Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259696 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
I was thinking about using Ash/Saiki/Takuma or Maxima.  All i know is that it seems like Ash would be a good anchor.  Who would be better first Takuma or Saiki?  I know asking about Saiki isnt a great idea because no one has had a ton of time with the character.
You're right. I have no idea what kind of character Saiki's going to end up being in terms of meter. But I do think Takuma would work better as a second character. His scariest combos involve drive cancels, so giving him a head-start with his drive meter gives him a definite edge.

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2011, 04:36:47 AM »
@kofrookie
as far as i know not as strict as 2002 timing to do that link :D.

Violent Geese

• New Challenger
  • tu miedo es mi disfraz
    • View Profile
    • Violent Geese channel
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
I have an interesting question, i hope you can answer me: wich one punish what? The one frame shen's grab or the andy's DP? That has some invencibility frames, if both are done at the same time?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »
dp is aerial move so it will ALWAYS beat whatever kinda throw you throw up against it. yes, even dm and exdm's. this has always been like this in kof btw, i think in most 2d fighters actually if not all.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2011, 07:46:42 AM »
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched this topic (and some wikis) and found nothing so I'm asking if there is any variation in the amount of life each character starts with. I know they have different guard gauge lengths but I'm left wondering about life.

EDIT: Just looked  at the SRK wiki, which says they all have the same health. Don't know how I didn't see that before. Derp.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2011, 01:25:28 AM »
I for first time, played on training mode, and tried to do hyper drive mode

Overall, don't know why, but I still prefer the more manual style on 2002um,, but maybe I need to get used

Waifu Material

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
I'm not too sure if someone already ask this but do certain characters builds up certain meters more?
like for example Ash builds more of the drive meter than his super meter? I'm just wondering

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »
ehi i was wondering if about mai's dm  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;uf count as instant overhead and this shortcut works.
if so doing c.B c.B (crouch blocked) and the instant overhead would be great and a hard guess for the opponent
and this is more technical : ryueenbu canceled in instant air DM is considered a DC ?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Moved from OT General thread: RE- lol, raiden is top tier without dk.
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2011, 04:18:00 AM »
---

can kill in 3 combos without bars or corner. good dp and even better command throw, beast with bars and EX shoulder tackle is icing on the cake. without dk hes like 98 goro but better.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:02:56 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
can kill in 3 combos without bars or corner. good dp and even better command throw, beast with bars and EX shoulder tackle is icing on the cake. without dk hes like 98 goro but better.

There's actually a few characters that can do 300+ dmg, Kyo, Shen, K', Liz, Maxima and Vice come to the top of my head.  I guess he'd still be near the top, but I dunno about top 6.  Damage (Maxima) and 1-frame throws (Benimaru) don't necessarily make them top tier.  Liz, Kula, Kyo, K' and Andy are still higher if you remove his dropkicks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:06:20 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »

There's actually a few characters that can do 300+ dmg, Kyo, Shen, K', Liz, Maxima and Vice come to the top of my head.  I guess he'd still be near the top, but I dunno about top 6.  Damage and 1-frame throws don't necessarily make them top tier (Shen).  Liz, Kula, Kyo, K' and Andy are still higher if you remove his dropkicks.

nah man i bvelieve that withoutdk hes higher than andy and kyo, hes as high as lizzy, kula and k imo without dk. with it hes as high as arcade xiii k. the difference between these others and raiden is that raiden will do 30%+ damage every chance he gets from whatever distance and whatever light attack or whatsoever he hits. hes got great keep away tools, great, huge damage, great specials,huge range on command throw, huge damage off of it.dude makes zangief seem like bitch and sf4 sagat seem like some pussy. thats all without imo. in fact weve seen vids of top raidens without dk,weve seen him rape even harder because thoseplayers fully utilized his other tools because they werent playing like bitches with those dk's.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:03:41 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2011, 12:01:56 AM »

There's actually a few characters that can do 300+ dmg, Kyo, Shen, K', Liz, Maxima and Vice come to the top of my head.  I guess he'd still be near the top, but I dunno about top 6.  Damage and 1-frame throws don't necessarily make them top tier (Shen).  Liz, Kula, Kyo, K' and Andy are still higher if you remove his dropkicks.

nah man i bvelieve that withoutdk hes higher than andy and kyo, hes as high as lizzy, kula and k imo without dk. with it hes as high as arcade xiii k. the difference between these others and raiden is that raiden will do 30%+ damage every chance he gets from whatever distance and whatever light attack or whatsoever he hits. hes got great keep away tools, great, huge damage, great specials,huge range on command throw, huge damage off of it.dude makes zangief seem like bitch and sf4 sagat seem like some pussy. thats all without imo. in fact weve seen vids of top raidens without dk,weve seen him rape even harder because thoseplayers fully utilized his other tools because they werent playing like bitches with those dk's.

Raiden cannot do 30%+ damage in most situations, without dropkicks, without meter, outside of the corner (I looked up his damage and I can post them if you want me to).  You must be confusing him with Liz.

The other characters I mentioned can.  

Now if you're talking about adding drive, meter, corner situation then that's a whole different ball park (but that applies to the same list of players I mentioned.  We're talking about without dropkicks as well.

He's up there, but I'd still put him around Shen and Iori's bracket.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:06:54 AM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:15 AM »
ehi i was wondering if about mai's dm  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;uf count as instant overhead and this shortcut works.
if so doing c.B c.B (crouch blocked) and the instant overhead would be great and a hard guess for the opponent
and this is more technical : ryueenbu canceled in instant air DM is considered a DC ?
I don't think her air DM is an overhead.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2011, 02:50:06 AM »
Meh, anyway, how loose or tight are the Rekka inputs for Kensou and Duo Lon?

In my limited XIII Experience + KoF XII knowledge, I'd say Kensou's are pretty easy, Duo's I felt like... I should actually slow down on?

Both should be pretty easy to get used to, given very little practice.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2011, 06:21:50 AM »
Yeah, Duo's rekkas take a little getting used to.  The only advice I can give is that the inputs are slower than it looks like they should be (which sounds really dumb, I know, but seriously, once you get the hang of them, you'll understand).
Old man/bad player