Author Topic: EX Iori (Flames)  (Read 80955 times)

lunarhostility

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: EX Iori (Flames)
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
Is this character better 2nd or as an anchor? Trying to figure out where to place him and Andy on my team of K', Andy, and Flames Iori. Thanks!

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
Is this character better 2nd or as an anchor? Trying to figure out where to place him and Andy on my team of K', Andy, and Flames Iori. Thanks!

I like to put him first, because he does not rely that much on meter.  I don't know much about Andy, but K' is a beast with meter, so I will put him either 2nd or 3rd.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2012, 05:36:32 AM »

i would personally put him 2nd.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »
Yeah, I would also send Iori out 2nd (or third, depending on my mood).  Andy is a really great battery and is strong without needing to use meter.  Iori benefits from having some meter, but also builds it reasonably well.  I guess it really depends on who you would rather have coming out 3rd (him or K`).  Personally, I tend to put the character that I can comfortably do the biggest, high meter combos with 3rd.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2012, 02:15:20 AM »
i tend to think of ex iori either as a point character or an anchor (1st or 3rd). i don't think he should be put second too often since his meterless damage and options are already extremely good and he's such a versatile character when combined with the fact that he not only builds meter pretty well but has an even easier time against opponents who don't have the meter to use guard cancels or ex reversal options (i.e. at the start of the match/after the opponent has used some meter to take care of a previous character.)

now for your team i think he should probably go 3rd and here's my reasoning:

-K' is a great meter builder and can spend just a bit of it too for some really solid damage. i mean he can also spend a lot of it and do some unfair stuff so he makes for a good anchor as well but i think he does a slightly better job in this case if he's point. if he has to use some resources(drive/meter) he definitely makes it worth your while where Iori doesn't really do the same unless you give him more. he also has a good meterless reversal and ein trigger tricks can be hard to deal with for a lot of characters especially without any stock. he has great normals, ambiguous crossup setups, anywhere juggles with j.214D and swagphadaez.

-Andy, i think, should really be second here. i've been playing with him a lot more recently too and more often than not i'll throw him in second unless someone more meter dependent like shen/ash/vice/etc is there as well. he doesn't hit too hard or have extremely amazing mix up potential (as far as i'm aware) but having meter is a good way to reduce the amount of times you have to open your opponent up. tagging them with a regular meterless bnb and a good hd combo should usually be a dead character. which i have to say isn't bad for having hit them twice. to make things a bit easier his neomax is straight up amazing. it can make an opponent reluctant to commit to just about anything as andy can raw neomax and pretty much snag anyone doing anything aside from blocking and he can do it in the air as well. on top of everything, it was made even faster for console for some reason. i'm still new to the character so basically i just like to throw all my meter into this character and rest on the next one's ability to play without it.

- Iori is just the same as always, still bullying the cast for free. one of the best get up speeds. decent frame traps. good mobility. nice zoning tools. an overhead. command throw. command crossup. easy safe jumps. his dp+c has invul so even with no meter the opponent still has to worry about it. if you have even one meter his EX command throw does too. he builds resources pretty quickly and his hd combos with 1 or 2 meter can easily do between 60-80% percent depending on how you started it/where you were on the screen/etc. and are pretty damn easy. you can easily start a round with practically no resources and still take out a character or two in some situations. his more meter dependent hds and other combos are okay but i think that other characters can definitely use the bar better and the times where he should be spending gauge are more outside of big combos where they are more rewarding.

this is just how i look at the team though. k' works very well in any spot on the team. he can go last and wreck shop if you want him to. iori does too to a lesser degree (i don't really think iori in second spot has anything more to offer than iori in the other two) and andy can be used as a point character pretty effectively since, among many other things, the opponent generally won't have to meter to just herpderp fly through fireballs with invincible ex and super moves. it all depends on how you wanna run the characters. glhf

MyvTeddy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »
I have an issue when it comes to EX Iori's trials ._.

His trial 5, I can't seem to get the second rekka to hit in midair (whiffing the first one). Is there a specific timing for it since I always either press too early (and get some jab) or I just completely miss the whole thing ._.

