Author Topic: Kula Diamond (Console)  (Read 59480 times)

No Limitz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kula Diamond (Console)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45:42 AM »
Hmm that was poorly worded...
A better question is; are there any ways to use standalone one-inch?

And hey Mirror, didn't I just play you online? lol

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 03:35:15 AM »
You could possibly use it as a frame trap. i'm not really sure after what though. It'd be risky.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »
Are people having a hard time with this character or something? I just don't see too many people using Kula anymore and I haven't seen or found anything new with her in the console version. It's kinda saddening, since I'm actually a loyal Kula player.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
to No Limitz maybe I don't remember. I just mess around online alot.

for Kula if she has full HD with almost no hp and you wanna be a scumbag do this:

raw Ice Slide -> Does it hit?

Yes) cool let it rock
No) then HD Cancel then backdash or jump or whatever you can then HD combo or Max Cancel etc

I call it the Scumbag style

I used it alot back then in Arcade Version since it's very....stupid. =D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:26:27 AM by DJMirror949 »

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
Hmm that was poorly worded...
A better question is; are there any ways to use standalone one-inch?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "stand alone," but after EX Diamond Breath in the corner, you can naked One Inch, activate HD, One Inch again, then light Crow Bites into hard Lay Spin, light Lay Spin with Forward+B followup and continue the loop from there.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
Are people having a hard time with this character or something? I just don't see too many people using Kula anymore and I haven't seen or found anything new with her in the console version. It's kinda saddening, since I'm actually a loyal Kula player.

Kula has some anti-air weaknesses.  Her DP is awful and if it hits a crouched player she can be punished by a full combo.  Her down C is -17 on block/whiff so it's also full combo punishable.  That leaves stand A and stand B as her quickest/safest anti-airs, which aren't going to cut it vs air CDs and the like.  I feel Counter Shell isn't as powerful as 2002 either, it seems to have a smaller hitbox and fewer active frames.  Not as good vs air as I remember, but that might just be my perception.  Her ability to control space is also drastically reduced from 2002.

That said, lots of characters have poor anti-air options and can still do just fine.  She has great hitconfirms, corner to corner combos, a decent damage to meter spent ratio and the absolute best anti-projectile skills in the game.  I think King is going to become more popular so having some skill with Kula might come in handy.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 02:56:17 AM »
Added more information to Kula's wiki, including general summaries of her role, strengths and weaknesses and a handful of HD combos.  There's still a lot more info to add and I'd appreciate input from other Kula players, especially if they have some 100% HDs they're willing to share.  The more concise we can make the her wiki the better.

No Limitz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
+1 for weak anti airs, c.C looks like it has an amazing hit box but the speed and not to mention the lack of disjointed hit boxes means it's going to trade a lot. I'm not even sure about the active frames on it; I've tried throwing it out preemptively and had jump ins go right through. =_=
The non EX Crow Bites seem like they have barely any IFs and end up trading all the time. Pretty sure Kula has no IFs by the time she leaves the ground. I always trade with j.CDs and end up flying across the screen lol.
I just stick with hop B for my anti-air.

Also you could still hit a crouching opponent with C Crow Bite if you space it far enough so that the first hit is the air hit instead of the ground hit. (c.B x 3, s.B xx C DP from point blank works but c.B x 2, s.B doesn't)

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »
Was wondering if someone could test something for me.   I've been trying to do dp+C DCed into Ex Diamond Breath, but I can't get it to come out unless I'm in HD mode.  Can anyone verify if this is a forced limitation?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 12:07:07 AM »
Have you done a perfect DP motion and then try Diamond Breath?  Have you tried TKing the Diamond Breath?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 12:21:41 AM »
I think so.  She'll sometimes do regular diamond breath but I can't get EX to come out outside of HD mode.  Were you able to do it?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 03:15:38 AM »
Jenny, check this out, you can do it even fast with st.CD instead of just st.C...might have to change that on the wiki ;)

Kula's amazing 5A
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:17:56 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »
Still looking for confirmation about dp+C into EX Diamond Breath.  The Shoryuken and Dreamcancel wikis don't list it as drive-cancellable (though it is in HD mode), but my friend swears up and down he can do it outside of HD.  Unfortunately he couldn't reproduce it online, so... I still have no proof or ability to execute it myself.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
It's working but it requires a timing.
You must do 6523+C 6+ AC but the 6523 + C must be done really fast and at the instant you have been pressing the 6 you input the C and then 6 + AC (there is a timing for the 6 motion) and same thing once you have push 6 you must press AC.

I think it's hard because of the lenght of the buffer. which lets you do it but it's strict enough to don't let you if you don't want it. Bcause any loose timing will break this trick.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo