King of Fighters XIII > Kim Kaphwan

The Pros and Cons of Kim: Strategy & Matchup Thread

(1/5) > >>

desmond_kof:
Share strats against other characters and your own opinions Kim's overall gameplay pros and cons...his advantages vs his disadvantages. If you would like to contribute your thoughts to his wiki, go to his wiki thread here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1688.0

thanks!

LouisCipher:
I think he has a tough time against zoners, which make up roughly a quarter of the cast. That, and he absolutely needs to run 2nd or 3rd because he needs meter to do damage.

Sad to say that I jumped ship from using Kim. I think he would be better if his EX Hangetsuzan went through projectiles and he had an easier time linking into B Hangetsuzan

Sharnt:
Pro :
- Deals more than the average (More than Kyo, less than Iori/Hwa Jai)
- Safe jumps everywhere
- Good frame traps
- Good air control
- Good zoning tools (far.C, far.D especially)

Cons :
- Poor mixups (Except the High/Low after a knockdown)
- Can't deal that much without meter and have a hard time to build any, because he is laking of a practicable safe spacial move
- Higher requirement in terms of execution to do the optimized combo than the majority of the cast (A step aside Ash though)
- Kyo/Hwa Jai are better than him in roughly every situation

That's how i see him for now.

SwitchPlaya:
We need more threads like this with every character anyway i am having trouble with the Kim and King match up it seems that King has a better time controlling the screen ant it seems that she can easily anti air him with her Trap shot i think its called

desmond_kof:
After playing with Kim for a little bit, I've sort of noticed that he doesn't really have a good standing fast, long poke, similar to his 98/02 versions. My favorite standing poke was mainly his s.A in those games. It had a decent speed, range, and it was pointed directly at the opponent's mid-section while his jab in this game doesn't have that same angle and it isn't as long. His s.B is okay for stopping hops, and his s.C I haven't really build much trust using it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version