Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

AZ Thread : Making Our Best Players Assault Pizzaboys Since 2011

Started by Jenkem, December 09, 2011, 07:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Git_Thrown

Oh, also now that the Fall Semester is over, they'll be working on finishing up the guide, if you haven't noticed already, some pages have had info deleted, and some pages have a load of new information such as frame data and other things. Give it awhile, and the guide should be done within a month. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll hit them up for an answer, or try to answer it myself.

P1d40n3

Tag: Pi
Name: Adam Burch
PSN: P1d40n3
XBL: Sinrus Prowl
Mains: N/A
Quote: N/A
Misc: ???

I don't have kof13 yet, but I'm getting it in soon, and I'll be really looking to level up in this game.

Git_Thrown

To any new people who aren't a member of the FB group already: http://www.facebook.com/groups/216078878467845/ it's a lot more active in the info I or others post, but I encourage more people to come here so it's easier to find info and such.

Mailorder

Wow.  That is some incredible backstory.  Glad to hear that he's a cool dude now, wouldn't have liked that someone with such a scrubby attitude had a hand on the HitBox.  I still want to change the art on my controller though, that HitBox logo is so ugly

In other news, the weeaboo spirit has awoken and I'm trying to build a team solely on a Persona 4 color scheme.  Athena was an easy pick with Yukiko, but I'm trying really hard with Raiden as an incredibly ugly Teddie and K-dash as Yosuke, who looks really plain and not really like Yosuke at all.  Tried Shen for Kanji, but I can't make the face and chest different colors.  Also tried to fit Kyo into something, but his hair is too different.

I may just give up and find another silly themed-team.  Sticking with Athena no matter what though, I'm digging her look and her playstyle so far.  Juice also informed me that I'd have to learn SNK-button layout if I wanted to stick with Raiden as well, which I probably don't want to do.  I did try holding the kick buttons on the default Tekken / Box layout and I can do it, but it's pretty uncomfortable.

Jenkem

Hey guys, just letting you know that the first NeoMaxico/QCF King of Fighters Ranbat is just about a go. So far it looks like the event will be taking place at UAT on the 13th of January. I'll update the main post / facebook group as soon as things are official.

Mailorder

Did Atlus and/orSNK ever address the netplay lag issue?  I just know Atlus said they were looking into it.  I want to jump online, but I'm scared I will drop all the combos I already drop and rage-suicide.  Perhaps I should just play characters with strong normals online.

Git_Thrown

Hooooooooooly shit, don't ever take a week off from this game; I've forgotten everything.

euphoriagaming

King Of Fighters XIII Free Tournament
Games-King Of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Date: Feb 25, 2012
Location-Gotham City Comics & Coffee
46. W. Main St
Mesa, AZ 85201
Time-Casuals (2PM) Tourney (4PM) BE ON TIME
Setups- 4 (PS3's) 4 (Asus Monitiors)
(BYOC) Bring Your Own Stick or Pad
2/3 Games (W/L/G Finals 3/5 Games)
FREE Entry
Prizes-Giftcards 1st-$30 2nd-$20 3-$10
Raffles Details SOON
Facebook Event Page-http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/200857016674308/
KOF13-4PM-6PM
Casuals 6PM-7PM
Link Thread-http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1951.0

SNK

Tag: Mr.SNK
Name: Nick
PSN:
XBL:
Mains: 96'/ 98' Roster
Quote: You haven't seen nothing yet.
Misc:   ;db  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;df  ;c

I'm new to 13 and am very interested in learning a solid game that hasn't been broken yet and actually requires footsies and good reflexes.

Jenkem

Quote from: SNK on January 17, 2012, 05:36:13 AM
I'm new to 13 and am very interested in learning a solid game that hasn't been broken yet and actually requires footsies and good reflexes.
Added; good to have you here.

Quote from: Mailorder on January 16, 2012, 01:51:14 AM
Awwww yea I'm down.
Hell yeah. Everyone that can come should.

Git_Thrown

Just in case people still browse DreamCancel, I'll post the info here as well.

Here is the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/events/147350645380174/

"hAZbat tournament season 2 [Ranbats]

April 28 at 12:00pm until April 29 at 12:00am

8203 S 53rd ave, Laveen, 85339

First off, hAZBat season 2 will be starting soon! Details are below:

- The dates of the hAZBat 2 will be April 28th, May 12th, May 19th, June 2nd, June 16th (we are skipping the 26th of may for personal reasons so please take note that may 12th and 19th only have a one week gap)

- The location will be at HAZ's House (8203 S 53rd ave, Laveen, AZ)

- The schedule of the tournament will be as follows (please try to stay up to date as times may change slightly):

- IMPORTANT PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ >>>>>> Will be running Winners bracket ONLY on the stream till winners finals then run losers bracket off the stream of each game then after all 5 games losers brackets is done will put Losers finals and grand finals back again on the stream

- 1:00pm-2:30pm King Of Fighters 13

- 2:30pm-4:00pm Soul Calibur 5

- 4:00pm-5:30pm SFXT TEAMS (since this is now the EVO layout, we will follow and practice for it, IF for some reason EVO changes how SFxT will be handled we will also change)

- 5:30pm-7:00pm SF4AE2012 Singles (High Rollers style $10 fee)

- 7:00pm-8:30pm UMVC3 Singles

- This is also a rough schedule of events but expect the start times to be accurate, so DON'T BE LATE!

- The scoring system is slightly changed to keep it a little more competitive, for winning a single ranbat tournament you will be awarded the following points:
1st = 7pts
2nd = 5pts
3rd = 4pts
4th = 3pts
5th = 2pts
7th = 1pt

- After the FIVE tournaments are over the top THREE people with the highest point totals will be awarded the ranbat pot split 60% for first, 30% for second, and 10% for third.

- Also for winning a single ranbat tournament the top THREE players will be awarded 60% of the tournament pot for first, 30% for second and 10% for third AND for STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN ONLY top four will only get paid 1st and 2nd get 35% each and 3rd and 4th get 15% each

- SFxT, UMvC3, kof13, SCv tournaments will cost $5 dollar entry fee, of the $5 one dollar will be taken out and placed in the ranbat pot and leaving the remaining four for that single tournament pot and for SSF4:AE will be taken $2 out of the $10

- There will be a venue fee of $5 unless otherwise stated to cover electricity, equipment, and other expenses (such as food and drink at Haz's house)

- Each tournament will be a double elimination style bracket with Loser finals, Winner finals, and Grand finals being a best of 5 match while other matches are best of 3.

- For SFxT there will be no gems allowed, and no infinite's past three reps

- SFxT, SSF4:AE2012, UMvC3 will be played on XBOX 360 and SCv & KOF13 Will be on PS3, we appreciate anyone that is willing to help with setups, please text/message Hazem if you can help "4803096085"

- Make sure to follow our stream channel on www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat

- Last but not least we will be accepting donations any time if anyone felt like it (we still working on upgrading the stream with more stuff and would be awesome if anyone wanted to help us to get big with our Az scene) thanks alot for the support"

KOFXIII will be run on PS3 setups with mostly ASUS monitors, and one CRT. Sticks/pads can be provided if you cannot bring your own, but we encourage you to bring your own equipment, and of course, more setups are always welcome as well.

If you have any questions regarding this event, please post them here, on the Facebook page, or on these twitters:

@teamhazmat

@NeoMaxico

Hyperbomb69

Hey everyone, I know this thread hasnt been posted in but I'll take my chances. Im brand new at KOF, 13 is my first game, I played other fighters though but this game is just so different but I love it. Anyway Im looking for people to play and learn with offline because the online for this game is ridiculously retarded and I wont learn anything from it....

Tag: Hyperbomb69
Name: J.D.
PSN: Donlongdong666 or Hyperbomb69
XBL: N/A
Mains: N/A
Quote: N/A
Misc: N/A

ThatDragon

For any interested in Kof13 and have not been to our facebook pages please look us up we us this as communication rather then DC. http://www.facebook.com/groups/216078878467845/

We have a few ppl that hold weekly casuals as well as our ranbat season on Team hazmat.  Look us up