Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)

Started by Kane317, August 18, 2010, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBlackNoah

gonna try that shortcut. and my execution is flawless ... i just don t know the shortucts for XIII i just got the game  a few days ago and haven t played that much.Thanks for the tip.

Diavle

The Fluke

Quote from: Diavle on December 05, 2011, 03:06:12 PM
Ok this is seriously pissing me off, are there any alternate ways of doing f, b, f+P?

I'm playing on pad and keep getting the fireball super instead.

In xii you could do df,b,f+p. Not anymore though. Seems to be pretty strict in this game.

Siren

This game has a high buffer window so you will have to be strict especially on pad. Make sure you don't slide your thumb from f to b. Your going to have to pick your thumb off the d-pad and hit each direction.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

Ky0

KoF 4 EVA

johrjives

Quote from: Siren on December 05, 2011, 08:06:18 PM
This game has a high buffer window so you will have to be strict especially on pad. Make sure you don't slide your thumb from f to b. Your going to have to pick your thumb off the d-pad and hit each direction.

yup, this is the first thing i noticed about using a pad in this game. I was doing ralphs trials I think? Anyway, you cannot slide from b to f, and vice versa. You litterally have to take your thumb off the pad for each input.  A good way to get the hang of it is try doing ralphs qcf+C, b~f+A HD combo.  I noticed Ryo's trials you had to be particularily precise. Hope this helps...

MUSOLINI

In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

Diavle

Not finding this method very reliable, guess I'll have to make due without the move :/

yup, this is the first thing i noticed about using a pad in this game. I was doing ralphs trials I think? Anyway, you cannot slide from b to f, and vice versa. You litterally have to take your thumb off the pad for each input.  A good way to get the hang of it is try doing ralphs qcf+C, b~f+A HD combo.  I noticed Ryo's trials you had to be particularily precise. Hope this helps...

Not really, I can do those loops just fine and Ralf doesn't have a super with f, HCF+P so there is nothing to overlap with.

meiji_99

@Diavle & Sanger Zonvolt
I usually input f,b,f P, by using tapping the direction not sliding it and it works for me :D.

MAASKYO

MUSOLINI

checked first page, needs an update in the first post. also no way to shortcut  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk or vice versa motion, shame.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Light

Okay bought Iori 98 today and, love him. Problem is, everytime I do  ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;c then try to do  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a ;c it super cancels instead of drive cancel's into ex fireball.

Same issue with his  ;fd ;dn ;df;c into  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a it super cancel's into his can of whoop ass (not what it's called of course). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a quick, shortcut, or is it just all done in 1f like SF combo's?
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

PhoeniX

On SRK Nax ran into an interesting damage scaling glitch.

After seeing it, I put some time into figuring it out, and I did. (scroll down somewhat for a full explanation)

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/damage-scaling-in-kofxiii-and-potential-issues.150426/

During a super, damage scaling is frozen. Not only for the hits of a super, but also the hits for anything else that would hit at that time (I can only think of fireballs that could cause this).

While I doubt you'll find little practical applications, I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Siren

Quote from: Light on December 07, 2011, 02:42:53 AM
Okay bought Iori 98 today and, love him. Problem is, everytime I do  ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;c then try to do  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a ;c it super cancels instead of drive cancel's into ex fireball.

Same issue with his  ;fd ;dn ;df;c into  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a it super cancel's into his can of whoop ass (not what it's called of course). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a quick, shortcut, or is it just all done in 1f like SF combo's?

I'm having the same problem, normally you could shortcut that by double tapping P. It usually cancels your dp into fireball. However Iori refuses, I'm at a loss as well.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.