Author Topic: EX Iori (Flames)  (Read 80946 times)

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: EX Iori (Flames)
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2012, 01:24:50 AM »
I guess people stopped caring about EX Iori when the infinite was posted?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
Man, I still play with EX Iori, people here are just shy. hehehe.

Anyone have any favorite combos to share?

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
i guess for the purpose of showing some sign of life in this thread...

i actually have a couple favorites of the ones i've learned so far.

1)(halfscreen) j.C cl.5C 6A hd cl.5C 6A 214AC>214P (623Axx214A)x3 623A 2363214ACxx2141236AC
is a recent favorite. its kinda not worth it since its only 940 damage for 5 bars but i like that its a relatively non-situational version of his first 100% combo which is:

2)(corner) CH j.CD 6B hd 6B 214AC[whiff]>214P (623Axx214A)x3 623A 2363214ACxx2141236AC
this combo, to me, is one of the coolest. sure it isn't really that practical and getting the ex rekka part is kinda inconsistent but it really opened my mind to the possibilities of situational confirms. furthermore, learning this one is extremely helpful in teaching you things about the character's workings. it shows that iori's 6B, A dp and the second hit of rekkas (without the first) scale much less than many of his other moves and are very helpful in building damaging combos. the dp into rekka section is actually a lot of fun to do (surprisingly), although its been made more or less useless with the discovery of empty cancels. it overkills with 1012 damage from CH fulljump CD and just barely squeeks by with a cool 1000 damage off of a CH hop CD.

3)(corner) j.C cl.5C 6A hd cl.5C 623Axx236236A 6B 623A 623C[2 hits]xx214P>214P 623C[2 hits]xx2363214Pxx2141236AC
with 937 damage for 4 stocks this is probably the most worthwhile corner hd to learn if you're tryna hit for damage without having/spending 5 bars or being able to EC. it shows the lack of heavy proration on the second hit of the fireball super as well as showing that there is a slight difference between the A and C versions of said super. it also shows some pretty interesting things regarding ex iori's A dp and how it affects juggle-ability when A) not cancelled into and B) is connected with at certain points in the attack (i.e. the grounded portion).
EDIT:if you are actually in possession of/willing to spend 5 meters, then you can EX the super before max-cancelling for 975 damage.

there are a lot of other good ones but these are my favorite three that don't involve EC. on a loosely related sidenote, i do believe certain evidences support the notion that it is not actually a glitch but was added to this character specifically on purpose; perhaps as an homage to older KOFs.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:06:57 PM by Bloom of the Wolf »

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
So has anyone figured an alternative way of doing empty cancels after rekkas?  If you look at this video at 3:00 mark, Justius did an empty cancel to connect a close C after the second rekka, but he has full drive and 2 meters, so he probably didn't empty cancel into super.

WR 5 B - Elive Mr KOF vs Justius - Game 1

I tried replicating it in training mode by empty canceling NeoMax but it does not seem to work, EX fireball comes out instead.

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:32 AM »
Nah he's still doing ya otome input. you can't empty cancel with anything else. Empty cancels seem to be very specifically made with EX iori, unlike the way it worked in 98. for instance, as far as I've tested the first hit of his rekka can never be empty cancelled unless it's EX'd no matter what amount of resources you have, it just comes out as the second rekka. haven't seen any of it done in climax yet but the game just came out so you can't tell if it's been taken out. Personally I doubt it, I firmly believe ex iori's empty cancelling was added to game on purpose.

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
So why didn't yaotome come out?  Does it have to do with the timing of his empty cancel?  Justius did the same setup a few times in the set.  I like to think that he figured out a different way to do it, or he is just a machine with precise timing....

As for climax, if I am reading this correctly then it seems that empty cancel has been taken out.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1508676641
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:01:09 AM by LazieFreddy »

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
So why didn't yaotome come out?  Does it have to do with the timing of his empty cancel?  Justius did the same setup a few times in the set.  I like to think that he figured out a different way to do it, or he is just a machine with precise timing....

As for climax, if I am reading this correctly then it seems that empty cancel has been taken out.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1508676641

You are correct. He's just timing the empty cancel later, past the super cancel point. this is how you do the ex iori 5 stock 100% hd that was shown in the same video as ex iori rekka infinite (the one that starts with the ground string>ex rekkas ec'd into 6b hd 6b dp+c (2 hits) drive cancelled into rekkas which are then ec'd again into another 6b and so on). This is actually what lead me to believe that the empty cancels were actually not a glitch, as it seems very specifically made for maiden masher input to interact with the rekka kens and cancel their recovery regardless of whether the super move was inputted within the super cancel window. That and the fact that snk playmore were the first ones to reveal the existence of empty cancelling to the player base with that video containing ex rekka(1)>empty cancel 2c>ex rekka(1) 3 times into rekkarekka>ec>ya otome etc.

As for the news that it might have been removed in climax, I really hope that it isn't so. Although it's definitely justifiable to take it out, empty cancelling was extremely helpful in bringing ex iori's damage output to the same or a similar level as claw's in many situations (mostly without drive). Although I still don't see any 3 meter 100% hds coming from him even with empty cancelling. Oh well, if it's gone, it was nice way to add a new level of depth to a relatively simple character to master while it lasted. R.I.P. execution barriers.

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2012, 11:19:40 AM »
I'm starting to get the hang of it after spending more time in training mode.  I could pull it off about half of the time.  Time to go figure out some set ups and applications with the newfound toolset. ;)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
As for the news that it might have been removed in climax, I really hope that it isn't so.
It isn't.
https://twitter.com/eLivefrionel/status/204627907149185024
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »
As for the news that it might have been removed in climax, I really hope that it isn't so.
It isn't.
https://twitter.com/eLivefrionel/status/204627907149185024

Sharnt, I do not know you personally and will, in all likelyhood, never see you irl but know that you are loved. No homo.

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2012, 10:16:05 PM »
That's good to hear, he needs all the tools he has now.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2012, 12:32:17 AM »
Greetings,

I, the Great_Dark_Hero, would like to present a video of using combo's in EX Iori's EX Yami Barai (EX Projectile) move. It is said that Iori can not combo into the move at all. However, it is possible to drive cancel into the EX Projectile. After my last few matches in Kaiserslautern Germany, it is pretty much evident to not use this move so carelessly due to damage scaling. Comboing into EX Yami Barai should be utilized for positioning and saving up more combo's (preferably the combos that help Iori maximize his damage). Here is my video - Iori Yagami himself guides you through it.

KOF XIII - EX Iori - EX Yami Barai Technology

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
Greetings,

I, the Great_Dark_Hero, would like to present a video of using combo's in EX Iori's EX Yami Barai (EX Projectile) move. It is said that Iori can not combo into the move at all. However, it is possible to drive cancel into the EX Projectile. After my last few matches in Kaiserslautern Germany, it is pretty much evident to not use this move so carelessly due to damage scaling. Comboing into EX Yami Barai should be utilized for positioning and saving up more combo's (preferably the combos that help Iori maximize his damage). Here is my video - Iori Yagami himself guides you through it.

KOF XIII - EX Iori - EX Yami Barai Technology
Lots of people have known that you can combo into this move It's actually in one of his trials I believe. DP> EX Yami barai, rekka DC into it in the corner, and you can even Juggle into it off of his projectile super (projectile super has to launch the opponent). There is just no reason to do it since it scales so much and the damage it does is so little.
Only time I find myself using it is for 2 things bad jump ins (or divekicks/Punches in kensou's case) or for people who recklessly throw fireballs without thinking.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2012, 11:43:27 AM »
How do you do that 2 hits with Rekka into c version of DP without drive canceling? I'm having an hard time like is it a timing thing or I have to cancel the Rekka faster? Thank you