Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi Combo Discussion Thread  (Read 18821 times)

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi Combo Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 09:24:18 AM »
Best 2 stock full screen HD combo I have seen so far :
s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.C,(HD)qcf.D,hcb.B,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)hcb.B,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)qcfqcf.AC (740 Dmg)

Doesn't work on a back turned opponent if you are closer than 2/3 of the screen with the corner.

From mid to 2/3 :
s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.C,(HD)qcf.D,hcb.B,(HD)rdp.B,[dp.C,(HD)qcb.B,rdp.B]*2,dp.C,(HD)qcfqcf.AC (761 Dmg)

Doesn't work on back turned opponent.

Those are some awesome combos! Just wanted to point out the typo for anyone confused; in the 2nd combo above, where it says qcb.B it should be qcf.B.

Best 2 stock HD combo I have seen so far :
s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,[dp.C,(HD)rdp.B]*2,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)Neomax
790 dmg (819 starting with j.C)

That's a good one. I made one a bit stronger but the range is terrible.
[2-stock Corner HD Combo]
C-df.D(2hits)<HDA> D-dp.C[HDC]qcf.B, dp.C[HDC]rdp.B, dp.A[HDC]rdp.B, 2x(dpC[HDC]rdp.B), dp.A[HDC]qcfqcf.AC
794 dmg (822 starting with j.C)

The one you use is better though imo because of the range and since it can be modified to an easy 5 bar kill if you air super cancel the second last dp.C to airDM then do EXDM-Neomax
[5-stock 50% screen HD Combo]
C-df.D(2hits) <HDA> D-dp.A[HDC]rdp.B, 2x(dp.C,[HDC]rdp.B], dp.A,[HC]rdp.B, dp.C,[air HDC]airDM, EXDM[MC]Neomax
976 dmg (1010 starting with j.C)

I made a 4-stock corner one too that doesn't kill but the damage is okay and it doesn't need any DM charging (though it still needs a dp.A cancelled on ground to DM so it's still a bit hard):
[4-stock Corner HD Combo]
C-df.D(2hits) <HDA> D-dp.C[HDC]qcf.B, dp.C[HDC]rdp.B[HDC]airDM, rdpB, dp.C[HDC]rdp.B, dp.A[HDC]DM, dp.A[HDC]Neomax
926 damage (951 starting with j.C)
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 06:51:16 AM »
This is a combo I saw on a latest KCE video: http://youtu.be/SF1TlI6Z920?t=8m23s

It starts from his overhead: f+B (HD), st.D, dp+C (HDC), qcf+B, dp+C (HDC), qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+C (HDC), qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+C (3) (SC), air qcb~hcf+P (land) qcf, qcf+AC = 858 dmg

with a jump attack (j.C) with a close C, df+D (2) the damage total was 880. Without the jump C, I got 851. So, it's a rather damaging combo either way you start it. I think it's rather easy, but the tricky part is timing that st.D that Kyo is close enough to hit the opponent fully with his dp+C. If you Hyper Drive Activate too early then the dp+C will whiff after the stand D.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:16 PM »
This is a combo I saw on a latest KCE video: http://youtu.be/SF1TlI6Z920?t=8m23s

It starts from his overhead: f+B (HD), st.D, dp+C (HDC), qcf+B, dp+C (HDC), qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+C (HDC), qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+C (3) (SC), air qcb~hcf+P (land) qcf, qcf+AC = 858 dmg

with a jump attack (j.C) with a close C, df+D (2) the damage total was 880. Without the jump C, I got 851. So, it's a rather damaging combo either way you start it. I think it's rather easy, but the tricky part is timing that st.D that Kyo is close enough to hit the opponent fully with his dp+C. If you Hyper Drive Activate too early then the dp+C will whiff after the stand D.

I've seen the 5 bar variant of this one (does 100% starting with hop C, C-df.D <HD>) on youtube somewhere. The only difference is at the end instead of just qcfqcf+AC at the end it's qcb,qcf.AC(2frame version) [MC] qcfqcf.AC.

