. Its not that its too hard or anything but it feels like a weird input. Plus muscle memory makes us auto pilot other moves. Its like being used to an orthodox stance and switching to southpaw to do the same 1 2 3.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
I am not used to the half circle back, forward motion. It feels really, really weird. But then again, a year ago, I had issues doing half-circle back let alone two of them so I feel like my execution's gotten better.

Either way, it's still annoying as hell. >.<

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
The motion maybe a little awkward but it's worth committing to muscle memory because that's K' most damaging drive cancel corner combo.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
Fuck  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd+LP >  ;dn ;df ;fd+HP, I'm going for  ;fd ;df+LP >  ;dn ;df ;fd+HP

It has been working for me more than the other mode. Also I'm doing this on pad, and mentally I'm doing  ;fd ;df , but it seems the game registers  ;fd ;dn ;fd instead. So it works for me, hopefully this helps others. Of course, I need to practice it more for it to work 100%, but it has been more successful for me this way.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2012, 05:42:51 AM »
I feel it's easy to drop it if it's not committed to muscle memory as well as it being a super long motion.

I've seen a lot of different ones too. Some suggested you do the motion, but don't do the  ;fd after the DP motion. That does work, but stick control is the issue. You have to be very comfortable or it won't work at all.

There's also the, what seems to be, 1-frame link method where you do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd and just slide tap over  ;a then  ;c. They all work, but no matter what, it's going to be difficult to master.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
I have a question, is there any benefit of using  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;c outside the combo area?

I always use LP version, even for zoning but recently I been wondering if there is any benefits of using the HP version.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2012, 11:54:53 PM »
I have a question, is there any benefit of using  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;c outside the combo area?

I always use LP version, even for zoning but recently I been wondering if there is any benefits of using the HP version.

Can help you with that.

I mentioned this on the wiki. The Light Punch version launches the fireball slower and most of the follow ups have lower active frames and range. The good part about the A version is that it causes knockdowns and it combos easy for more follow ups. Other positive is that it recovers much faster and provides you with great blockstun at the tip of the move.

The Heavy Punch version of Ein Trigger is much more active for a longer amount of time. You can use it even when someone's knocked down as a meaty move to keep them in blockstun or even combo off of it if it hits. The "longer active" frames extend to all the follow ups as well. Second shoot flies faster when you use the C version and Second Shell lasts a lot longer and has more horizontal range than the A version. It's good to keep it in mind for zoning and keeping people out to use the C version, but to switch to the A version for combos. From a random hit, you won't get a full combo, but enough to really irritate your opponent.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:08 AM »
^ As expected, for instinct I use A version instead of C. I need to change that in my gameplan for now on. Thanks for the extra info Reiki!

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:01 AM »
Midscreen use A version to knock people down and push them towards the corner during combos. For example after  ;dn ;b x 2 hitconfirm. The C version followed by Second Shoot is always guaranteed off of this regardless of range, mostly due to the speed of C version Second Shoot. However, since A knocks down, even if the Second Shoot doesn't combo, you can use it to knock them towards the corner and then force them to block the Second Shoot, allowing some pressure. Use C version midscreen if you are really desperate for the extra damage and you want to be absolutely sure.

The frame data on the wiki seems to indicate that both versions of Ein Trigger are the same on block (-5). Reiki, are you sure the A version recovers faster?

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:13 AM »
Perhaps he was referring faster recovery on whiff. On block they do give the same amount of block stun.

Crowe

• New Challenger
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
Ive nearly always been of the party opposed to using K' in console, but I recently picked him up again (for the first time since 2002) and put him back on my main team, the problem I'm facing is that I'm having difficulty with his HD combo, are their any shortcuts for the spike/bite loops? (PS: I'm not performing the neo max on account of the scaling)
K' / Saiki / Shen Woo (Benimaru Sub)

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »
Just make sure to input minute spike as soon as the first hit of crow bite connects. After that just follow a rhythm.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
repoost from oki page, if anyone had posted this before forgive me.

I've come up with a safe jump setup with K'.

This is in particular very good for point K', as there is often times when you cannot go for an optimal 1b1d combo due to meter constraints. Some characters can use their fastest DPs or EX DPs to go through, as I continue to test I will complete the listing below.

st C > 236A > fB > st A > neutral hop B.

You can instead go for 623C off the fB, and get some more damage out of it, but I would honestly use a safe jump setup in this particular instance more often than not, as you are granted free pressure as a result.

People it doesn't work on:

Ash (d~u+B and d~u+BD)
Normal Kyo (623A and 623AC)
Benimaru (623BD)
Daimon can at best make it whiff with his invincible throw.
Terry (d~u+AC)
Saiki (236236K)
Ryo (623A and 623AC)
Robert (623A and 623AC)
Takuma (hcb+BD, hcf+BD guard point will absorb the hit but the fireball will whiff, of fhcf A, C and AC will absorb the hit but the fireball itself will be blocked)
Mr Karate (623A is the only move I could find that beat it)
Iori (623A and 623AC and hcf AC, EX maiden masher as well)
Mature (623AC allows for escape)
Elisabeth (hcbf AC, 214AC)
Duo Lon (236BD allows for escape)
Shen (CABC)
Kim (d~u+BD)
Tested everything but Raiden's 30~s drop kick.
King (236236A or AC)
Yuri (623A)
Kula (623C, 623AC)- Is her C crow bite really faster than her A? Probably the strangest thing I found out during this testing.
Athena (hcf+A and hcf+C, AC is too fast. hcbx2A and EX also work)
Chin (hcb+B, hcb+BD)
Clark (he can hcf+B it but you can jump out)
Leona (d~u+AC)

Let me know if you guys find any other escapes or if my information is erroneous, thanks.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
Kula's C crow bite hits on the first frame as far as I know.