Author Topic: Tier List  (Read 73268 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Tier List
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »
777 is awesome, 1 of the 5 or so players that i actually like to see playing.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
Well you guys have piqued my interest. Will search for some vids featuring the guy and see what all the hype is about.

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Sounds about right, regarding the characters I know...

Athena: I find myself having to resort to weak rushdown tactics to do damage. Anti airing with DP only nets about 100 damage, which is quite low. FB~DP game definitely does not suit this game, but I think that's okay since it's such an abrupt and stark contrast to many of the other characters that it can throw your opponent off his regular pacing. I also throw a lot with Athena for damage.

Yuri: Mega buff, I think she is definitely top tier. Hard to get in, but once in, quite hard to push out. She has a couple tools get get in, so it's not a complete loss at > 1/2 screen. Damage output a little lower than some other characters, but that's to be expected considering all her tool.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 01:03:39 AM »
Well i think the yuri damage output is pretty good. A bit above the average imo.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 04:27:54 AM »
Being able to cancel her cmd grab is huge for her. 

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »
 i there any hope that SNK make  few tweaks after the releasing all of the DLC characters....
it's just that i want do something bout Shen  with grapples..-_-

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
I wouldn't mind them giving Ryo a little love. He classically hasn't been very high on tiers almost ever.

Would also be nice for them to review the amount of meter a player gains when getting punished.

I think King is really going to be one to watch out for. She has a near perfect zoning game. Best in XIII I would say.

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 08:24:37 AM »
I definitely agree with Kyo's analysis he is up there. King seems really good aswell, although he says Daimon is also top i haven't gotten around to trying him out. Would you guys say he is similar or better to his 98' counterpart?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »
From what I can tell, he seems to have a tougher time in re: to AA'ring. I'm no expert on Goro by any means, but he seems a shade weaker than his 98 self. I have a feeling that Goro is going to do quite a bit of growing in the months ahead - would be crazy if he was stronger than in 98.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
He pretty much echoes what I feel about the characters except for Terry. Maybe it's the fact that he has a good personal matchup against him, because as far as I'm concerned, Terry has good normals, easy/painful combos and EX Power Wave. I just wish he had Power Dunk back, but I guess we can't have everything.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 12:17:56 PM »
It's me or everybody is mid-low tier to dune?

Well, at least from the moment doesn't seem to be any stupid tech that breaks the game

Waifu Material

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »
By the time the game evolves these characters MAY be Top Tier

Yuri  :)
Mai >:(  (insane normals, crazy Neo Max I hate fanservice characters and people will use her more)
Hwa Jai
Vice  :)

Kyo will be read like an open book so he may drop to mid at tier at worst when the game matures

DLC characters could be high if not top tier (SNK did say that DLC chars are a little stronger than Day 1 characters) EX Iori is strong but ATM people use him for familiarity so that's a factor on why he's looking strong but don't disregard Claw Iori as well. Hmm better get ready for a team specifically designed to kill Mai.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
Kyo being really simple doesn't keep him from being top tier. In arcade, everyone knew what Raiden was going for. Didn't change the fact that DK was a broken move.

Kyo gets very high damage off practical confirms, mid-screen and in the corner. He also has a well-rounded movelist and decent normals. He can't help but be good.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
I agree, I think kyo is up there. He can do a lot of damage meterless and his confirms are very easy and straight forward.

Right now, I don't feel any character is particularly BAD, which is a good thing. The tiers feels very compressed at the moment.

Quinho

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »
I agree with this tier list, it pictures well the changes of the console and the place that each character belong, I agree with athena and kensou not working very well with the engine as well, and is always good to hear that King is awesome =P