Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259644 times)

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »
I feel like I've been seeing more Duo Lon and Ash play recently. Also I don't know if it was the players involved but the two of them seem to do fairly well against K'. I was just wondering what other people people thought.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2010, 11:27:55 AM »
I feel like I've been seeing more Duo Lon and Ash play recently. Also I don't know if it was the players involved but the two of them seem to do fairly well against K'. I was just wondering what other people people thought.

I think it was more the Duo Lon player this time. I don't think Ash is any better of an anti-K' other than the fact the character itself is pretty underrated.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:34:14 AM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
I don't think Ash is a better anti-K' either but it really does depend on how well the Ash player performs his pressure. Would be funny though to see an Ash player use Genie on top of a K' trying to do Trigger.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2010, 02:59:17 PM »
Didn't wanna muck up the Vid thread with exhaustive gameplay convo, so figured I'd move it here.

Notes on the A-Cho Vids:

A-cho 1:
I really liked What Duo Pulled off HERE. It's great seeing His EX "command normals" used in such ways. Really feels similiar to some of Lin's tricks in 2k2UM.

A-Cho 2:
I rather like how Goro handeled K' in this first round. Why is it so rare to see Goro's Invincible throw used well? Would his weak special move Roll get him through some of the stuff he waited out here? And I remember how the Devs made a big point (back during the blogs) about giving Goro back that ;a poke, so it was good to see it used do well here.

And Aenthin, the whole "Wait...what?" moment was great, too. K' just go punished for cutting to the low slide too early, and Ash's backwards hop leaped over the slide.

A-Cho 3:
Elisabeth's combo here at 3:05 was nicely timed to tag on yet 2 more uppercuts after HD wore off. Semi-shame the DM wasn't landed afterwards.

And geeze, this was a shame for Ash. Betty drains 50% health with 2 drive cancels and 1 bar of Super meter, eh? All started off a counter hit jumping CD. The weak punch at the end just made the moment.
----------

Overall, there were some interesting things in these vids. My personal burning question though, is... why can't anyone play Maxima? Or, more specifically, are his guardpoints /autoguard on anything but EX dp + ;c THAT hard for the majority of players to use? I would think you'd see SOMEONE amidst all these vids that could use them to read and punish things that no other character can, but it seems rather rare.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »
and i also have a qustion, on those ustream vids theres supposed to be a great clark player. ive watched those vids and ll i found was a good ralph player. anybody wanna link the vid with clark?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

krazykone123

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
Can you guys name off some Instant Overheads?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »
leona  ;up ;d

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2010, 01:58:32 AM »
Can you guys name off some Instant Overheads?
leona  ;up ;d

Hmm that's a good point, I think Leona's might be the only one in this KOF.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
I don't know if people know by now. I messed with the Team Random feature for the single player earlier this morning and I was surprised that I got a new team for each match. I don't know how that will end up for versus matches though.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »
I don't know if people know by now. I messed with the Team Random feature for the single player earlier this morning and I was surprised that I got a new team for each match. I don't know how that will end up for versus matches though.

It's been like that for a couple of years now, it'll will random for you in versus as well.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 12:13:30 AM »
Well, it wasn't like that in KOF 2003, and can't remember if XI random changed your team for each match.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »
Yeah. Random Roulette didn't randomize for every match starting 2003, mostly due to the shift system. Also, Team Random is actually a new feature as previous games only featured single character random roulettes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:28:01 AM by Aenthin »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »
this might sound stupid but is there "Option Select" in KOF? Not that I remember...
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
i dont think so, theres too may ways to advance for an os to work. throw, jump, hyperhop, roll, dp or other invincible moves (dm's).

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »
Also, Team Random is actually a new feature as previous games only featured single character random roulettes.

In KOF 2002 (original) , when you hold start to random choose, just press up or down to choose Team Random, which changes with each match.

At this moment i can't check if this is available pre-2002