Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259678 times)

SchOfHardKnocks

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering:
I'll post all the ones I know from previous KOFs as well, they should all work but if they don't please correct me.

-All qcf~hcb motions --> qcf x2~back + button
-Similarly, qcb~hcf --> qcb x2~f
-qcb~hcf --> qcb~db~f
-qcf~hcb --> qcf~df~b
-dp --> hcb~f

-Dash hcb x2 command throws (e.g Clark's DM)--> (somewhat close) hcb~f x2~hcb + button

-Canceling qcf into qcf x2 (e.g Shen's qcf+P, [DC] qcf x2+P) --> qcf + button, qcf+ button
-Canceling qcf into qcf~hcb (e.g Liz's qcf+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+P) --> qcf + button, hcb + button
-Canceling dp into qcf~hcb (e.g Yuri's dp+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+K DM) --> dp + button, hcb + button
-Canceling c.d~u into c.b~f (e.g Leona's c.d~u+P, [DC] c.b~f+K) --> c.db/d~ub + button, [DC] f + button
-Canceling dp into qcf (e.g K's dp+P [1hit], [DC] qcf+P...) --> f~qcf+P (hold P) then release (Thanks The_Answer)

-Tricky motions like Shen's CABC can be hard to buffer.  You can start buffering it while getting up, in the air, during the ending frames of a move or even off a s.C itself.  A useful trick is to hold down (whole time): d.A, d.C, d.A, d.B (this will buffer the first 3 inputs) and press C when you want to activate the DM.  By doing this technique, Shen appears to only do two d.As (since neither d.C or d.B link off of d.As), as soon as the opponent jumps, press C.

Hi, I saw your post on the cancelling of K's dp to qcf p and i tried it many times (including mashing the directions  ;fd ;df ;uf with the punch held!) but to no avail.
Is there a specific requirement or am i missing something?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:55:33 PM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
I'll post all the ones I know from previous KOFs as well, they should all work but if they don't please correct me.

-qcb~hcf --> qcb~db~f
-qcf~hcb --> qcf~df~b
-dp --> hcb~f

-Dash hcb x2 command throws (e.g Clark's DM)--> (somewhat close) hcb~f x2~hcb + button

-Canceling qcf into qcf x2 (e.g Shen's qcf+P, [DC] qcf x2+P) --> qcf + button, qcf+ button
-Canceling qcf into qcf~hcb (e.g Liz's qcf+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+P) --> qcf + button, hcb + button
-Canceling dp into qcf~hcb (e.g Yuri's dp+P, [DC] qcf~hcb+K DM) --> dp + button, hcb + button
-Canceling c.d~u into c.b~f (e.g Leona's c.d~u+P, [DC] c.b~f+K) --> c.db/d~ub + button, [DC] f + button
-Canceling dp into qcf (e.g K's dp+P [1hit], [DC] qcf+P...) --> f~qcf+P (hold P) then release (Thanks The_Answer)

-Tricky motions like Shen's CABC can be hard to buffer.  You can start buffering it while getting up, in the air, during the ending frames of a move or even off a s.C itself.  A useful trick is to hold down (whole time): d.A, d.C, d.A, d.B (this will buffer the first 3 inputs) and press C when you want to activate the DM.  By doing this technique, Shen appears to only do two d.As (since neither d.C or d.B link off of d.As), as soon as the opponent jumps, press C.

Hi, I saw your post on the cancelling of K's dp to qcf p and i tried it many times (including mashing the directions  ;fd ;df ;uf with the punch held!) but to no avail.

First of all welcome to DC!  When you get a quick second say hi and introduce yourself at the Meet and Greet section.

There was a typo, and it's meant to be f~qcf+A (hold P) it'll do the dp+A, and release A after the first hit.   Honestly, I find that link real hard and since I don't use K' I've only tried it in training mode once and have not managed it consistently.  You should stick with the easier one: hcb~f+A --> qcf+C.   hcb~f+A does an dp+A removing the overlap when you do qcf+C.

SchOfHardKnocks

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »

-qcb~hcf --> qcb~db~f
-qcf~hcb --> qcf~df~b
-dp --> hcb~f

-Tricky motions like Shen's CABC can be hard to buffer.  You can start buffering it while getting up, in the air, during the ending frames of a move or even off a s.C itself.  A useful trick is to hold down (whole time): d.A, d.C, d.A, d.B (this will buffer the first 3 inputs) and press C when you want to activate the DM.  By doing this technique, Shen appears to only do two d.As (since neither d.C or d.B link off of d.As), as soon as the opponent jumps, press C.

Hi, I saw your post on the cancelling of K's dp to qcf p and i tried it many times (including mashing the directions  ;fd ;df ;uf with the punch held!) but to no avail.

First of all welcome to DC!  When you get a quick second say hi and introduce yourself at the Meet and Greet section.

There was a typo, and it's meant to be f~qcf+A (hold P) it'll do the dp+A, and release A after the first hit.   Honestly, I find that link real hard and since I don't use K' I've only tried it in training mode once and have not managed it consistently.  You should stick with the easier one: hcb~f+A --> qcf+C.   hcb~f+A does an dp+A removing the overlap when you do qcf+C.

Thanks a lot. Will go try it out once i lay my hands on the machine.

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 03:57:53 AM »
wow short cuts actually work awesome.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 07:10:55 AM »

Apparently, Mr Kof says this works for Robert and it's the same type of link (dp P--> qcf P), you do dp+P, foward+P and it works as well.

