Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259695 times)

badugi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #450 on: November 23, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »
I love the wikipedia post that srk did with the hitboxes and everything.  So far my biggest accomplishment on online play is killing two fighters on my first character!....unfortunately I still lost.  my record 0-48!!!!, and Im even trying! Who's worse than me?? I call anyone out :P

p2dftonton

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 23, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
 ps2 controller convert to usb is not working on king of fighters13, why is that? we use PS3

help pls :D

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 23, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »
Tried supercancels and drive cancels and uh... you can mash them out lol.

Like I previously said I suck at pads so at first I tried timing and then I tried mashing and the latter works. I tried the infamous Terry BnB combo and it worked just right. I mash crashoot after the knuckle and it drive cancels properly every time.

Kyo's EX dp is built for mashing lol, supercancel guaranteed. You can cancel it on any hit right? I cancelled it at all sorts of heights.

Still, I was pulling stuff more consistantly towards the end, my main issue right now being that I accidentally throw a lot instead of combing when I want to punish with a combo starting with a heavy punch.

Also, finding the timing on comboing lows funky. I haven't played KOF in a while and all (basically swore it off until something of XIII's calibur would hit) but it feels weird, its definitely not MOTW timing and neither is it 3rd Strike timing where you literally do it as fast as possible. Oddly enough I seem to be most consistant when tapping one button at a time at a controlled, almost slow, pace to get a combo out (like Terry's cB, cA, cC). The cB to cA is the funky part of course, doing cB, cB, sB, HCB+K isn't much of a problem with Kyo. Could be the fault of my pad skills though, I play MOTW and 3rd Strike on keyboard.

Anyhoots, will try my hand at HD when I get home today.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:43:16 PM by Diavle »

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 23, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Getting down EX moves 100% is a bit of a pain. Problem being is that all 4 buttons on a pad usually means just using your thumb.  Binding the LP+HP/LK+HK to a single button is kinda sloppy.  I had to redo my button layout for better results.  It's similar to what I did in GG:
X=LP
Square=LK
R1=HP
R2=HK

Like this I can easier hit B+C for activation an get down EX moves pretty easy.  I'm not used to it yet but I'm getting there.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2011, 04:55:53 PM »
^ That's true, I have the following set:

X= LP
Circle= LK
Square= HP
Triangle= HK
R1= HD

EX, rolling and CD all come out pretty good. Having it this way, where its difficult to activate HD with the face buttons, also lowers the chances of an accidental activation.

Still, I don't want to lose during critical moment where an ex special or super would have won me the match but I got the regular version instead. I'll play some more to see my consistancy with ex (which hasn't been too bad so far) but I will definitely consider triggers as shortcuts if things get annoying.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
Can you tiger knee in this game?  Cos I have great difficulty doing K's air instant air qcb + K from a st.A reset.  If you can't tiger knee is there a work around?

Thanks

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 24, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »
Yes you can, and you can try back dash into air minute spike but I dunno if it's fast enough to connect. UPDATE: only the TK way is fast enough, back dash one will not get there in time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:41:40 AM by Kane317 »

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
Brand new here and didn't know where to post this. Is this throw big window known? Am I just going crazy???

KOF XIII : Input Bug or Lax Inputs???

in training never had problems... i can pull out anything with any lag
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »
Yes you can, and you can try back dash into air minute spike but I dunno if it's fast enough to connect. UPDATE: only the TK way is fast enough, back dash one will not get there in time.

I see is it case of doing it fast or accurate I can't seem grasp the timing properly. 

Thanks

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »

I see is it case of doing it fast or accurate I can't seem grasp the timing properly.  

Thanks

Probably too fast, just qcb~ub(hold for a split sec)+K

Sikemopko

• New Challenger
  • Are You Okay?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 24, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
Can you tiger knee in this game?

Thanks

Seems okay to me, I can instant air Leona's v-slasher super without a problem
XBL Gamertag: Sike Mopko

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
I think its more of a case of timing it quickly from K's st.A reset that is putting me off. I'll try it again next time.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
Im struggling to do hcb motions in combos, for example i cant do one of her trials where you have to do cancel her srk into her hcb x2 special, im on pad need help!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 24, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
^ That's true, I have the following set:

X= LP
Circle= LK
Square= HP
Triangle= HK
R1= HD

EX, rolling and CD all come out pretty good. Having it this way, where its difficult to activate HD with the face buttons, also lowers the chances of an accidental activation.

Still, I don't want to lose during critical moment where an ex special or super would have won me the match but I got the regular version instead. I'll play some more to see my consistancy with ex (which hasn't been too bad so far) but I will definitely consider triggers as shortcuts if things get annoying.

it's like somebody ctrl-C ctrl-V my neo cd lay out. this works wonders on ps pad to, since only ;b ;c and ;a ;d are hard. and the latter thank god not used in kof makes neo cd lay out with ;b ;c on R1 the best layout possible on pad imo and even snk's during the development of the neo cd and its pads. thers a reason snk used this layout on their own pad, they mainly make fighters and this layout is the ideal one for neo fighters. simple as that.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2011, 08:26:11 PM »
I think its more of a case of timing it quickly from K's st.A reset that is putting me off. I'll try it again next time.

Hey Atb_555, I have been practicing a bit at home and here's a little exercise that might be helpful. After a juggle, see if you can do st.A into EX air QCB+K.

The way I'm doing it is I'll do qcb-ub ~delay~ then press the button. You can try it by yourself. EX ground minute spike does 110 damage and EX air minute spike does 70 damage. See if you can get it down.