Author Topic: Ralf Jones Wiki Thread  (Read 10480 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Ralf Jones Wiki Thread
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:15 AM »
Welcome to the Ralf Jones Wiki Thread!

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ralf_Jones_%28XIII%29

This is Ralf's wiki page and, like every characters' wiki page, it's still a work in progress. If you have anything you'd like to contribute to the page (strategies, combos, corrections, or just random tips), please post it here!

And a huge thanks to our contributors so far (from the old character thread):

bigvador
t3h mAsTarOth...!
Diavle
BioBooster
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:10:52 PM by Rex Dart »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones Wiki Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »
one more thing his gatling attack punishes almost everything on block that is im thinkin about makin a list of what gatling attack can punish

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »
@Rex, thought I'd add some detail to specials as I was mentioning the other day. Some of the stuff below is minor, but hopefully some useful. Thx

Vulcan Punch:
Can be cancelled from any ground normal including normals that can't normally be cancelled (whiff cancel too). Minimum # of punches~4. No difference btwn wk/st.
{usage: maybe we can adjust to say can be useful for anti air after cancelling a long rang normal. Maybe worth noting: Walking forward with vulcan, it is possible to cancel far C with EX Vulcan into charge galactica in the corner for 519}

Gatling:
{Maybe best meterless option after EX Burning hammer : C burning hammer > C Gatling for 232 ?}

Explosive Punch: EX fast enough to combo of weak attacks. Upper body invincibility.

Blitzkrieg Punch: {dunno if worth mentioning, but can be cancelled from jump A. Doesn't combo}

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »
In the corner, he can do:

St.C, d/f A, C vulcan, Cr. C, C gatling, D.C. C dynamite, (delay) A gatling x2, St.C reset (427..?)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »

St.C, d/f A, C vulcan, Cr. C, C gatling, D.C. C dynamite, (delay) A gatling x2, St.C reset (427..?)

Damn! Do you happen to have any footage of that? My execution doesn't seem to be good enough to actually reproduce that combo.

How does he cancel C vulcan so quickly? In older KOFs, I thought you could just press ABCD to cancel it, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

@ BioBooster - Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll be adding it to the Wiki right after I post this.  :)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:37:03 PM »
Very nice sir.

Maybe one quick tweak. I realize I may not have written it very clearly above.

"Maybe best meterless option after EX Burning hammer : C burning hammer > C Gatling for 232"

Is actually supposed to mean EX Burning > C Burning > C Gatling = 232.

So it's possible to get in a C Burning in between and the whole thing combos without any extra meter use.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:43:20 PM by BioBooster »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:22:54 AM »
Wow, I did not realize that worked. Thanks!

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:25:21 AM »
Thanks for the respect guys.  I will record it and post it this week.  When you re-post it anywhere, please give me credit for it :) that's all I ask.

So, I took the combo I posted earlier and took it one step further (which does 426 btw). You can cancel the C reset into A dynamite which leaves you completely safe (I did Shen's burst super immediately after the combo and Ralf blocks it!) Adding this give you some meter and the options of cr.B, st.C, etc., tiger knee superman punch, grab, whatever!  I took the video with my phone.  Now, to post it.....

Also, his best option with 1 meter and 1/2 drive is:

st.C, d/f A or cr.B, st.C, C vulcan, cr.C, C gatling, bareback vulcan for 461, instead of the 431 you have posted in the wiki.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:16:55 AM by C 3 »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 03:37:19 AM »

this combo is almost the same as the 1 in his trail number 7 i think u just use a reset instead if his phantom punch

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »
Awesome, Mr. Masteroth! Those combos have been added to the wiki.

Personally, I think the combo section of the wiki should give people an idea of what the character can do, rather than just list the ideal combo they should do under various meter requirements. So, until the combo section starts to get clunky to navigate, I don't think we need to delete anything yet.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 05:42:27 AM »
I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but whenever I do a cross over full jump on an opponent when i'm partially standing on their foot, I consistently get a cross up C.  Do with this info what you will.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:23:09 AM by C 3 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
Ya a reliable way to set up the cross-up is to do "cr.B or cr.A or s.B" right next to the opponent then jump forward... You will get a cross-up j.C every time...

However the opponent can crouch and avoid the j.C if you do it this way... So instead do "cr.B or cr.A or s.B" and step back "just a little bit" then instantly jump forward and j.C... This way you'll hit standing and crouching opponents...

A few other ways of getting a cross-up is "cr.B or cr.A or s.B" then stepping forward "just a little bit" and doing "hop C"... If they are couching still you will cross them up...

Lastly you can do "cr.B, cr.B" then "hop or hyper hop" forward... If the opponent keeps crouching then "hop C will not" cross-up and "hyper hop C will" cross-up...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
I revised the combo list that I made earlier... I added a bunch of new combos... Found a kill combo in the corner... In summery please never ever use Galactica Phantom in combos... Always combo into Bareback Vulcan... All of the combos are the highest damage I could possibly get in that situation and practical in a real match...

Mid-Screen Combos -

(0 Meters + 0 DC)

(j.C, s.C) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+C = 287/247 dm

(0 Meters + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+A, DC, qcf+C, b~f+C = 365/325 dm

(1 Meters + 0 DC)

(j.C, s.C) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, Bareback Vulcan = 420/380 dmg

(1 Meters + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+A, DC, qcf+C, Bareback Vulcan = 486/446 dmg

(2 Meters + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+A, DC, qcf+AC, qcf+C, Bareback Vulcan = 553/513 dmg

(3 Meters + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+A, DC, qcf+AC, qcb+AC, Bareback Vulcan = 622/582 dmg

Corner Combos -

(0 Meter + 0 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+C = 334/247 dmg

(0 Meter + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+C, DC, qcb+C, *delay* b~f+A, b~f+A, s.C = 467/393 dmg

(1 Meter + 0 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, qcf+AC, qcf+C, *slight delay* b~f+A, b~f+A, s.C = 478/402 dmg

(1 Meter + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, qcf+AC, qcf+C, *slight delay* b~f+A, b~f+A, DC, qcb+C, *delay* b~f+A, b~f+A, s.C = 564/488 dmg

(2 Meters + 0 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, qcf+AC, qcf+C, Bareback Vulcan = 555/479 dmg

(2 Meters + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, qcf+AC, qcf+C, *slight delay* b~f+A, b~f+A, DC, qcb+C, Bareback Vulcan = 650/576 dmg

(3 Meters + 1 DC)

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C), qcf+C, cr.C, qcf+AC, qcf+C, qcb+AC, *slight delay* b~f+A, b~f+A, DC, qcb+C, Bareback Vulcan = 716/642 dmg

HD Combos -

(0 Meter) *Possible Mid-Screen*

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C, d/f+A), qcf+C, far s.D, HD, s.C, qcf+C, (b~f+A, DC, qcf+C) x 5, b~f+C = 572/532 dmg

(1 Meter) *Possible Mid-Screen*

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C, d/f+A), qcf+C, far s.D, HD, s.C, qcf+C, (b~f+A, DC, qcf+C) x 5, Bareback Vulcan = 688/648 dmg

(2 Meters) *Possible Mid-Screen*

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C, d/f+A), qcf+C, far s.D, HD, s.C, qcf+C, (b~f+A, DC, qcf+C) x 4, b~f+C, DC, Neomax = 830/790 dmg

(4 Meters) *Possible Mid-Screen*

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C, d/f+A), qcf+C, far s.D, HD, s.C, qcf+C, (b~f+A, DC, qcf+C) x 3, b~f+C, DC, EX Galactica Phantom *charge lvl 2*, DC, Neomax = 957/917 dmg

(5 Meters) *Corner Only*

(j.C, s.C, d/f+A) or (cr.B, s.C, d/f+A), qcf+C, far s.D, HD, s.C, qcb+AC, qcb+A, DC, qcf+C, DC, qcb+C, qcb+A, DC, qcb+AC, qcb+A, DC, Bareback Vulcan, DC, Neomax = 1044/1004 dmg
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:10:38 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »
Thanks a lot, t3h mAsTarOth...!

I've added most of your combos to the wiki. I think there's a mistake at the top of your list, though. The first combo (0 meter + 0 DC) has a DC in it.

Also, you mentioned that D is a better follow-up to HD activation because it won't whiff on crouching opponents. But won't that change the damage values of these combos?

Edit: Never mind. Just figured out that you just meant far D > far C. And they have the same damage value.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:01:00 PM by Rex Dart »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
oh ya... lol... ok i fixed it... and no... far s.C and far s.D both do the same damage...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth