Author Topic: Mr. Karate  (Read 66303 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: EX Mr. Karate
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
I found 2 staple and reliable HD combos starting from a jump-in or a low by spending 2 meters... This works from full screen...

j.D, s.C, f+B, HD, s.C, f+B, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x4, Neomax = 854 dmg

cr.B, s.B, f+A *3 hits*, HD, s.C, f+B, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x4, Neomax = 739 dmg

If you are in the corner then you can just replace the TK hcf+B with qcf+A for the same damage and make the combo easier to do...

For a 1 meter HD combo He still gets amazing damage...

j.D, s.C, f+B, HD, s.C, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x5, qcf~hcb+A = 803 dmg

cr.B, s.B, f+A *3 hits*, HD, s.C, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x5, qcf~hcb+A = 687 dmg
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:33:31 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »
I found 2 staple and reliable HD combos starting from a jump-in or a low by spending 2 meters... This works from full screen...

j.D, s.C, f+B, HD, s.C, f+B, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x4, Neomax = 854 dmg

cr.B, s.B, f+A *3 hits*, HD, s.C, f+B, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x4, Neomax = 739 dmg

If you are in the corner then you can just replace the TK hcf+B with qcf+A for the same damage and make the combo easier to do...

For a 1 meter HD combo He still gets amazing damage...

j.D, s.C, f+B, HD, s.C, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x5, qcf~hcb+A = 803 dmg

cr.B, s.B, f+A *3 hits*, HD, s.C, [qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B] x5, qcf~hcb+A = 687 dmg

by "found" you mean looked up Challenge #8 lol

I've been messing around with enders for that HD combo.

For 2 bars after the final dp+C Break you do qcf+C ff into fbf+P into lvl 2 Ranbu for 881 dmg.

So the combos will look like this:

2 bars
j.;d s.;c ;fd ;b, HD, s. ;c  [ ;dn ;df ;fd ;a DC  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c~ ;a+ ;b, TK  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b]x4  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a DC,  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c~ ;a+ ;b;dn ;df ;fd ;c;fd ;fd;fd ;bk ;fd ;a;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a+ ;c = 881 dmg

To add on to what Mastaroth was saying about using qcf+A instead of TK hcf+B is that you MUST use qcf+A when you are comboing an opponent from behind in the corner.  This is because the TK hcf+B will cross under them and wiff.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:49:05 AM by xZEPPELIx »
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »
Oh i didn't bother doing his challenges... lol... Maybe i should...

And no the TK hcf+B won't whiff in or out of the corner if you time it properly... But i would always do qcf+A in the corner cause it's so much easier... Oh and i play on a pad so i really hate using f~b~f+A in the extended combo cause i randomly get dp+A... I don't wanna risk screwing up just for 30 extra damage... To extend the combo, you can just do (TK hcf+BD x1/2/3, TK hcf+B) after the last dp+C~A+B, qcf+A and finish with EX DM...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:34:46 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
Midscreen was never a problem.  Doing it in the corner is odd cause you gotta do the TK hcf+B like 412367+B instead of the normal 412369+B.  I know there is no point in learning that cause qcf+A is easier and does the same dmg but I just wanted to find out just cause lol.
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

sugarboy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2012, 03:32:56 AM »
any one having problems with his 10th trial this video might help u, and also if u were looking for new finishing combo ideas

KOF XIII Mr.Karate HD Combo 2 (Mr.カラテHD発動コンボ集その2)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
So far what would you guys say are this character's weaknesses? How safe/unsafe are his moves on block?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »
his normals are all safe... qcf+C is punishable by somethings... but mostly safe... qcf+A is safe as far as i know... all the dive kicks are unsafe... obviously shoryus are unsafe...

just found out that he has auto-guard on his f~hcf+A/C... lol...

this is a sad find... but mr. karate's counters don't counter lows... this makes them only usable in situations...

his combo from his EX counter is pretty sweet...

EX counter, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B, dp+A or DM...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:36:54 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »
^Thanks, yeah I was wondering about those dive kicks in particular.

just found out that he has auto-guard on his f~hcf+A/C... lol...

The fireball super? So like regular Takuma then.

DepressAholic

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:43 AM »
what are karate's best hit confirms for midscreen?

and what about hit confirms starting low for mid screen and corner?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:04:43 AM by DepressAholic »

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
Id personally like to know what some of you think about his placement on teams (point, middle, or anchor). I've been reading around the people seem to like him on point or at 2nd  because he doesnt require alot of meter  to do damage  off his BnB's.    I perfer to play him anchor Because of the extra options he can have with meter.   Just wondering about some other opinions.

DepressAholic

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 12:22:19 AM »
Actually, I was wrong, there is a "Shortcut" to that DC.  Just TK the QCF, you'll have it every time.

Also, you know you can confirm off of f.A into HD really easy so anything that leads into it should make it child's play.

thanks Saitsuofleaves , that info helped overcome that obstacle. Now im stuck at the next trial lol. in normal mode i can do dp+C~AB np. as soon as I go into HD mode instead of getting the feint AB It does a shortcut qcf+A. Im pressing the same 2 buttons I press in normal mode only this time im in HD mode , so why is SNK doing this to me again?

i'll explain why your getting qcf+A. you don't have to delay the AB feint as Saitsuofleaves mentioned although you can, but there is an easier way.

in HD mode you have to watch extra inputs, i was having the same problem you had with qcf+a coming out instead of uppercut feint.

you are probably doing this input:  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a,  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c  ;fd ;a ;b.  that extra forward input is giving you qcf+a instead of  ;a ;b.

i do it in one smooth motion like this  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a ;dn ;df ;c,  ;a ;b  when you stop your input at down-forward you can go into  ;a ;b and won't have to delay or hit confirm it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:24:59 AM by DepressAholic »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
@bzerK: I'm running King/Mr. K/EX Kyo. EX Kyo is my anchor, as he's my best character. I've found that Mr. K works really well on point for me. He has a solid game and King needs meter more than he does.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2012, 03:20:00 AM »

If you are jumping in then do j.D, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits* or j.D, s.B, f+A *2 hits*... If you are doing a low then do cr.B, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits* or cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*... If you are crossing up with j.D or just is standing next to them then do s.C, f+B...

Afterwards always cancel into dp+C~A+B on hit confirm... If blocked then you can just end or finish with qcf+A...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2012, 07:21:06 AM »
@bzerK: I'm running King/Mr. K/EX Kyo. EX Kyo is my anchor, as he's my best character. I've found that Mr. K works really well on point for me. He has a solid game and King needs meter more than he does.
so... 1-> Karate, 2->King, 3-> EXKyo ??
Make sense, but I'd like to say imo, that karate is good at all positions, and of course EXKyo too!
Thats quite cool, causes you can toggle between them...
I've also keeped Karate (and ClassicKyo) to my team! :)

KoF 4 EVA

DepressAholic

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »

If you are jumping in then do j.D, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits* or j.D, s.B, f+A *2 hits*... If you are doing a low then do cr.B, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits* or cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*... If you are crossing up with j.D or just is standing next to them then do s.C, f+B...

Afterwards always cancel into dp+C~A+B on hit confirm... If blocked then you can just end or finish with qcf+A...

how safe is dp+C~A+B and qcf+C~Dash on block?