Author Topic: EX Iori (Flames)  (Read 80956 times)

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
Re: EX Iori (Flames)
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2011, 03:30:08 AM »
Just downloaded him and....
His rekkas are really hard to use.
Other than that I like the character.
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2011, 03:44:41 PM »

The rekkas are actually extremely easy to use, the difference is that you should be doing the input more slowly compared to previous games. Just put a nice long delay between each hit of the rekkas and you should have no trouble at all.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 11:48:46 PM »

After awhile you"ll get use to the timing. Gotta let it grow on you, his rekkas is one of his strong main parts of his natural playstyle.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:05 PM »
luckily he doesn't have a super with qcb motions in it, unlike EX Kyo's rekkas overlapping with (qcf)x2 or Kensou's rekkas mysteriously drive cancelling into dp+P...
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
EX Kyo's Rekka's overlap, but if you're Drive Canceling into them, they don't cause Mu Shiki, the problem comes when DCing from DP into Rekkas...which is the same problem EX Iori can have.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2011, 01:32:10 AM »
I'm having trouble stopping opponent's hop pressure.  Normally with other characters I would use st A at hop distance to preempt hop attacks, but Iori's standing A and B are both kind of crappy...  So for Iori I would use Cr C instead.  However, Cr C is kind of slow and has a lot of recovery, so it has to be timed correctly. 

How do you guys deal with hop pressures?

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 05:21:06 AM »
what about standing D?  if you get far D, its got pretty good range, and close D seems to hit pretty high as well.  It's probably better than crouching C, anyways
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »
I'm having trouble stopping opponent's hop pressure.  Normally with other characters I would use st A at hop distance to preempt hop attacks, but Iori's standing A and B are both kind of crappy...  So for Iori I would use Cr C instead.  However, Cr C is kind of slow and has a lot of recovery, so it has to be timed correctly. 

How do you guys deal with hop pressures?

hmm i'm pretty bad but for me:

at the max range for an opponent to hop in on you, i think neutral hop j.B is good and neutral full jump j.D is kinda strong too or midscreen if the opponent is going in and you read that they're is going to hop at you and you want to stop them from advancing sometimes jump backwards j.B is useful (i think j.D might be better in very specific situations. maybe against run-ins cause it swings slightly downward? will have to play more.)

also midscreen or when cornered but the opponent isn't in there with you or basically whenever you have that breathing room, far st.D(5D) is definitely a very important option to be aware of as it controls a good amount of the space that your opponent wants to advance through. it can tag hops, runs, even walking forward players who aren't being mindful of the fact that iori is spinning around to kick them in the friggin teeth.. it definitely isn't to be thrown out to answer all your problems though as it does have some pretty size-able start up and is easily tagged by longer ranged low reaching attacks. plus despite being high priority you should be wary of the fact that you are still extending your hittable boxes into the other player's face and are susceptible to the ever popular ume-shoryu and random super blowups.

if both in the corner i like cl.st.C and cl.st.D mostly because
-A)they have (relatively) quick startup and can even be done somewhat late and still trade with harder jump-ins.
-B)you can also hold back or (4) to option-select high block while doing these in case a jump-in is already active and on top of you before your move can even start up for whatever reason (they did an early jumping normal or they pressed something with quick startup like kyo's j.B or you're just reacting kinda slow that day. whatever. its not important.)

you can try this with opponents jumping all over you midscreen too since cl.C and cl.D are good against most crossups but the whole "hold 4/lol block because you were slow to mash" thing doesn't work if they cross you up

also in the corner i like st.A because if you're both in the corner it tends to come out as the close version which can catch certain hop moves in start up, won't generally get blownup too hard if the opponent fulljumped since it recovers fast enough to let you DP (or yknow block...)as the opponent is coming back down with their whatever and is relatively more safe than pressing C or D but still not risk free.

sometimes you can also avoid certain jumping normals with cr.B or 2B since it lowers his profile enough to dodge even kyo's st.D. its far from fool proof, probably the exact opposite, but most of the time against moves like either of the iori's j.D or hop normals pressed too early you can tag the opposing player in their landing frames.

all of these options get blown up by some counter option by your opponent though and as far as i see it there is no general rule that safely covers all bases for you. you just have to understand you and your character's/and your opponent and their character's options and make educated low-risk(or high-risk if you're that guy) guesses.

but then again i suck so i just posted all of this for no raisin. tl;dr

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
Wow, thanks for the detailed response.  I'll try them out and let you guys know the results.   ;)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
although it makes me sound like a huge scrub, I have to say that I am feeling very proud of myself, now that I can actually get the cl.B, cl.C link like 90% of the time.

I feel like I've passed some kind of vast, invisible plateau of suckiness, into the realm of normal, below average player.

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »
Some good info: If you're using iori as battery and have a full 3 meters/drive meter and you're lookin for hd confirmation to do about 82 percent damage.

Start whatever jump in  st.  ;c into forw.  ;a or (cr. ;b, st. ;a, forw.  ;a)hd cancel dash, st.  ;c, dp.  ;c, hcb  ;d, dp.  ;c, hcb  ;d, dp.  ;c into Yaotome, hd cancel into neo max. takes a little time to get used to but i find it one of the easier high damage hd combos he has.
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
also after neomax, could use command grab followup to throw some people off.
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
glitch? glitch!

Ex Iori Glitch

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
TBQH, that doesn't look like a glitch, just look like you hit the j.2B too high, and with the properties of EX FB, you pulled them right back in front of you.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 01:32:29 AM »
ok i wasnt sure ^^

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo