Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259650 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Not shortcuts but I'll post these here.

If you have trouble with doing cr.B cr.B (HD), what you can do is instead of pressing B+C together, "plink" C then B. it'll activate and then a C will come out. Be ready to cancel into whatever command normal or special is next though.

For run grabs, you can "plink" the C or D with back/forward.

The easiest way in my opinion to do a dp (DC) qcf, is to make sure you hold the "d/f" or the "3" for a split second and ride the gate while you do the qcf or 236. This lets you feel if it's going to work or not.

Whoever said plinking in KOF 13?! It doesn't have the same usage as USF4 but it definitely has applications in KOF 13 .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:15:28 PM by Demoninja »

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Not shortcuts but I'll post these here.

If you have trouble with doing cr.B cr.B (HD), what you can do is instead of pressing B+C together, "plink" C then B. it'll activate and then a C will come out. Be ready to cancel into whatever command normal or special is next though.

For run grabs, you can "plink" the C or D with back/forward.

The easiest way in my opinion to do a dp (DC) qcf, is to make sure you hold the "d/f" or the "3" for a split second and ride the gate while you do the qcf or 236. This lets you feel if it's going to work or not.

Whoever said plinking in KOF 13?! It doesn't have the same usage as USF4 but it definitely has applications in KOF 13 .
What is plinking?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Harr harr. Plinking is sf(4) lingo. Not relevant as far as i know in any snk(p) games.

Plinking is when you cause a poorly programmed system to read an input twice by hitting a second, lower priority button on the frame after you hit the first one. The practical effect is that the higher priority button takes effect on two subsequent frames, thus making it easier to link normals together.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
You're right, it isn't plinking in the SF4 sense but it uses the exact same motion that takes advantage of how this system reads button inputs. For example my run grab trick won't work in 2k2 and the only reason the HDC input works is because of leniency in the system. I figured plinking would be the easiest way to explain it.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Yeah, and you're probably right. Stuff like Yuris srk.C dc srk.D is probably best done with a plink like input. Although i think that in that specific case timing might actually best be a bit slower than a plink. The magical wonders of a system in wich i like the leniency, oh joy! I do dislike that you have to adjust fireball inputs because of shoryuken input overlap, but knowing about it, it makes sense and is usually easily dealt with.

Off topic, but i'm extremely happy to see that mkx will allow players to turn off negative edge. Some companies actually seem to realise that crap like negative edge is stupid and ought to be done away with.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Speaking of Yuri, here's a really easy way to do her dp+A (HDC) dp+D, after you do the dp+A, immediately press and hold D and it'll HDC easily.

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Harr harr. Plinking is sf(4) lingo. Not relevant as far as i know in any snk(p) games.

Plinking is when you cause a poorly programmed system to read an input twice by hitting a second, lower priority button on the frame after you hit the first one. The practical effect is that the higher priority button takes effect on two subsequent frames, thus making it easier to link normals together.
Thanks for the explanation! I really didn't know what this was at all.

Alegretto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hey!

Does anyone know or has access to down/recovery frame data? As in, however many frames is it that recovery takes, or how long do characters stay in the ground if they don't tech the fall, etc.
Thanks!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
I'm on my iPod so I can't help much with searching but its definately floating around here. Iirc it would be different for some, like slightly faster / slower.