Author Topic: EX Iori (Flames)  (Read 80953 times)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
Re: EX Iori (Flames)
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »
How do you do that 2 hits with Rekka into c version of DP without drive canceling? I'm having an hard time like is it a timing thing or I have to cancel the Rekka faster? Thank you

What you have to do is empty cancel it. After you do your second rekka you wait until the rekka is no longer drive cancelable then input maiden masher super (qcfhcb+p) and it pretty much cancels/lessens the recovery of the rekka and you can follow up after it.

It's not hard just practice it and you'll get it!

Alchemist

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
How do you do that 2 hits with Rekka into c version of DP without drive canceling? I'm having an hard time like is it a timing thing or I have to cancel the Rekka faster? Thank you

What you have to do is empty cancel it. After you do your second rekka you wait until the rekka is no longer drive cancelable then input maiden masher super (qcfhcb+p) and it pretty much cancels/lessens the recovery of the rekka and you can follow up after it.

It's not hard just practice it and you'll get it!

When I try to empty cancel the second recca into a late maiden masher input I get standing C. Am I supposed to cancel later?

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »
Probably earlier if you are getting a normal out.

Alchemist

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:15 PM »

Hmm.. I'll try that tomorrow then. The standing C is a pretty useful reset and you don't have to worry about spending meter super cancelling by mistake.

I'll try it regardless. If you can do recca recca C dp then you should be able to recca recca super without spending drive. That bumps up his damage by quite a bit and makes him miles better than claw Iori :-)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2012, 03:42:46 PM »

Hmm.. I'll try that tomorrow then. The standing C is a pretty useful reset and you don't have to worry about spending meter super cancelling by mistake.

I'll try it regardless. If you can do recca recca C dp then you should be able to recca recca super without spending drive. That bumps up his damage by quite a bit and makes him miles better than claw Iori :-)

Flame Iori's Normal maiden masher is 10 frames where C Onyaki is 6. Flame Iori can do it with his ex super yes but not his normal super.

also It doesn't make him better than Claw Iori by any means because claw Iori can still pull a lot more damage in the corner with EX qcb+P> qcb+a loops But this isn't the place to discuss this.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:47:01 PM by Crimson_King15 »

Makoto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
So what are some of the standard Oki setups for Iori off of the rekka ender and Kototsuki In?

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »
Hey, as Iori I'm having troubles dealing with characters with long range pokes in the corner (Kula, Fireball characters, Ralf), particularly with fast standing normals. What are my options out of this type of pressure as Iori? Mainly stumped because his longest range punish is the unsafe sweep, most of my counter poke attempts are snuffed by their faster longer range stuff, and the characters I'm having troubles dealing with can stand far outside my dp range (in range to snuff most of my jump in's on reaction). I've only consistently been able to get out using meter, EX dp sometimes, or a GC roll/cd. Similar issues with King, not so much with Shen.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:00:50 PM by Mr.Minionman »

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
I'm having trouble empty canceling his second rekka into dp or super. I spent the past 2 hours in practice mode trying to do it and still no luck. Can someone show me how its done? If I wait too long to cancel my opponent falls to the ground and if too fast I get a super cancel. If I'm not asking too much, a vid showing the hands would be helpful thx!!

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
It's fairly simple actually, you just need to get your head around the fact that you need to practice it, a lot.

The simplest way of doing this is as follows: As soon as you press the  ;a or ;c for the second rekka you need to input the  ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk motion, and don't press the  ;a or ;c untill the rekka hits, I assure you, you won't get the DM cancel and will be able to follow up with the dp afterwards.

Practice practice practice.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2012, 08:19:24 AM »
It's fairly simple actually, you just need to get your head around the fact that you need to practice it, a lot.

The simplest way of doing this is as follows: As soon as you press the  ;a or ;c for the second rekka you need to input the  ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk motion, and don't press the  ;a or ;c untill the rekka hits, I assure you, you won't get the DM cancel and will be able to follow up with the dp afterwards.

Practice practice practice.

I finally got it!!! I notice when I do it right, Iori's arm from the second rekka will come down quickly allowing for enough time to follow up with the dp or super. Now I just have to practice the left side! Here we go againnn!! Thank you so much Saiki you are very helpful

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
Glad I could help. Just keep in mind that this motion will reduce the recovery frames of the second rekka and thus allow a followup dp, it does not count as a special to special cancel.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
strange i started the char a week ago. And if the empty cancel reset s.C is easy, i have an awfully hard time to do the EX maiden smasher mid screen (in the corner the dp.A helps a lot). Because the motion is more complex, any specific tip? btw i input the empty cancel with AC to get the super cancel if i miss it at least.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2012, 03:04:20 AM »
strange i started the char a week ago. And if the empty cancel reset s.C is easy, i have an awfully hard time to do the EX maiden smasher mid screen (in the corner the dp.A helps a lot). Because the motion is more complex, any specific tip? btw i input the empty cancel with AC to get the super cancel if i miss it at least.
After the empty cancel you can try. QCFQCFB motion and it will still give you the super that way you won't have to do qcfhcb motion twice.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
Hey, as Iori I'm having troubles dealing with characters with long range pokes in the corner (Kula, Fireball characters, Ralf), particularly with fast standing normals. What are my options out of this type of pressure as Iori? Mainly stumped because his longest range punish is the unsafe sweep, most of my counter poke attempts are snuffed by their faster longer range stuff, and the characters I'm having troubles dealing with can stand far outside my dp range (in range to snuff most of my jump in's on reaction). I've only consistently been able to get out using meter, EX dp sometimes, or a GC roll/cd. Similar issues with King, not so much with Shen.

Hey Mr.Minionman, I've been experimenting with EX Iori quite a lot lately. I'm not really good with him but sometimes when I find myself in the corner and my opponent is in poking range, I will just throw a Far Standing D. or simply just rekka my way out of there if I don't want to spend any meter. Hope that helps

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »
how is it possible to do as many rekka cancels as in the below match @ 2:02 ?

Kof13 - KCE646 - Naoki vs. FumiFumi

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96