Author Topic: Things that beat B SAB  (Read 7198 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Things that beat B SAB
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:47:59 AM »
List them:

Terry's EX Rising Tackle.

Joe's Tiger Knee.

Takuma's Charge kick Hienshippukyaku.

Kyo's EX SRK, and regular SRK if he Drive Cancels.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that beat B SAB
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
So along the same vein, not that you'd want to do it predictably often - but if it happens take advantage.

Most wakeup weak verticle DPs can hit the guard point and land in time to punish the whiffed B SAB.

I had great success using Ryo's against some Clark players, but am reminding myself to not make it a general habit.

If it's wake-up, that reversal backdash may have a lot of potential in showing Clark he's garnered your ire.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:39:20 PM »
So anything that makes your aerial, after the initial "Guarded" hit, but before Clark actually does his grab animation.

Conversely, this also means that oppoments can use this to their advantage. For example, you can use B SAB as an anti-air to step jump-ins, but also, people Mai and Hwa, who can cancel into secondary air actions, can get the drop on you.

If a K's approaches you with his "SHADAAAAA!" Minute Spike, you can absorb the Minute and Narrow Spikes, and throw him, if he does the second hit instantly, but if he staggers it, or stays in the air, foregoing the Narrow Spikes, you'll be left open.

I do think that's the supreme beauty of B SAB, though. It trains people to attack in ways they wouldn't, and makes them react in risky ways that Clark can take advantage of. Standing D, Gattling attack, Standing C, and just hopping after and grappling all beat their backdashes, but EX SAB, GP SAB, and D SAB all make staying still or attacking on wakeup so dangerous...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »

I do think that's the supreme beauty of B SAB, though. It trains people to attack in ways they wouldn't, and makes them react in risky ways that Clark can take advantage of. Standing D, Gattling attack, Standing C, and just hopping after and grappling all beat their backdashes, but EX SAB, GP SAB, and D SAB all make staying still or attacking on wakeup so dangerous...

That and it gives Clark pretty legit Tick Throw options.

Kyo_Rock_Hibiki

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
KOF XIII Do you hate Clark's auto guard command grab?

Here are some options if you got caught in a B SAB

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
^Nice vid man, that's hell helpful.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
That is pretty good! These are very useful strategies. Though, I feel aside from jumping, you can't expect people to do this on reaction. They either have to be conditioned to play this way against Clark or always expect him to do B SAB.

Also, what if they're on the offensive. If they knocked you down, rolled on top of you for an ambiguous mix-up, and did B SAB behind you, you'd have to react and switch it up. That's aggressive use of the move and I think that'd be a harder scenario to apply this strat to.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »
god, counter hit Ryo neo max is so brutal.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
Just stick to hopping, so much more effective.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
  • I want GEESE in KOF XIII!
    • View Profile
Why is everyone whining about Clark's SAB?
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
Serious question! I get nothin but rage quitters who message me afterwards saying "Clark is for noobs" or "that full auto-guard is OP". They forgot that there is a thing called backdash in the game.

The REAL whine-babies are the ones that try to play "keep-away zone" and get me down to less than 40% with then I penetrate and stay on em to come back and win the round.

Why cry?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:30:58 PM by FameDouglas »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Why is everyone whining about Clark's SAB?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 06:55:59 PM »
I don't cry about Clark but, in order to beat him, you pretty much have to zone him out.

I get annoyed by Clark players crying about fireballs. He's too dangerous to get close to.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »
Most people I encounter online will play keep-away regardless of me using Clark or not. I mean seriously, play fireball keepaway against Billy? But I haven't encountered many people complaining about Clark.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
With the way online works now it's a tactical advantage to zone.

1. With input delay guarnteed and the parameters are always changing in every match it's a lot harder to get around fireballs then it used to be. So, for people who want to win spamming the fireballs tends to work out.

2. Even if you can get yourself around the fireballs, more then likely you are going to get around them in a less safe way then if you were comfortable with the parameters of the game. With that knowledge your opponent is probably gooing to hang himself out to dry trying to move around the fireballs rather then getting himself in a good position to strike. So again zoning makes a lot of sense rather then close range combat.

I personally hate zoning in this game online cause it gives you advantages that you would not have offline, but I can understand why they do it. It's also a major reason why I play less online.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
^^ Yeah. Thank god almost every character has at least one EX that goes through fireballs.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 04:16:32 AM »
I use Claw Iori's EX Grab pretty consistently to beat B.SAB. Also, Kensou's rdp+B usually works.