King of Fighters XIII > Kim Kaphwan

Kim Kaphawn Wiki Thread

(1/3) > >>

desmond_kof:
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kim_Kaphwan_%28XIII%29

If you have anything you like to add or point out (mistakes, bad info) share them here.

12/6/11: His wiki needs some details in the normals, command moves, specials and DM's section. He also needs some combo revisiting too.

Detox:
Im having a hard time against Kyo and Andy
any idaes?

solidshark:
Adding these few to Kim's wiki for match-up strategies. These are general strategies, so if you've got any critiques or additions, please feel free to comment.

vs Ash
Most of Ash's game will be keep away and baiting an expected jump. Most of the time try to hop (not jump or super jump) over his projectiles. Stay grounded as much as possible, use st.B and st.D (less since it's slower) to break Ash's momentum. Anticipate Nivose as much as you would use Hienzan on someone jumping in on you.

vs Clark
Like Ralf, has a great standing C and decent D to keep you at bay, but will rush you down most of the time. Recommended for Kim to use more aerial and low attacks. Look out for his Gatling Attack as it comes out very fast and works as a great anti-air. Use combos starting with low B, st.B pokes for his hops, and use weak Hangetsuzan to bait Clark's attempt at SAB. However, a 3-4 hit strong Hangetsuzan will break the auto guard Clark's strong SAB. Youpuchagi, Hishokyaku, can be used to attack and bounce off of Clark, and keep j.B and Kuchugetsuzan handy for a lot of Clark's forward hops.

--- Quote from: Detox on December 20, 2011, 09:07:02 AM ---Im having a hard time against Kyo and Andy
any idaes?

--- End quote ---

vs Kyo(XIII)
Kyo mostly played with a complete rushdown strategy. Occassionally he might spam multiple Yamabarai for zoning at different speeds (weak, strong, and EX), but those are easy to hop over. Defense against Kyo should mostly concentrate on low or overhead attacks that turn into 30%-70% attacks usually depending on his meter. Kyo's st.D, Kotokskio, and Oborogurma are all great attacks that can catch you off-guard if used independently, and Oniyaki is his standard anti-air. Yopuchagi and hop/hyper-hop j.C is a good way to get in on Kyo, and EX Hangetsuzan will catch off-guard most times. Baiting Hienzan is not always recommended as Kyo hops more than he jumps. For more offensive, use Kyo's tactics of cr.B for starters and hop j.C. Also if you're close to Kyo, vertically short-hopping could bait Kyo's Oniyaki so you can punish. Also cr.C can be a strong low attack for a combo beginner too.

vs Andy
Andy is a close-in fighter with decent zoning and aerial. Hishoken being a non-ground fireball means you'll have a tougher time avoiding them. He might often outmatch you in the air with j.CD and Shoryudan, so it's not recommended to constantly attack in the air.

Mr.Minionman:

--- Quote ---No Stock, No Drive Gauge

d.Bx3, s.B, ff+A, qcb+B (in air) = 202 dmg

... If you want more damage, and you confirm from a jumpin, you can substitute the low and stand B attacks for a cl.C or cl.D into ff+A.
--- End quote ---

I think this spot might need to be revised. While it's not necessarily false, if you do j.C, cl.C, ff+A, qcb+B  you get 239 damage, but simply confirming the combo with a jumpin will give you 259 damage (or, because you can't get three after a jumpin anywhere but the corner, 242 damage doing j.C, d.Bx2, s.B, ff+A, qcb+B). Course, I'm pretty sure if you were following it with anything else, proration would hit a bit harder.

--- Quote ---2 Stock, 0 Drive Gauge

d.B, d.A/s.C, qcf~qcf+B, ff+A, qcb~hcf+K (in air) 357/399 damage

d.Bx3, s.B, qcb+BD, ff+A, air EX qcb+BD, ff+A, qcb+D = 396 damage

d.Bx3, s.B, ff+A, qcf+BD, s.D, ff+A, qcb~hcf+K = 404 damage

j.D, s.D, qcb+BD, ff+A, air qcb+BD, ff+A, air qcb+D = 469 dmg
--- End quote ---

Also, this section was put in twice. In the second combo, you can replace the last ff+A qcb+D with a d~u+D~down+D, but considering it does the same damage, it's somewhat irrelevant.

Anyway, I'm still working on learning Kim, (i.e fundamentals of the game through Kim), and the wiki has been a constant source for me. Hope this helps!

desmond_kof:

--- Quote from: Mr.Minionman on September 02, 2012, 01:14:52 AM ---
I think this spot might need to be revised. While it's not necessarily false, if you do j.C, cl.C, ff+A, qcb+B  you get 239 damage, but simply confirming the combo with a jumpin will give you 259 damage (or, because you can't get three after a jumpin anywhere but the corner, 242 damage doing j.C, d.Bx2, s.B, ff+A, qcb+B). Course, I'm pretty sure if you were following it with anything else, proration would hit a bit harder.
--- End quote ---

You're right on that, I will revise that part for that combo. You can hit with with a j.D into s.Bx3 midscreen but the j.D has the cross-up (rather difficult for me) so doing 2 s.B's is okay for a bit less damage.

--- Quote from: Mr.Minionman on September 02, 2012, 01:14:52 AM ---Also, this section was put in twice. In the second combo, you can replace the last ff+A qcb+D with a d~u+D~down+D, but considering it does the same damage, it's somewhat irrelevant.

Anyway, I'm still working on learning Kim, (i.e fundamentals of the game through Kim), and the wiki has been a constant source for me. Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---

I deleted that repeated combo (along with another repeated combo) and I'm still working on his corner combos at the moment. If you have anything you will like to submit for the wiki, please share it here. Thanks for the feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version