Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi Combo Discussion Thread  (Read 18818 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Kyo Kusanagi Combo Discussion Thread
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
Discuss various combos (from bnbs to HD combos) on their practicality, difficulty, damage, meter/stock used, positioning and detection. Here is the list from the wiki:

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_(XIII)&action=edit&section=16

Also, if you have combos you'd like to add or critique, mention them also in the wiki thread!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi Combo Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:04:34 AM »
cr.B, cr.A, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, (SC in air) qcb hcf+P, qcf+A, hcb+D

This is the 1 meter 50% drive combo everyone was using in the corner with Kyo in the arcade version . It's still very good in the console version, however, after trying a lot of stuff with him in training mode, I believe that his best 1 meter 50% drive combo in the corner is :

cr.B , cr.A, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, qcf+B, dp+A, (DC) qcf+D , (air) qcb hcf+P, hcb+B.  

It deals the same damage as the arcade bnb, but even if it's a bit harder to do due to the tiger knee orochinagi, It builds a lot of meter before using the super ( nearly a full meter actually ) so you can pretty much always do it if you have 1 drive. It also builds back more meter than used, builds a little bit of drive at the end , and is a hard knockdown.

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 02:21:23 PM »
corner HD loop,best damaging option metereless I found

HD cl.C qcf+D rdp+B [dp+C HDC rdp+B] X3 dp+A HDC qcf+D hcb+D,if you have 2 bars you can maxcancel hcb+D into neomax-> 734dmg

with 3 bars you can do orochinagi after qcf+D and then max cancel,809 dmg

with 4 bars after the loop you can do dp+A HDC qcb hcf+p land qcb hcf+P max cancel 879 dmg

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:03:32 PM »
From SRK wiki

(near corner) cr.B cr.A df+D xx qcf+D, rdp+B qcf+B, dp+C (DC) qcf+D, j.qcb hcf+AC, qcf+A, hcb+B

Having trouble with this combo. The bolded qcf+D completely whiffs. Is it possible to combo with it in this combo?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
I think you need to Drive Cancel into the qcf+D on first hit of the dp+C. Have you tried that?

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:32:22 AM »
From SRK wiki

(near corner) cr.B cr.A df+D xx qcf+D, rdp+B qcf+B, dp+C (DC) qcf+D, j.qcb hcf+AC, qcf+A, hcb+B

Having trouble with this combo. The bolded qcf+D completely whiffs. Is it possible to combo with it in this combo?

I think its a mistake, i think you can only drive cancel from DP+A into QCF+D by doing this the 2nd hit of the upkicks will juggle and let you continue the combo using DP+C will not let it juggle at all.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 04:33:05 AM »
it might be a typo for dp c ( haven't tried it out) but i know for a fact dp a will work.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 08:22:56 AM »
Yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Hm, the combo isn't even worth using the drive gauge for since you can do as much (or more) without using drive. 

slychivas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »
Hey all , how do you cancel his jump  ;dnC into jump ;dn C again? Theres not enough hitstun for the other one to hit. Should I delay the first jump  ;dn ;c as much as possible and then super jump cancel the second one to hit?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »
Hey all , how do you cancel his jump  ;dnC into jump ;dn C again? Theres not enough hitstun for the other one to hit. Should I delay the first jump  ;dn ;c as much as possible and then super jump cancel the second one to hit?

Two j.down+C's in a row, OG 98 Extra mode style? I don't think you can do that in this game. You can hit them with a hyper hopped j.C after a hyperhopped j.down+C...

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 01:37:48 AM »

i just try to hit the first one as low as possible then immediately do hyper hop down c in the opponents direction. 
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 02:42:32 AM »

i just try to hit the first one as low as possible then immediately do hyper hop down c in the opponents direction. 

Oh shit, I did it. Disregard my last message.

PhoeniX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
Yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Hm, the combo isn't even worth using the drive gauge for since you can do as much (or more) without using drive.  

That combo isn't meant for damage, but for meter building. That combo alone builds more than one stocks of super bar. It does only 6 damage less, and it does more stun.

I'd say it's worth doing.

You can't do damage even remotely like this damage without using drive. Unless you have some secret technology you should be sharing with us ;-)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:43:25 PM by PhoeniX »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 10:30:49 PM »
It appears XIII Kyo can combo from ground Orochinagi into dp+A while in hyperdrive with the right height of the opponent and correct timing of the ground Orochinagi.

Corner HD combos:
3 Stock
Cl. C (HD activate) D, dp+A, (HDC) rdp+B, (HDC) dp+A, (HDC)qcb hcf+ A (hold for timing/ ground Orochinagi), dp+A, (HDC)qcb hcf+ A (hold for timing/ ground Orochinagi), dp+A, (HDC) rdp+B, (HDC) air qcb hcf+A, rdp+B, dp+A

5 Stock
Cl. C (HD activate) D, dp+A, (HDC) rdp+B, (HDC) dp+A, (HDC)qcb hcf+ A (hold for timing/ ground Orochinagi), dp+A, (HDC)qcb hcf+ A (hold for timing/ ground Orochinagi), dp+A, (HDC) rdp+B, (HDC) air qcb hcf+A, qcfx2 AC
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:57:34 PM by AmedoS310 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »
Kyo : (30%DC/2,3Ex/corner){s.C/d.B,d.A},df.D,qcf.D,AirExOrochi,qcf.A,rdp.B,dp.A(2 Hits),(SC)Orochi,hcb.K (635/572 Dmg) Best combo i found for this cost

And rofl at the damage reduce difference of damage for one more hit : 48 for one more hit  :(
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo