Author Topic: Kula Diamond (Console)  (Read 59499 times)

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kula Diamond (Console)
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
For some reason I catch people most of the time with sB> (A) diamond breath. The C version is too slow.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
Does anyone know any frame trap with Kula? I'm trying to relearn her and I realized that I need to apply frametrap in my game to stop players pressing buttons like Ralf & Iori, thanks everyone

If you Diamond Breath C while the opponent is waking up, you get up to 11 frames of advantage to do whatever you want (within those 11 frames).  St.B/cr.B in the corner after Diamond Breath will catch a lot of people as well.  Something you might want to try is using her cr.D (the farthest edge of it) into C Diamond Breath.  It's punishable with a jump but if the opponent hesitates and jumps too late or tries to punish during the startup, they often get hit which is really awesome.  I stagger my low pokes into sweeps and do that.  If they get wise and start jumping it I switch to Diamond Breath A.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:43:39 PM by JennyCage »
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

mrshmearo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
I can not land this combo for the life of me and I'm not sure which part I am timing wrong  :(

j.C, st.C, f+A, qcb+B~f+D, dp+C (DC) qcb+BD~f+D, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C. It's the corner carry combo midscreen. Any advice?

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »
you just have to input the DP+C the later possible frame before the drive cancel

mrshmearo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »
Ah, Alright I'll try that. Thanks

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 07:12:39 PM »
Not a whole lot of Kula love it seems. I started using her and she's really fun to use. I'm contemplating replacing Joe with her as my point character since I'm having a tough time with Joe's stun combo.

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
I have a question for all icegirl lover I saw a lot videos of her, I main her but when I have a full HD bar with 2 stock, if I can I use her HD combos for 720+ damage but why people always use her 2 stock 2 drive drivecancel combos for 535 damage for the same ressources? I can understand

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »
The only reason I could see someone doing it is if they fucked up their hitconfirm and went into a regular bnb that they want to convert into a kill.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »
Ok it's strange because the bnb 
cl.C, f+A, qcb+B~f+D, dp+C (DC) qcb+BD~f+D, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C,(DC) qcb+BD~f+D, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C 2bar 2drive for 550
 it's easy and corner carries but the HD combo for the same it's easy and corner carries too
 cl.C, f+A (HDA) cl.C, f+A, qcb+B~f+D, dp+A (DC) qcb+D, dp+C (DC) qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, dp+A (DC) qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, (MC) neomax 720+
it's very easy it's not like you play a tricky character like Leona i play her too or Ash the only person I saw save his drive for HD with kula it's madkof and. She builds bar like a monster truck perhaps people don't want to take risk it's only my advice but it's a shame in a lot of video if people use the HD when they have the ressources over the bnb they should have the kill.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
its just bad meter management or lack of execution. not everyone can HD at any given moment on all their chars for all meter costs. this person probly knows the combo, but doesnt feel confident landing it. spending the 2 bar 2 drive will do more damage than screwing up the HD combo.

as for me i just consider it practice, hope for the best, and let it rip at any possible moment if the amount of life calls for it.

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »
For some reason I catch people most of the time with sB> (A) diamond breath. The C version is too slow.

Really useful since you can get a whole combo. I've been working on a lot of other attack options too.

If you cancel from Kula's st.B to (A) Diamond Breath, the st.B causes enough hitstun to allow (A) Diamond Breath to stuff your opponent's jump/hop. On block it doesn't work though (st.B causes shorter blockstun than hitstun) so your opponent could hold up-forward do a full jump-in combo over whiffed (A) Diamond Breath. If you have opponent near wall and you stuff a jump with (A) Diamond Breath, your opponent actually launches up high enough to follow up with a decent combo: (D) Ray Spin, (B) Ray Spin-Stand, (C) Crow Bites. If they were on the ground when they got hit, I think you can just do (B) Ray Spin

If you confirm to st.B or use it standalone, here are some followup options even on block.
1. Wait (antiair if they jump, punish if they use an unsafe invincible special)
2. st.B again (stuffs jumps, repressures/frametraps if they stay put)
3. Walk up cr.B st.B (reconfirms/repressures)
4. Risk a walk up throw.
5. Cancel to (B) Ray Spin (antiairs jumps, and mixup game on block except when opponent blows meter on a good punish)
6. Cancel to (D) Ray Spin (antiairs jumps for more damage, can be followed up with (C) Crow Bites if close enough but experienced opponents will punish big if they read it)
7. Cancel to (EX) Diamond Breath (stuffs jumps before opponent is able to leave ground)
8. Cancel to (EX) Ray Spin (with Stand followup about 30% guard crush and -1 on block, with no followup +1 so can bait even 1f command grabs against inexperienced opponents)

An opponent's invincible special will blow up pretty much anything you cancel into, so baiting is a great low-risk high-payout option once you can recognize your opponent feels pressured.
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
Every time I do slider shoot by accident, I wish SNK would've made the input for it df+D instead of B.  :(

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
Every time I do slider shoot by accident, I wish SNK would've made the input for it df+D instead of B.  :(
I get punished with full combos for that too when people roll through me :( It always seems to be a crap shoot whether or not the opponent will be able to block it or get their roll punished by it. You can make a habit of option selecting a block with your first cr.B by holding down-back as you hit B, but switch immediately after to neutral crouch B to prevent the possibility of accidental Slider Shoot when opponent crosses you up. Thankfully your opponent can't roll through you quickly enough to reverse your inputs (so you won't Slider Shoot). If you're quick enough and aren't mashing cr.B too much, you can react to the roll with a throw or full combo (starting with cl.C-f.A). Otherwise, catch them with st.B or cr.B-st.B. Keep in mind that your opponent may roll far enough past you that you can't connect two light normals after they roll, so you might only have time for st.B as their roll ends. For guaranteed combos, cancel it into df.B, qcbBD followed up with dpC, or dpC.

Note about dpC. It may not knock a croucher down. However, you can always attempt to drive cancel it to B Ray Spin (qcbB). What's great is that if it would knock down, the drive cancel isn't possible so you save the meter, but if it doesn't knock down, you'll get the drive cancel to qcbB so you can set up the knockdown anyway by doing followup f.D slide then dpC.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:50:49 PM by karn »
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Karn if you have anything you want to add to the wiki then let me know... i can post it for you...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »
Also happens to me a lot when trying to anti-air c.B and they cross over.