Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120839 times)

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2012, 07:16:36 AM »
How good would you guys say is his ex blackout for escaping pressure? Comparable to Athena or Duolon's?

The guard point frames on his ex spike are brutal, you pretty much need parry timing.

To get out of the corner I prefer to do his qcfx2+P super, puts you really far away and you can do it out of a blocked DP. Only few characters can really punish you out of this.

Just be careful not to get counter hit.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2012, 07:46:13 AM »
The only problem is if someone presses buttons on your wake-up, they will poke you out of it.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »
All options have a risk, there is a safe option unfortunately. You can also just block and do a throwback, in the end you will use meter.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
Thanks guys.

BTW why does the wiki say qcf qcf+P super goes through fireballs? I tried it against King's yesterday and at no point did it seem to have any form of invincibility on it.

All options have a risk, there is a safe option unfortunately. You can also just block and do a throwback, in the end you will use meter.

ex blackout = tons of invincibility
heat drive = zero invincibility

No idea why someone would pick the latter over the former to escape pressure.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:25:46 PM by Diavle »

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »
Thanks guys.

BTW why does the wiki say qcf qcf+P super goes through fireballs? I tried it against King's yesterday and at no point did it seem to have any form of invincibility on it.

ex blackout = tons of invincibility
heat drive = zero invincibility

No idea why someone would pick the latter over the former to escape pressure.

Maybe they meant qcf hcb>P?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »
Maybe they meant qcf hcb>P?

They mention it for both.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »
Hey guys I changed it...I can't believe that error has been sitting there for so long , thanks for catching it.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=K%27_%28XIII%29#Desperation_Moves
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:53:35 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »
I dunno how I missed that.

In any case, I've been playing with black out a little more. I'm starting to use it more when my opponent is least expecting it, but I'm still pretty afraid to use it for fear of a full combo.

However, there's uses outside of it. A person on SRK mentioned his idea of how K' plays and gains meter. He stated that K' as a zoner gains very little meter unless the person is haphazardly attacking him. I feel like I agree. He needs to be up close and in people's faces. His normals aren't very dangerous if they're telegraphed.

Although it's a safejump setup, I think doing A ein trigger into black out is better. Checking the meter usage, you gain just a little meter from hitting them with a fireball. Closer to the corner, hitting someone with a fireball could lead to a full combo, but midscreen, you don't gain any full combo from hitting someone with a fireball.

With the teleport, you can push people with the D teleport really close or get a guaranteed cross-up setup from the teleport. You're always able to be close enough to keep the pressure going where as the fireball might miss, you lose positioning, you lose your safe jump set up, and your opponent is too far away to do anything. You're back to zoning and remember, he's not gaining meter that way.

What do you think? Is it a better idea to use the black out derivative after ein trigger instead of the fireball to push people to the corner?

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2012, 12:44:28 AM »
Using blackout is very risky, it is very easy to see it coming and you are vulnerable throughout the animation (unless it is the EX version) but you guys already know that. The times Ive used it the way you mentioned, Ive been lucky enough to get my opponent to commit to my pressure like that. What I do use Trigger > Blackout is to switch my position when zoning my opponent. A lot of K' players like to throw Trigger by itself from across the screen with the occasional shoot and shell. Many times players will telegraph it and jump over and punish. By using trigger > blackout you will keep your opponent guessing on your position and avoid jump in attacks.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:21:21 PM by bopper »

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 22, 2012, 02:21:00 AM »
Cool stuff, similar to some of the stuff I've been working on, albeit my ideas aren't as complex/meter heavy. Though I do have to say, it's pretty easy to do high damage starting off of CH j.CD in the corner. I'm still working on just regular j.CD hit, since I think it's a really good poke for K' and he gets way more damage off of it than he deserves.

Nagato1992

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »
A couple of K' combos by bubblan:

http://youtu.be/0UURY_54OUU

http://youtu.be/yBWaU0QXwz0

http://youtu.be/yBWaU0QXwz0

The 8CD starter is cool, but the 6A afterwards is not cool in an actual match, might as well just 2149+ ;b ;c then air 214 ;b ;d to get something going.  Cool concept though.

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2012, 10:22:16 PM »
So my buddy just got some new stream gear and we decided to test it with a good 1-2 hours of matches. I came in with the intent of putting K' on point cause I was told my K' was my weakest character. Bar the first 3-4 matches, I put K' on point, and I'd really like some critiques about my K' play and just my play in general.

http://www.twitch.tv/soulslayerwind/b/329725444

First off the bat, some things to know:
- Don't mind the missed HD combos. For some reason that day, the neomax refused to come out. I -used- to just do 2 hcbs just so I can be precise on the inputs, till I figured out I could just do 2 360 motions and it'll come out. Just didn't happen that day :(
- I'm still working on the dp to trigger drive cancel outside of HD mode. I will fully admit that I still suck at doing hcb-f to qcf.

Questions:
- How is my general movement with K'? With my characters in general?
- Any details I can do to improve my gameplay outside of just "learn better combos?"
- Are my combos optimal?
- Any flaws in my gameplay in a fundamental standpoint?

Thanks for helping me guys!

P.S: Please don't mind the sound problems. We just got it that day and I was having trouble setting it up. Not too good on the computer knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:24:04 PM by FullMetal »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:16 PM »
Okay, so I took a look at about 3 matches and I noticed something I consistently have a problem with too.

You're incredibly stingy with your meter. With the changes made to K, you can't do that, you have to let it rip.

Also, off a jump in, unless you're intending to use some meter, you're intending to cross up, or you're intending for them to block, why are you doing d.B off a jump-in? You should know, as many times as you've jumped in on someone, that doing d.B into Ein Trigger (A), into second shoot won't work. You have to use EX meter to make it combo. And a lot of the time you did have the meter when you poke him. Since K' can HD bypass off a normal if the opponent is high enough, you can always go to HD mode (If you really want to) when you get that corner carry combo off.

Your opponent seemed to play a lot of grappler characters. If you're not comfortable using alternate guard, you should sniff for a reversal. The light version is a lot less punishable with the same invulnerability you need. A pro-tip against Clark is you can try to throw them on wake-up and if he did the guardpoint grab, buffer in your A or C dp to hit him out of it. Characters like Daimon and Takuma have delayed grabs they can do if they stagger them on your wake up. You can use K' Chain Drive DM to reversal it (though it's risky) because the move is throw invulnerable, you can't be thrown while doing it.

Fundamentally speaking, your ground game has to diversify. You run up and throw low B's or jump (which kind of ends your ground game). I also know how hard it is to do something different with K', trust me, but if you throw out different normals like d.A or do a short into a sweep, maybe even d.C, that makes a difference. They won't figure you out and maybe even guard cancel out of your blockstrings. Mix it up whenever you can. And work on those jump-ins! Hitting them a little too high!

You're doing okay and you're playing patient, that's good! You just have to work on capitalizing on the small windows of opportunity K' can provide for bigger damage/better positioning.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:15:42 PM by Reiki.Kito »