Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259617 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »
gonna try that shortcut. and my execution is flawless ... i just don t know the shortucts for XIII i just got the game  a few days ago and haven t played that much.Thanks for the tip.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
Playing Takuma? I have the same issue as well.

Yep, Takuma and Ryo.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »
Ok this is seriously pissing me off, are there any alternate ways of doing f, b, f+P?

I'm playing on pad and keep getting the fireball super instead.

In xii you could do df,b,f+p. Not anymore though. Seems to be pretty strict in this game.

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 05, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »
This game has a high buffer window so you will have to be strict especially on pad. Make sure you don't slide your thumb from f to b. Your going to have to pick your thumb off the d-pad and hit each direction.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 06, 2011, 03:46:29 AM »
DAT TAKUMA'S TAUNT 

KoF 4 EVA

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 06, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »
This game has a high buffer window so you will have to be strict especially on pad. Make sure you don't slide your thumb from f to b. Your going to have to pick your thumb off the d-pad and hit each direction.

yup, this is the first thing i noticed about using a pad in this game. I was doing ralphs trials I think? Anyway, you cannot slide from b to f, and vice versa. You litterally have to take your thumb off the pad for each input.  A good way to get the hang of it is try doing ralphs qcf+C, b~f+A HD combo.  I noticed Ryo's trials you had to be particularily precise. Hope this helps...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 06, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »
dp+A > f+A

another great tip. sticky thread for these shortcuts would be handy.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 06, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
dp+A > f+A

another great tip. sticky thread for these shortcuts would be handy.

First page of this thread.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 06, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »

Not finding this method very reliable, guess I'll have to make due without the move :/

yup, this is the first thing i noticed about using a pad in this game. I was doing ralphs trials I think? Anyway, you cannot slide from b to f, and vice versa. You litterally have to take your thumb off the pad for each input.  A good way to get the hang of it is try doing ralphs qcf+C, b~f+A HD combo.  I noticed Ryo's trials you had to be particularily precise. Hope this helps...

Not really, I can do those loops just fine and Ralf doesn't have a super with f, HCF+P so there is nothing to overlap with.

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:57 PM »
@Diavle & Sanger Zonvolt
I usually input f,b,f P, by using tapping the direction not sliding it and it works for me :D.

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
 Where i can find the frame data...???

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 06, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
checked first page, needs an update in the first post. also no way to shortcut  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk or vice versa motion, shame.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 07, 2011, 02:42:53 AM »
Okay bought Iori 98 today and, love him. Problem is, everytime I do  ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;c then try to do  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a ;c it super cancels instead of drive cancel's into ex fireball.

Same issue with his  ;fd ;dn ;df;c into  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a it super cancel's into his can of whoop ass (not what it's called of course). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a quick, shortcut, or is it just all done in 1f like SF combo's?
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

PhoeniX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:11 PM »
On SRK Nax ran into an interesting damage scaling glitch.

After seeing it, I put some time into figuring it out, and I did. (scroll down somewhat for a full explanation)

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/damage-scaling-in-kofxiii-and-potential-issues.150426/

During a super, damage scaling is frozen. Not only for the hits of a super, but also the hits for anything else that would hit at that time (I can only think of fireballs that could cause this).

While I doubt you'll find little practical applications, I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 07, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »
Okay bought Iori 98 today and, love him. Problem is, everytime I do  ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;c then try to do  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a ;c it super cancels instead of drive cancel's into ex fireball.

Same issue with his  ;fd ;dn ;df;c into  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a it super cancel's into his can of whoop ass (not what it's called of course). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a quick, shortcut, or is it just all done in 1f like SF combo's?

I'm having the same problem, normally you could shortcut that by double tapping P. It usually cancels your dp into fireball. However Iori refuses, I'm at a loss as well.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.