Author Topic: Terry Bogard Combo Thread  (Read 43147 times)

blackgenma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard Combo Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »
in the issue of choosing between  ex rising tackle and buster wolf, I personally always chose buster wolf, because it doesn't raise the opponent's bar like crazy, and its only a few points less on damage. its also easy to turn it into ex buster wolf if your reliant on habit to perform your combos mid match, and you want that extra damage.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
Hey guys, been busy with the holidays for awhile. If anyone wants to add anything further or suggest any combos be red/black, feel free to.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 04:52:47 AM »
I've been having problems with a specific combo I saw in one of the Atlus tutorial vids.

;d;fd ;a, HD,  ;d;fd ;a;dn ;db ;bk ;a;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c;dn ;up ;c;dn ;db ;bk ;c;dn ;up ;c;dn ;db ;bk ;c;dn ;db ;bk ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b

I can get till the end, but the EX buster wolf whiffs no matter what. What's up with that?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 05:05:33 AM »
Is your D Crack Shoot hitting 3 or 4 times?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 05:36:04 AM »
3 I think. I will have to check tomorrow. How many times does it need to hit?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 05:38:45 AM »
Technically you can get it to juggle at 3, but it suddenly becomes a pain in the ass chore.  4 hits makes your life a lot easier.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 06:12:41 AM »
How do I make sure I get 4 hits then? Do I crack shoot sooner or later?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 06:18:22 AM »
You have to time your input so they fall as closer to the ground. It takes some time, but once you get it, you'll never forget it.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:31 PM »
I take it you mean timing the crackshoot when they are closer to the ground? Cause I tried delaying the buster wolf, but that hasn't helped. It looks like it should connect, but it seems to go right through them.

Thanks for the help though. I'll give it a shot after work.

EDIT: Fuckin' A man! I finally got this shit to work. Now to get this consistent enough that I can actually use it. Thanks for the help everyone.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:04:14 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2012, 01:59:53 AM »
What's the damage on that HD combo anyway. For some reason I can't get the burn knuckle to come out after that 2nd rising tackle so I decided to just omit that from the combo and I got 692 which obviously isn't really worth it for the amount of resources it uses.

Though at the same time I run Terry 3rd so if it turns out my opponent is also on their last character and happen to have below 700 health and I happen to still have all that meter it would be fine, but I think that's way too specific to be that practical.

hdnguyen

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »
What are some good guard crush strings? I have been using j.C > 2B > 2A > 2C > 236AC > j.C > 5C > 3C > 214A and this will guard crush them on the buster wolf and from there do a combo or go into HD.

What I mainly want to know is, is there a reliable guard crush string starting from 2B? I do 2B > 2A > 2C > 236AC > j.C > 5C > 3C > 214D > 5C > 3C and this usually guard crushes them but crack shoot is not that reliable and if they stand block I get thrown / tech or trade.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
What are some good guard crush strings? I have been using j.C > 2B > 2A > 2C > 236AC > j.C > 5C > 3C > 214A and this will guard crush them on the buster wolf and from there do a combo or go into HD.

What I mainly want to know is, is there a reliable guard crush string starting from 2B? I do 2B > 2A > 2C > 236AC > j.C > 5C > 3C > 214D > 5C > 3C and this usually guard crushes them but crack shoot is not that reliable and if they stand block I get thrown / tech or trade.

I can't speak for Guard Crush Strings with him too much (though I do imagine Terry is good at them) but I would recommend using more traditional western inputs as opposed to the Japanese numerical system as it's what we use on our wiki and what most people are familiar with. I know I still have to look at my numpad when I see people use numbers lol.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
Was fooling around with him in practice and man, his Buster Wolf is so freaking fast (was trying the regular non ex version). I'd say its so fast that it feels like you can link it after normals (kinda like what you can do with Rock and his Shining Knuckle in MOTW).

Like I did a close sD, waited to see if it connected and was still able to combo in with the Buster Wolf. This also makes it ideal for comboing from his low target combo since you get a lot of time to input the move.

Anyone know frame date on this? Its gotta be 1 or 2 frames or something.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:18:05 PM by Diavle »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
Well, the start-up time for Terry's moves haven't really changed. They said that the EX and the regular buster wolf are the same start-up which made it faster. However, in Arcade, the start-up for it was 11 frames.

I don't think it's 1 frame or even 4 frames, but there's a way you can test it. Use it as a punisher for moves you know the recovery frames for. For example, Kyo's qcf+D. Set a dummy to do it and then block. If you can't punish him, it's more than 3 frames start-up.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
Yeah, it can't punish it.

They did make it easy to link/combo into after his normals though in that case, thats for sure.