Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259658 times)

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »
I think he's O.K.
I lol'd.

I don't think Terry can really be improved too much, really. He's mid-tier to me either way, because he has good damage, even off 2B 3C 214A.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »
like i said, he needs his firekick the most to be more competetive. just tha move gives him way more options with and without meter.

mai if they could ggive her her old  ;fd ;b and her dp from 95 to 98, shed be great, andf another dm wouldnt hurt either.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »
Terry's solid because he's somewhat easy to use and he does pretty damn good damage for minimal effort. His other advantages is of course the crackshoot blockstring, it works pretty much like Joe's golden heel, especially against people who like to punish everything. I do with he had MOTW powerdunk though..I mean Andy can break his kuuhadan it's just lame that Terry doesn't have breakable Power Dunk...but even without it he's still my main character to use.

Also, EX power wave, so good.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
^ Hmm... what if they made EX Power Wave a low attack, forcing people to block low and giving you enough time to do an air attack?

Would that help Terry?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
you know i was thinking about something.

all these new bg's for console, does anybody else think they were more specifically made for the online experience more so than anything else?

i think most people notice that kof 13 has lots of animations in the bg's. in ssf4 all the stages with many animations in them lag the worst. so even if snkp had the bewst netcode out there of any other game it would still lag as hell because of all the animations. so maybe 12 netcode wasnt even that bad to begin with bu had more to do with all the amount of data that needed to be sent because of the bg's?

simply put, the stages with lots of animations would lag more than stages without. so this basically means that most of the stages were getting are animation free for the most of it (which is better for the online experience and lower costs because they lack animation).

i hope we can get terry 95 stage in the game as well, just hoping yamazakio makes the cut though.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2011, 07:42:43 PM »
^ Hmm... what if they made EX Power Wave a low attack, forcing people to block low and giving you enough time to do an air attack?

Would that help Terry?
(sorry for late reply!)
It would help, but it'd be a little overkill since that's basically setting up some potential unblockables, some really easy ones at that.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
juts giving him his firekick would be enough, sets up juggles and hits low, what more would you want? motw powercharge would be a nice edition afterwards. same for powerdunk, but rbs style, not motw style.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
you know i was thinking about something.

all these new bg's for console, does anybody else think they were more specifically made for the online experience more so than anything else?

That's a common idea I've heard all the way back in the DOAU days on Xbox, but it really shouldn't happen with competent new and game coding.

The game shouldn't even waste bandwidth trying to synch background animations up; those should just be left to each others personal game systems processing. Of course it made sense in DoA, since the stages could be destroyed, and transitioned from one place to the other, but in a game like KoF, the only info that MIGHT need to be transmitted is "now as round 2 BG, with X special characters displayed", nothing that should present lag, or need constant updating.

I think we can think the sparse population, normal looking characters, and less background animation more to time restraits, feedback, and ease of creation.

----

Oh, and on the Terry Low hitting fireball... not it it's current multi-hit, enemy-locking state, hehe. While I'd enjoy that to no end, he'd make wicked unblockables everywhere, which might be a bit too good (though It'd still require meter.) This would basically give him free HD combo ops any time he lands a knockdown, as long as he's willing to use the 1 bar of DM to lock you down.

Yup, the more I think about it, the move I'd like to see firekick, lol. Expecially if the first hit left you grounded, allowing something like Firekick -> powerwave -> Firekick HD cancel strings, it'd basically give him that Shen and Iori-like "HD Cancel Master" style midscreen combo, which he seems to lack somewhat ATM.

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2011, 03:20:51 AM »
Do we know exactly how damage scaling works yet? I think I remember reading somewhere that every hit of a move scales the damage back, so that would make stuff like Ryo's f,b,f+p a bad idea to do in the middle of a long combo right? And how much does each hit reduce the damage by? I imagine it's somewhere from 2-4% per hit, but I figured I'd check and see if anyone had the exact amount?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the first post in the thread.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:23:04 AM by IceWater »
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2011, 03:37:30 AM »
So do we have a list of all the moves that can hit the opponent off a non-counter anti-air attack?

Off my head I have:

Elizabeth: DM qcfhcb+P
K': EX air qcb+K
Raiden: Level 2/3 Drop Kick
Vice: EX hcf+K
Takuma: EX fbf+P

Is there more?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:41:38 AM by DarKaoZ »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
Duo Lon's EX air f+AC and Clark's air throw and Yuri's EX dp+K~A+C...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:07:24 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:41 PM »
I just remembered this thread exists. So in the tournament yesterday I was randomly getting fireballs when I was trying to dp a jump in. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I thought about it and maybe I got crossed up right as I did the motion. The weird thing is they never actually crossed up.

What happened is I input  ;fd ;dn ;df on the player one side. A fireball comes out even though Andy's fireball motion is ;dn ;db ;bk. The fireball went towards P2 side and my opponent jumping in also stayed on the P2 side.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2011, 05:10:46 AM »

Well any air throw for that matter, so you can add Beni and Mai.  Duo Lon's one doesn't REALLY count since it doesn't REjuggle you after the Ex air f+AC.  The only thing you can follow up after the Ex air f+AC is...another Ex air f+AC.  :/

As for Demoninja, I have no idea.  Can you replicate the situation?  I can't think of why it would be the case.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:05:19 PM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:49 AM »

Well any air throw for that matter, so you can add Beni and Mai.  Duo Lon's one doesn't REALLY count since it doesn't REjuggle you after the Ex air f+AC.  The only thing you can follow up after the Ex air f+AC is...another Ex air f+AC.  :/

But it would still hit them in the air regardless and could give you potential setups which Duolon is so good at.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
Yeah Kane, I'll try to manually make it happen but it happened multiple times during the tournament already. Every random fireball against a jump in I tried to dp.