Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259699 times)

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)
« Reply #645 on: February 07, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
How do you punish ralfs dive punch, i use nests kyo, kensou and k

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
...Run up and punish.  Unless he spaced it EXTREMELY well, it's not a hard punish.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:54 PM »
has anybody ever figured out the frames for Iori's qcb+B (or D) on hit?  I know that qcb+B is like -3 or -4 on block, but pushes you back out of range of a lot of things so it can't really be punished except by really really fast stuff, and that qcb+D is even less negative than that, but I am interested to know how much advantage it gives Iori on hit. 
Is it actually better for me to end short strings with qcb+B (to keep them standing and at possible disadvantage) or should I just use qcb+C (for the extra damage/meter plus knockdown)?
For example, if I hit with qcb+B at the end of a small combo, and do a cl.C right after, am I going to get stuff by somebody mashing out a DP with Kyo or something?  It wouldn't surprise me if 1f grabs could get me after it if I try to attack, but if I suspect they are going to do that, I could just hop instead of pressing a button...

Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:29 AM »
How do you punish ralfs dive punch, i use nests kyo, kensou and k

Can't speak for nests Kyo since I didn't buy him (though he has autoguard all over the place so...) but for Kensou ex super and ex qcf+K work well. For K its qcb+D if he's within range and qcf qcf+P super. These are on block. Its best to just roll forward when you see it coming for an easier punish.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:10:21 AM by Diavle »

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 09, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »
Has anybody else noticed incidences of King's NeoMax hitting more than 15 times (IE doing more than 450 damage)?  I hyperhopped in on somebody yesterday in a match and did a bare Neo Max with King, and it got 19 hits (for I guess 570 damage).  I couldn't tell you for sure what the position of the person was, or if it was a counter hit or something, or if they had left the ground right before getting hit, but it did a bunch of extra damage.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 11, 2012, 01:22:26 AM »
Any good way to deal with takuma players who keep spamming his flying kick?

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 11, 2012, 03:08:59 AM »
Can't you just block it and punish him?  I can't imagine that it's safe on block

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 11, 2012, 04:23:40 AM »
I think its safe on block.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 11, 2012, 06:19:38 AM »
you must at least be able to throw him after blocking it.  The B version might be safe, but I'd be very surprised if the D version was as well

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:01 AM »
you must at least be able to throw him after blocking it.  The B version might be safe, but I'd be very surprised if the D version was as well

Throwing isn't a very good punish seeing as how you can still throw tech during recovery.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Hey guys, if you care to know, Justin Wong just said that out of all the fighting games this generation, he considers KOF13 to be the best overall out of all of them in a talk show at http://www.twitch.tv/afterdarkgaming

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Thanks for the post, that's definitely interesting. Will check this out.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Hey guys, if you care to know, Justin Wong just said that out of all the fighting games this generation, he considers KOF13 to be the best overall out of all of them in a talk show at http://www.twitch.tv/afterdarkgaming

I wouldn't be surprised he'd say something like that. The guy knows quality and plays a lot of fighters. Problem is that KOF isn't paying out as big as Capcom games yet.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

Yo which vid are you referring to?  I was listening to Down Four Cast Ep. 2 Part 2 but they were ranting about MK. 

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Yeah was a rant/winge-fest pretty much throughout, couldn't find the bit where jwong made those comments, will take your word for it though. Any other talk was pretty much drowned out by empire tales or triforce opinions and people reacting to that.