SchOfHardKnocks

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2010, 08:26:04 AM »

Apparently, Mr Kof says this works for Robert and it's the same type of link (dp P--> qcf P), you do dp+P, foward+P and it works as well.

Lol. Yet to lay my hands on any machine. But tried enough to know it doesn't work for k in normal mode. The forward + p works only in hyperdrive mode. But for some reason, dp + p cancelling into forward + k(teleport) works even in normal mode. Dont understand the reasoning behind though.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2010, 04:15:50 PM »
ive got a gameplay question about lizzy. when lizzy does her normal counter, the opponent always is able to block. now, if the opponent is able to block, then it also means that the opponent is able to counterattack. yet i dont think ive ever see anybody counter lizzy's normal counter. anybody wanna try doing a dp, ex/dm or nm or even a command grab as a counter against her counbter. i think this should be possible, unless she uses her ex counter. this would mean her normal counter isnt worth jack shit and is actually a big mistake to use. that is, if it can be countered.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
is it possible to combo into nm from either a special attack or a ex/dm without going into hd mode? i know its possible from normal moves without going into hd mode, is it possible like this without going into hd mode?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »
Nope, sorry.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
is it possible to combo into nm from either a special attack or a ex/dm without going into hd mode? i know its possible from normal moves without going into hd mode, is it possible like this without going into hd mode?

i think it was a pretty important implementation for HD mode required to active Max Cancels. NeoMax'es already do a lot of damage and they don't scale in the same way that other attacks do (if i'm not mistaken). this also stresses more drive meter management and the general use of HD mode itself. if you really want a Neomax combo, there's the trade-off of having to save your meter instead of using it for regular combos/reversals. it's a fair trade if you ask me, and it makes Neomax combos all that more exciting since the anticipation builds towards it. at the very least, i suppose you could always do the Neomax on its own as a punish. some are better that way anyway (i.e. Vice).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:15:48 PM by FataCon »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
welmyou could still combo them using ex moves without cancelling into the nm but rather just juggling with them during combos.

personally i wouldnt have minded it if normal super cancels didnt cost any dc bar and nm cancels didnt have to be in hd mode. ah too bad, cant have it all. who kbnows, it might benefit the balance better this way, who knows.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2010, 10:35:10 PM »
personally i wouldnt have minded it if normal super cancels didnt cost any dc bar and nm cancels didnt have to be in hd mode. ah too bad, cant have it all. who kbnows, it might benefit the balance better this way, who knows.

Yeah, you definitely want Super Canceling to use drive meter otherwise it'll be too good, too much damage too easily.  The game already goes by pretty quick under competent hands, you'll see when it comes out on console.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Moved from the General discussion thread...
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:38 AM »
Also I read that you have done some experimenting with Clark. I was wondering who you think has better tools Clark or Ralph. Sorry if this is the wrong section I wasn't sure which character forum to ask in.

Ralf has better pokes, although the frames looks the same they seemingly have different priorities and recovery.  The easiest example would be Clark can do s.D, df.A -->  whereas Ralf cannot because his s.D recovers too slow (or pushes back too far).  Ralf's far C and d.C is better than Clark's in my opinion, it feels like it has faster recovery although I can't be 100% certain. 

Overall I think Ralf has better "tool" between his pokes, his air dive, his Ex qcf+P, qcb+P and his aerial normals although I just love Clark because I'm old school.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:27:17 AM by Kane317 »

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Moved from the General discussion thread...
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »
Also I read that you have done some experimenting with Clark. I was wondering who you think has better tools Clark or Ralph. Sorry if this is the wrong section I wasn't sure which character forum to ask in.

Ralf has better pokes, although the frames looks the same they seemingly have different priorities and recovery.  The easiest example would be Clark can do s.D, df.A -->  whereas Ralf cannot because his s.D recovers too slow (or pushes back too far).  Ralf's far C and d.C is better than Clark's in my opinion, it feels like it has faster recovery although I can't be 100% certain. 

Overall I think Ralf has better "tool" between his pokes, his air dive, his Ex qcf+P, qcb+P and his aerial normals although I just love Clark because I'm old school.

Thanks I've always liked Clark and Ralf and try to fit one if not both on my team. I wasn't sure who to use since I wasn't really sold on a SAB less Ralf, but after reading about ex qcf p and seeing his qcb p in some match vids I think he is a little bit more solid than Clark. Any og move you miss in particular for Clark?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »

Ralf has better pokes, although the frames looks the same they seemingly have different priorities and recovery.  The easiest example would be Clark can do s.D, df.A -->  whereas Ralf cannot because his s.D recovers too slow (or pushes back too far).  Ralf's far C and d.C is better than Clark's in my opinion, it feels like it has faster recovery although I can't be 100% certain. 

Thanks I've always liked Clark and Ralf and try to fit one if not both on my team. I wasn't sure who to use since I wasn't really sold on a SAB less Ralf, but after reading about ex qcf p and seeing his qcb p in some match vids I think he is a little bit more solid than Clark. Any og move you miss in particular for Clark?

I'm glad they removed Ralf's SAB, it makes Clark XIII worth playing:)

The one that everyone misses the most, Frankensteiner (dp+K). Although Napalm Stretch (dp+P) was useful, he didn't need it. I also miss his "Curossu Changa!" intro, that gave him personality.