And his trial 6, I know exactly what to do but the thing that gets me is that everytime I try to drive cancel his dp.C into his ex fireball. Instead though, I get his super and I just can't proceed with the combo.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2012, 06:44:05 AM »
for trial 6, there are two things that I can think of that you can try.  You could try really, really hard to do a perfect DP motion (f, d, df) and then do the EX fireball (which will work, but itsn't always easy).  The problem with doing DP motions is that a lot of the time, even if you are trying not to, you're going to be inputting them as f, qcf.  If that is the case, then obviously if you do qcf+P right after it, you're going to drive cancel into his (qcf)x2+P super.

The other thing you can try is inputting the DP as hcb, f+C.  I think that is one of the input shortcuts that the game recognizes.  I know it is something that you need to do a lot in K`s trials, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for Iori, too.

So to get dp+C [DC] qcf+AC, you would input hcb, f+C, qcf+AC, and you should get what you want.  

As far as hitting the weird mid-air rekka after whiffing the first one in trial 5 goes, i think you're just going to have to keep trying it until it works. 
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2012, 08:11:33 AM »
HCB, f+C is the command for his Command Grab.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »
HCB, f+C is the command for his Command Grab.

yeah...I realized this not long after posting, and it doesn't work anyway.  A way that does work for sure, though, is drive cancelling the DP into hcb+K and then drive cancelling that into the EX fireball.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2012, 10:32:04 PM »
You could try doing dp into fireball by inputting the dp as  ;fd ;db ;fd+ ;c, this might register as command grab also though, not sure off of the top of my head and can't check right now.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2012, 04:29:02 AM »
the combo in trial 5 is so bad...what is it, like 2 stocks and a drive bar to do around 300 damage?  This EX fireball might be one of the crappiest moves in the game. 
Outside of combos I don't see how you could ever hit somebody with it, considering how slow it starts up AND how slowly it moves, and inside combos it causes so much damage scaling it's hard to believe.  You can't even use it like other EX projectiles to go through the other player's zoning attempts because you'll just get hit before you can get it off, or they'll be able to move/avoid it after it goes through their projectile (if it even does that).  It doesn't even do good damage...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2012, 06:14:45 AM »
【CS KOF13】炎を取り戻した庵 コンボ集

At 1:40, EX Iori does an infinite. Apparently, you need 1 bar to do it and some drive, but you build back the necessary tools to do so. Also...It's just timing the qcb and the juggle. Hella dumb!

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
【CS KOF13】炎を取り戻した庵 コンボ集

At 1:40, EX Iori does an infinite. Apparently, you need 1 bar to do it and some drive, but you build back the necessary tools to do so. Also...It's just timing the qcb and the juggle. Hella dumb!

I saw that combo posted a while ago.  Tried it for bit but could never get it to work.  The timing is really strict!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
In order to do said infinite, you have to empty cancel the recovery of his rekka with qcf, hcb+P which is his maiden masher move.

So the way it's done is qcb+AC, qcb+AC, qcf, hcb+A, qcb+A, qcb+A, qcf, hcb+A, qcb+A, qcb+A...Only when you have drive do you have to stock and drive your qcb+A into an EX (qcb+AC) otherwise you'll super cancel. You can only do empty cancel as long as you no bar or no drive. If you have both, the next time you would empty cancel (qcf,hcb+P), you do an EX instead.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:06:28 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2012, 06:19:55 PM »
In order to do said infinite, you have to empty cancel the recovery of his rekka with qcf, hcb+P which is his maiden masher move.

So the way it's done is qcb+AC, qcb+AC, qcf, hcb+A, qcb+A, qcb+A, qcf, hcb+A, qcb+A, qcb+A...Only when you have drive do you have to stock and drive your qcb+A into an EX (qcb+AC) otherwise you'll super cancel. You can only do empty cancel as long as you no bar or no drive. If you have both, the next time you would empty cancel (qcf,hcb+P), you do an EX instead.

I think that there is another way to cancel that, because in 1:23 he uses the same cancel in aoihana and the super cancel does not happen.