Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259624 times)

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
I wanted a vid to see it working or other situations. I dont recall players using "option select" in kof let only it existing in kof at all.

I guess at the end of the day, option select is an sf term to me and I dont want this turning out to be like an sf game. It annoys me that someone can input a movement and works out in their favor regardless....

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
There are option select, just do f.C is an option select anti roll where you're zoning with your C and throw the oponent if he rolls ... (It's a part of the power of Ryo corner pressing because of hif stand D you can't roll out of the corner easily)

Kof has a LOT of options selects (Just take a look at K' on arcade edition and you will shred in tears) but because of the mechanic of whose games where aren't too powerfull like in sf series.

Where are a few powerful option select in kof XIII like Maxima's one :
Safe jump hop C,qcbqcb.AC
If the C land it's comboing into air ex vapor canon, if it's guarded you're safe, if the opponent rolls forward you hit him with the sdm if he rolls backward you hit him with a Ex vapor canon, if the opponent use an invincible move it's safe jumped (some char have unsafejumpable move such as K').

But it's an exception.

I dont recall players using "option select"
Because you don't see when an option select is used ...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:33:21 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »
Noob question
what kind of hop is being used when you are pressuring a cornered opponent?
Eg Kyo spamming j.CD on his cornered opponent.

Edit:
Also I'd like for you guys to rate my team in terms of team synergy

I currently use
Vice, Kensou and yuri
In that order
I put Vice first because I believe she relies less on meter and yuri last because I believe she has the largest damage output with meter out of her and kensou.

Can someone suggest a good strategy based around this team?
Im open to character changes
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:18:44 AM by milesw »
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »
Noob question

Edit:

I currently use
Vice, Kensou and yuri
In that order
I put Vice first because I believe she relies less on meter and yuri last because I believe she has the largest damage output with meter out of her and kensou.

actually bro vice uses a lot of meter so you may want to keep her in the back of your team

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2011, 12:38:12 AM »
Noob question

No such thing.

Well each of the 4 jumps have their own uses so there's no correct answer to that.  The hop itself has the shortest horizontal distance but hyper hop is also quicker if that's what you're asking. Also, j.CD puts the opponent in a longer block stun than any other hit.

Edit:

I currently use
Vice, Kensou and yuri
In that order

I would definitely swap Kensou and Vice around.  Vice actually depends a lot on meter and she doesn't build up meter very easily as she doesn't really have a special that is safe on block (short of her hcb+K Decide if you count that).   Kensou on the other hand has his Rekkas and his projectile to zone them out, he's also very fast and agile to put the pressure on.  Yuri is a toss up.  She's ok without meter but of course like most, works better with meter+drive.  If you're Yuri is very strong, then you can keep her last because your Vice should hog a lot of the resources, but if you're Yuri's not that competant yet, put Vice last.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2011, 01:03:27 AM »
I see. I would say Yuri is my strongest character and I rely on her for comebacks. So yeah I believe I should put her last then use Kensou first to spam fireballs and build meter while at the same time avoiding using EX attacks on the first round?

As for Yuri make sure she has enough meter for houyoku corner carry combos and saiha corner loops etc...
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2011, 01:33:09 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, dunno how I miss this post but I'll add the notes tomorrow in the wiki.  Clark, Vice and Duo Lon's (off the Ex DM) all need to MaxCancel the opposite direction.

Leona's Neomax as well should be added. Even when she does qcb hcf+K in the corner and she's on the right side to do her neomax cancel with qcb hcf+AC, she has to do qcf hcb+AC which is very strange.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2011, 04:36:23 AM »
I see. I would say Yuri is my strongest character and I rely on her for comebacks. So yeah I believe I should put her last then use Kensou first to spam fireballs and build meter while at the same time avoiding using EX attacks on the first round?

As for Yuri make sure she has enough meter for houyoku corner carry combos and saiha corner loops etc...

Yup, you get the gist of it =)

Sorry for the late reply, dunno how I miss this post but I'll add the notes tomorrow in the wiki.  Clark, Vice and Duo Lon's (off the Ex DM) all need to MaxCancel the opposite direction.

Leona's Neomax as well should be added. Even when she does qcb hcf+K in the corner and she's on the right side to do her neomax cancel with qcb hcf+AC, she has to do qcf hcb+AC which is very strange.

Good eye, I missed that one.

---

To shift the discussion a little: With the console dropping the requirement of NM ( performed within HD) to 2 stocks only, and with meter building up quicker now more than every before (it seems that blocking adds more meter to the defending character than the attacker now), the options of meter usage is going to get real interesting.