The combo starter is strong but it has limited range; opponent's starting position is too far from the wall for the jumpin combo unless you do a deep jump that partially pushes the opponent back before you land --and-- you take full advantage of the HD slide. If starting from an overhead, it's probably 30% carry or so.
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 06:01:50 AM »
This was mentioned by Crazeh247 in chat:

(midscreen) j.d.C, s.D, [HD] s.D, dp.C, [HDC] qcf+C, [SC] qcb~hcf+C, [MC] qcfx2+AC = 777 dmg

3 stocks
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
Little note :
If you want to do qcf.D,qcb hcf.AC(TK),qcf.A,qcf.B,rdp.B,dp.C

Whiff canceling a far C before the fireball will give you the timing for landing the qcf.B

Although you still need to do the Orochinagi TK at the lowest height possible.

It enables you to do the optimized corner 2Ex combo or the 100% stun 6Ex one quite easily since you don't have anything to time anymore.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 09:21:37 PM »
s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,dp.A,(HD)qcb hcf.A(Hold),dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)rdp.B,dp.A,(HD)qcfqcf.AC (872 Dmg)

You can go with a dp.C after the orochi but I couldn't succeed to combo afterwards.

This combo is the most damaging one i found with 3EXs.

But it does not worth it, because it's just too difficult ... , here is what I'm doing :

s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,(HD)qcb hcf.A,rdp.B,[dp.C,(HD)rdp.B]*2,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)qcfqcf.AC (863 Dmg)
Far easier for 9dmg less.
Be careful the range is really terrible, you have to be stick to the corner.
Slight edition of Karn combo.

4 EXs version :
s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,(HD)qcb hcf.A,rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)rdp.B,(HD)qcb hcf.A,[dp.C,(HD)rdp.B]*2,(HD)qcfqcf.AC (923 Dmg)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:01:52 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »
In Kyo's General Discussion thread I expressed some interest in researching Kyo's backturned combos a bit because you can do some really nasty cross-up setups because he lands on the other side of him if you perform it near the corner. I've been experimenting with these combos quite a bit in training mode and even in a tournament setting, and I love how you can confuse the opponent by landing on the other side of them after the hard knockdown.

Corner cross-ups are explained in this video: http://youtu.be/TePo-epAmJc

Using ZeroBlack's gameplay and videos I've found a couple of neat combos that causes you to land on the other side of the opponent.

http://www.twitch.tv/zero_black/b/415681039

@ 12:03
* ZeroBlack's opponent did a rdp+B (XIII Kyo mirror match) that missed which caused him to be punished with his backturned. Then he performed cl.C, qcf+D, rdp+B, qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+A. Then when he landed after the dp+A, he landed in front of him BUT was able to jump over because of the backturned corner cross-up trick.

@ 12:45
* ZeroBlack caught his opponent at the end of a roll then punished with a cr.A, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, qcf+B, rdp+BD. Then his Kyo landed in the corner, then he hopped j.2C over them to cross them up and followed that up with a cr.B, cr.A, df+D (1), qcf+D (wait) qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+C (1) (DC), qcf+D, tk air orochinagi, qcf+B, rdp+B, dp+C. Doing that last combo alone is 422 dmg for just 1 bar and 1 drive...add a j.C and replace cr.B, cr.A with cl.C then its 507 dmg. A little tricky though.

@ 15:01

*His opponent got caught rolling after a reset to be punished by a cr.A (the cr.B whiffed before it), df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, rdp+BD into a hard knockdown in the corner. ZeroBlack landed in the corner, then just stayed their to hit his opponent with a cr.B into to a combo ending in a rdp+BD. His opponent probably thought he was going to jump over his body or maybe he forgot he was going to land in the corner. You can do that same set-up by using rdp+D instead of rdp+B, rdp+BD if you don't have meter.

I'll point out more examples later of some mix-ups but hopefully this will start giving people some ideas. I really need to find some good ways to pin the opponent in the backturned state but it seems catching them after a throw is one of the many ways. This video is 3 hours long plus he has more casual sessions, so I'll keep watching and continue this later.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:53:16 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."