Author Topic: KoF XIII Iori DLC : Sony Europe fails again !  (Read 6968 times)

mercureXI

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
KoF XIII Iori DLC : Sony Europe fails again !
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
source : http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2117&start=10

Iori DLC on EU PS3 ... 04/01/2012 !!!

I guess I can go sell my copy and buy a 360 one or some import version now ... total fail !

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: KoF XIII Iori DLC : Sony Europe fails again !
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
fucking rising star games and their bs excuses, i should have went with atlus instead. more like falling star games, these dicksuckers. fucking dipshits.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
You can just buy the DLC from the US PS3 store and it should work. IIRC the DLC is not region locked.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »
You can just buy the DLC from the US PS3 store and it should work. IIRC the DLC is not region locked.

u sure thats not bs, peoplw where telling me not to doso? maybe its different with each game? somebody wanna confirm?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

mercureXI

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:18:27 AM »
I'd love to know about that too.

Because I'd just get this on US PSN, and EU PSN can kiss my ass !

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:46 AM »
Well I don't see why it would be region locked, but you know, it couldn't hurt to try.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 01:14:36 AM »
Why not buy the US dlc first and see if it works since you're leaning toward buying the import ver anyways. If it doesn't work, the dlc will be there when you buy the import.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 01:51:40 AM »
I remember someone saying it worked, but who, I don't remember, might had read it wrong. My logic says it should work, because it's just an Unlock key. But don't take my word as right, I might be off, but if someone has money to spend and a US account, it shouldn't hurt to try.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »

I tried a Jap code for KOF XIII and it doesn t work.I had to make a jap psn id and download it.Also it only works on my jap version and not the us one.DLC IS REGION LOCKED! like 99% of the games on ps3.

Weird thing is that i have my us copy installed on the hdd for quick loading screens...when i put the jap version i wanted to see if it recognizes the us install but no...now i have both versions installed on my PS3 LOL
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:37:35 PM by KBlackNoah »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »
Thanks for the clearing that up, for some reason I though it wasn't region locked. But now that I think of it, the simple fact that the game has 3 publishers, should be enough reason for it to have region locked DLC.

Tropxe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 01:07:18 AM »
fucking rising star games and their bs excuses, i should have went with atlus instead. more like falling star games, these dicksuckers. fucking dipshits.
Wow, calm down, kid. It's not Rising Star. The Xbox DLC is fine, and that version was also released by Rising Star.
My team so far: Vice | King | Most likely K', Kula or EX Iori

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Wow, calm down, kid. It's not Rising Star. The Xbox DLC is fine, and that version was also released by Rising Star.
this is classic musolini dude get used to it

zeech

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »
To clarify, the thing preventing DLC from working across different versions of the game is not region locking, but rather a consequence of how patches/dlc are distributed.

Every game has an identifying code, like BLUS-3434545 or whatever.  The different versions of the game have different codes (BLEU for eu iirc?  cant be bothered looking it up exactly.)

Anyways, the game is stored on the PS3 via this code, and the DLC/Patches are identified by the game code as well.   So buying DLC for the US version won't work for the EU version because their codes are different and your PS3 has no way of knowing that they are the same game.  (and besides, they might not be the same if they have localisation differences.)

Of course, there's nothing *technically* stopping them from coding into the DLC, "This DLC works for game codes BLUS-xxx BLEU-xxx BLJ-xxx" even if only people who own BLUS-xxxx are supposed to be buying that version of the DLC.

But that's not how the console DLC/Patching system works, and I don't know if MS/Sony even allows developers to break those rules, or how much effort and pain it would be to do so.

leegray99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
Only 2 days to go plus nests Kyo is meant to be released on the same day (lets hope so)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 01:54:15 AM »
sorry, i'm not in right topic, but its about flamme iori...  what about his DLC on PSNJAP?? (i mean exit thats pre-orders code of course)  Not released yet???

KoF 4 EVA