Do you go for the a) HD+NM 2 stock, b) the HD+added juggles+Ex DM, or c) still stick with 2 drives and some Ex moves (very likely building a 3rd meter during the combo as well)?  They all have the same requirement yet a very different outcome depending on the character and very feasible for the first / second round I might add.  Just some food for thought.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »
this talk about sinergy is very interesting and there were days ago i was thinkin about it and ask u for suggestions.
first of all i never had chance to play xiii yet but for sure im the kind of guy who uses female characters only.
the only sure thing is leona ll be in my team for sure and i was lookin for vice and king as well but i think my team is composed by all of meter depending girls (all of them to put as 2nd or 3rd place) i was thinkin about king vice leona or king leona vice but i have huge doubts about the sinergy between those 3. i was considering mai too since she is got buffed and seems a good character now or yuri or if they do the good surprise to put in b mary she would be a sure choice for me too !!
 im also thinking that u can always change the way to play with them and use meter considering  how the match is goin on but u cant avoid the fact that it should be right and common to massimize the damage and feel free to use meters when u need it without the think of ... what the f*** is goin to do my 3rd if i use this now ?
any suggests ?
and another techincal question : when u activate NM after low attacks and u r far it does an auto dash and auto fierce attack so ... then u dont have to push C or D again right ? u have to go straight to the special move ? and who choose what kind of strong attack is after the activation ? C or D ?
hope i explained well the questions and thanks guys

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 28, 2011, 12:50:08 AM »
and another techincal question : when u activate NM after low attacks and u r far it does an auto dash and auto fierce attack so ... then u dont have to push C or D again right ? u have to go straight to the special move ? and who choose what kind of strong attack is after the activation ? C or D ?

I feel I can answer these questions. First off, there are actually two kinds of HD (not NM) activation. Early at late.

If you press BC early (i.e. as soon as cl.C hits), you'll auto-dash. After that, you can use C or D (or others) like you said. But you DO have to press C or D. Choose C or D depending on your character. With Terry I use D, since it hits once, meaning less damage scaling. With Shen I always use C.

If you press BC late (i.e. delayed a bit after cl.C hits), you won't dash. Instead, C will come out instead. I don't use this much, but it can be useful in some situations. For example, Kensou can do cr.B x 2 (late HD) (auto) cl.C -> HD combo. This isn't necessary, but it simplifies the inputs a bit.

Hope this makes sense.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2011, 01:30:17 AM »
To shift the discussion a little: With the console dropping the requirement of NM ( performed within HD) to 2 stocks only, and with meter building up quicker now more than every before (it seems that blocking adds more meter to the defending character than the attacker now), the options of meter usage is going to get real interesting.

Do you go for the a) HD+NM 2 stock, b) the HD+added juggles+Ex DM, or c) still stick with 2 drives and some Ex moves (very likely building a 3rd meter during the combo as well)?  They all have the same requirement yet a very different outcome depending on the character and very feasible for the first / second round I might add.  Just some food for thought.

I would have to go with option A in the beginning. A shorter combo that ends with a neomax just makes more sense until I acquire the level of execution needed to do longer combos.

Also, Kim's neomax is just so freakin' bad ass. I imagine I'll be using it a lot.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 28, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »

I feel I can answer these questions. First off, there are actually two kinds of HD (not NM) activation. Early at late.

If you press BC early (i.e. as soon as cl.C hits), you'll auto-dash. After that, you can use C or D (or others) like you said. But you DO have to press C or D. Choose C or D depending on your character. With Terry I use D, since it hits once, meaning less damage scaling. With Shen I always use C.

If you press BC late (i.e. delayed a bit after cl.C hits), you won't dash. Instead, C will come out instead. I don't use this much, but it can be useful in some situations. For example, Kensou can do cr.B x 2 (late HD) (auto) cl.C -> HD combo. This isn't necessary, but it simplifies the inputs a bit.

Hope this makes sense.

yea of course i meant HD, im reading so much stuffs that i got confused :)
mmm ok so it is just about a delay thing not about what u press if strong or weaks.  damn is so frustrating i cant try by muself and have to bust ur balls and ask u guys :)
2 crouch B , delaied HD dont push the opponent too far to dont need a dash too ? i mean is a sure thing that the auto C will hit or it could happen that it whiff sometimes
and is it always a C coming out after the delaied HD ?
thanks for ur answer anyway and i look forward for some suggestions about the sinergy question too

Violent Geese

• New Challenger
  • tu miedo es mi disfraz
    • View Profile
    • Violent Geese channel
« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2011, 06:28:33 AM »
I love this game! :)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 28, 2011, 09:04:45 AM »
yea of course i meant HD, im reading so much stuffs that i got confused :)
mmm ok so it is just about a delay thing not about what u press if strong or weaks.  damn is so frustrating i cant try by muself and have to bust ur balls and ask u guys :)
2 crouch B , delaied HD dont push the opponent too far to dont need a dash too ? i mean is a sure thing that the auto C will hit or it could happen that it whiff sometimes
and is it always a C coming out after the delaied HD ?
thanks for ur answer anyway and i look forward for some suggestions about the sinergy question too

Don't worry about asking us questions. I enjoy teaching people (and learning) more about games I like, and I think a lot of fans here feel the same way.

A delayed HD activation always results in a C, because the input is BC. When two buttons are input simultaneously, the stronger button press takes priority. (If for example, you pressed BD by themselves, you'd get a D.)

Delayed HD activation is almost a trick. You're too late to cancel your attack into the dash, but too early to do standalone HD. Since the game won't let you auto-dash, or do the activation animation, it defaults to which ever button has priority, which is of course C. In this way, it's almost like a glitch, but hardly a game breaking one.

Actually, I confess that while I understand how it works, I'm not very clear on when and how to utilize it effectively. Hopefully other people can help with that.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »
It would be good option to do a delayed HD for Leona. She can do 2B>2B>delayed HD>moon slasher>etc.